His Wish

The Dull One

"Hey I heard you kissed Chaekyung during the resort trip." Sunggyu asked L. "Did you?"

One statement. Ten words. A group of insane handsome boys.

"WHATTT??" Sungyeol shrieked and bounded over from the other end of the hall where he was adjusting the television screen. He wouldn't have managed it without his long long long legs really. "L you did and you didnd't tell me???" he complained.

Dongwoo ran down from the second floor where he was rummaging L's private fridge. "Wait what? I heard something about kiss?"

Sungjong, who had been practicing his dance in the room next to the one Dongwoo was in, heard what his hyung said and burst out of the door. "What? Can you repeat that?"

And soon all the Infinite boys were crowded around L who felt like he was suffocated by a bunch of Despicable Me minions. L shot a glare at Sunggyu who had started this whole mess and Sunggyu shrugged, pointing at Woohyun. "Excuse me? He was the one who told me you kissed Chaekyung."

"HYUNG!" L whined, throwing a pillow at Woohyun.

Woohyun ducked and blinked in confusion. "What? So you didn't?" he asked, puzzled. "You were the one who started asking me how it felt like to kiss someone-"

"Ooh!" Hoya wriggled his brows suggestively.

"-and you were the one who asked me when people had the urge to do it." Woohyun continued without missing a beat. "And you said you were going to make her happy. I thought you were going to kiss her already?"

"Waah hyung, so how did it feel like?" Sungjong asked in interest.

"Dude, I can't believe you didn't tell me!" Sungyeol pouted. "I thought I was your best friend!" he blew a raspberry and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

L rolled his eyes at the chaos and picked a stool, standing on top of it. "WILL YOU GUYS JUST SHUT UP?" he hollered. Six pairs of lips abruptly stopped moving.

L sighed and got down of the stool. "Thank you." he muttered. "Now if you all listen to me, I DID NOT kiss Chaekyung on the lips that night."

"You didn't? Aww!" Sunggyu pouted.

"I did however, kiss her on the cheek." L mumbled. "I really really tried to move towards her lips, I just....there seemed to be a force that repelled me away from it you know. I'm not kidding. So I kissed her cheek instead."

"A force?" Hoya raised a brow. "You do know it sounds ridiculous, right?"

"Yes I do." L muttered. "But trust me there was. I just couldn't do it. I don't know why and no I am not gay before you say anything." he shot a look at Sungyeol who had opened his mouth. Sungyeol huffed and promptly shut it.

"I just...." L looked at his friends. "It didn't feel right."

Woohyun watched silently, taking it all in. Dongwoo scratched his head. "But if it didn't feel right why did you ask Woohyun about it? You obviously wanted to kiss her. There's just something in your guts that's making you not want to do it."

"No I..." L raked his fingers throug his hair and turned sheepish. "Jaekyung talked to me about why I haven't kissed Chaekyung and she looked so troubled about it. So I thought...I thought it was the right thing to do. But I just couldn't do it."

"Heh you , you even need the sister to push you for you to do something about it." Sunggyu scoffed.

"Yeah yeah yeah." L pouted. "I don't wanna care about this right now. I've got an essay to write so all of you, out of my room please and keep yourselves to my living room!" he stalked up to his room.

Woohyun's eyes followed L, his brows furrowed. The other boys started getting back to the dramas they were watching, the games they were playing, the dances they were dancing. But Woohyun didn't.

He stared at L as the latter closed his door and started working on his essay, and the wheels in Woohyun's mind began turning as he analysed the situation. "It couldn't be." he murmured. "Nah." he laughed uneasily to himself. "No way Woohyun you're too imaginative."

 

 

 

"I'm sorry."

Chaekyung smiled at her boyfriend and shook her head. "It's really okay, L oppa." she assured. "I have taken the bus home for so long now, one day without your Audi isn't going to kill me." she joked.

L rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I'm going to stay back in school for a bit for the next two weeks." he told her. "Has your sister told you about the Newsletter Editor thing?"

Chaekyung nodded. "Yeah." she grinned. "And she told me about the bet too. You better watch out, L oppa. Because when unnie wins I'll be on her side too!" she wagged her finger at him.

L chuckled and nodded. "Arraso. So I better win huh?" he grinned.

Chaekyung made a face at him. "You're not going to win, unnie's going to." she giggled. L pushed her forehead. "You're so not supportive."

"Yeah? Family over boyfriends, that's my principle." Chaekyung grinned. "I'm going to be fine without you sending me home, L oppa so don't worry. I can go shopping with Bomi and Soomi today then."

Chaekyung turned to go and waved cheerfully. "Good luck with the essay L oppa!" she darted off.

L nodded and walked to the library where he was meant to meet Jaekyung. Yes he needed all the luck he could get.

-----

He found Jaekyung already burying herself in a stack of books when he got to the library.

The table that was meant for four was nearly completely occupied by her and all her books and she didn't even notice when he turned up. L sat down directly in front of her and rested his chin on one of his palms, supporting it by his elbow.

And he watched.

Now that he had seen how she really looked like, he knew she was beautiful. Not that he didn't suspect it before. No no.

Because L had this feeling inside that Jaekyung was really really beautiful behind those glasses, and even if she wasn't, L would think she was breathtakingly beautiful no matter what her exterior looked like. Because her heart had proven to him that she was the most beautiful girl inside and that won whatever pretty face hands down.

He watched as her lips pressed in a firm line as her eyes scanned the book, biting her lips once in a while while her brows furrowed.

L chuckled softly, his eyes soft and tender. This girl, this girl was perfect.

Perfect not because she actually was, but because she was flawed. The scariest thing about everything was that even her flaws were pretty, even her flaws were perfect to him.

The irony was so strong, stinging right in his face but he couldn't deny that she was beautiful. She was perfect.

She finally noticed him in front of him when she slammed one of the books down after deeming it useless. Her eyes widened and she stumbled back lightly, blinking in confusion. "When did you get here?" she whispered.

"Seven hours, fifteen minutes and twenty two seconds." L blurted.

Jaekyung stared at him for a few moments before everything set in. "Jerk." she whispered, wrinkling her nose at him.

L laughed softly and picked up the book she just rejected. "How long have you been here anyway? You've nearly robbed the entire library of books." he glanced at the other books she had chosen.

"What?" Jaekyung huffed lightly. "I need them for the essay."

L chuckled softly and leaned forward, pushing her forehead in the same way he did to Chaekyung just moments ago. Except the entire vibe was different.

"You're really determined to win, aren't you?" he murmured.

"Even without the bargain and Kim Young Ha, I'll want this." Jaekyung spoke softly, and L was aware it wasn't because they were in the library. This was something from her heart.

She looked up with a small smile. "So you better work hard if you don't want to be beat hands down." she wagged her finger at him. L caught her finger before he knew what he was doing and had a sudden urge to kiss her finger tips.

*WHAT THE HELL?* L gulped at his thoughts and abruptly let go of her finger, casually clearing his throat. He smiled and leaned back on his chair. "I will."

-----

And he did.

L stayed back with Jaekyung till there was only the two of them left in the library and iti was ten minutes from the library's closing time. He had gotten a lot of books as well and the table they shared was nearly not enough for the both of them.

However when Jaekyung suggested that they take two different tables so that they could have more space to themselves, L had fervently refused.

He kind of liked how they were cramped together, how the books were forcing them to sit closer, how there was this happy contented feel between them when they were just simply reading books together.

Yes, L found happiness in little things like that, like the dork he was.

He closed his book, yawning softly as he looked over to his right. He bit back a smile when he saw Jaekyung's head on the table, her eyes closed and her glasses crooked as she dozed off.

The librarian came over to tell them to get ready to leave and L hushed her. He pointed to Jaekyung and signalled for the librarian to give them ten more minutes.

She smiled and nodded, walking away slowly so that the clicking of her heels wouldn't be too loud.

L looked back at Jaekyung and slowly reached for her crooked glasses. He nudged it out of her face and put it to his eyes.

Just as he thought, it was pure plastic. She didn't even need these things to see clearly as he had suspected her to be. She wore them because she wanted to.

L let his eyes trail back to her sleeping face, that same face that appeared in his dreams for the past few days since her glasses dropped during the beach volley ball game, not that he would ever admit it to anyone.

This same face that she had tried to hard to hide from everyone.

L gripped her glasses tightly and watched her sleep. "I think I know what my wish will be if I win, Lee Jaekyung." he whispered.