Missing

The Dull One

Chaekyung sighed softly as she stared out of her window.

It's tiring to keep up with hating someone. It's tiring to dislike someone, even. It took lots of energy and it made you feel bad.

Which was why the Lee sisters seldom disliked anyone in particular because it it took less energy to smile.

Chaekyung knew she didn't hate her sister. She just couldn't wrap her head around the fact that the one guy she was so in love with was now dating her sister instead. It hurt immensely, and she hated herself for being such a selfish girl.

"Why can't I just accept the relationship graciously?" Chaekyung asked herself. "I'm causing everyone hurt." she muttered. "Bomi and Soomi have cooled off quite a bit and I've heard them talking about unnie and L oppa. They're compatible."

"And then there's Yoomi." Chaekyung leaned against the wall. "Yoomi and Woohyun are in an awkward relationship right now because of me. The girls won't talk to the Infinite oppas and oppas defend unnie all the way. I'm causing hurt to the two people in love."

"And not to mention unnie and L oppa." Chaekyung sighed to herself and shook her head. "Unnie....I've noticed your eye bags. Just because I don't talk to you anymore, that doesn't mean I don't notice you. You've been crying unnie, like me."

Chaekyung sat down on her bed and stared at her fingers. She liked to talk to herself when she thought things through, it was a way for her to consider things out more analytically if she actually said it out.

"And L oppa keeps trying to get me to open up to her." Chaekyung murmured. "And...and L oppa loves unnie." her eyes filled with tears at the prospect. The hurt stabbing in her heart again and she blinked the tears away, trying to ignore her feelings.

"He loves her, even I can see that. And unnie cares a lot for him as well." she whispered. "So Lee Chaekyung, what are you doing right now? Why are you causing everyone misery?"

Chaekyung stared into space for a few moments before she jumped out of her bed. She looked determined, firm, a foreign look on her face. "I'll go tell unnie right this instant that I forgive her." she muttered, rushing out of the door. "I'll tell unnie that I love her."

Chaekyung rushed to Jaekyung's room and knocked on the door. "Unnie?" she asked timidly. "Unnie I have some things to say to you."

There wasn't a sound to be heard.

Chaekyung bit her lip. Was Jaekyung angry with her?

"Unnie, I just want to tell you that...that I forgive you." Chaekyung murmured. "I'm sorry for taking such a long time to get over this, but right now I just want to tell you that I love you and I want the old Jaekyung unnie back."

She stared at the ground. "I don't think I can give you and L oppa my sincere blessings yet, but I'm getting there. He loves you, and you love him. I was never in the picture." she said sadly. "But guys aren't as important as you, unnie. You're my family. I love you."

Chaekyung bowed her head, waiting for Jaekyung to open the door.

She didn't.

Chaekyung her lips and knocked the door. "Unnie? Unnie are you in there?" she knocked again. She frowned and scratched her head. "Unnie, I'm coming in."

Chaekyung turned the knob and opened the door. She blinked at the empty room. "Oh." she scratched her head. "Where is unnie?"

She ran down to the first floor and looked in the kitchen and dining room, but Jaekyung wasn't around. Chaekyung found a note on the table and blinked.

Chae,

I'm just going out for a fifteen minute walk. I'll be home for lunch.

Love, Jaekyung.

"Lunch." Chaekyung murmured, her eyes wide. She had been mulling so much that she forgot about eating, and now she realized how hungry she was. She glanced at the clock and dropped the note.

It was 4:30pm.

Jaekyung hadn't returned.

"Oh my god. Oh my god." Chaekyung gasped, tears b in her eyes rapidly. She ran up to her room and nearly tripped on the stairs in the process, her heart thudding madly in her chest. "Phone. Phone. Lee Chaekyung where did you put your phone!!!"

Chaekyung called Jaekyung's cell and she didn't pick up, not matter how many times she tried.

"L oppa..." Chaekyung's finger trembled as she pressed for L's number. "L oppa...L oppa you've got to pick up."

 

 

 

"Myungsoo, you're looking more handsome than ever." Uncle Kim grinned at Myungsoo. "How are you doing these days? How was my resort, the other time you visited with your friends."

"It was awesome, uncle." L grinned. "Thank you for reserving such an awesome block for us. My friends had a lot of fun."

"I heard you went there with your girlfriend, Myungsoo." Uncle Kim grinned. "Why didn't you bring her today?"

"We just started dating like..a week ago." L laughed. "I do love her, but that's too fast, uncle."

"A week? But you went to my resort months ago..." Uncle Kim looked puzzled.

"Oh oppa, you're so slow on things!" Aunt Kim cut in. "The girl Myungsoo had been dating then wasn't the one for him, the girl he's dating now is. He even brought her to my cafe the other time. Come on, Myungsoo, show your aunt a picture of her!"

L chuckled and nodded obediently, digging for his phone. Before he even unlocked his screen, a call came in. L blinked, seeing Chaekyung's name.

"Oh the girlfriend is calling already?" Uncle Kim teased.

L laughed and shook his head, excusing himself. He went to the side and picked up the call. "Chaekyung?" he answered hesitantly, surprised that she would call. "Is something the matter?"

"L oppa.." she was crying. "L-L oppa I'm scared."

L immediately knew something was wrong.

"Chaekyung, take deep breaths." L frowned. "Tell me what's wrong."

"Unnie..."

L stiffened. "What about her?" he asked urgently.

"I was in my room the whole morning, I didn't take notice about the time." Chaekyung hiccupped. "And then when I came out of my room it was already 4:30pm and I couldn't find her, and I only found this note by unnie. It said she was going out for a walk for fifteen minutes and she'll be back for lunch."

"L oppa, I'm scared something happened to her. Unnie will never leave me alone like this without lunch because she knows I can't cook. And she's been out for so long. L oppa, I don't know what to do."

L paled visibly and stumbled slightly. "I'll be there in ten, Chaekyung. Wait for me, don't go anywhere."

And L ran.

 

 

 

", where's she?" Hoya cursed as he arrived in front of the Lee house with the rest of Infinite. "L, you're positive she's missing?"

"Yes." L looked extremely pale. "I called her phone a dozen times, she isn't picking up. I'm not intending to call her anymore in case her phone runs out of battery. I'm downloading a GPS software to track where she is now."

"L, relax." Sunggyu advised. "You look like you're about to faint."

"I am." L gritted. "I can't imagine if something happens to her..." he faltered, looking completely lost.

Chaekyung let out a sob at the prospect and Sungjong hugged her. "She's going to be okay." Woohyun said firmly, taking charge. "We're going to download this software and we're going to find her. Maybe she just went into the bookstore and forgot to come out. You know Jaekyung, she loves books, right?" he tried to joke.

L couldn't smile.

There were a million possibilities running through his mind at that instant and every one would make him lose every focus in his life. He couldn't lose her, no matter in what way. He couldn't allow anything to happen to her, he didn't think he would be able to survive.

He wanted to stay positive.

But there was just this sixth sense of his that oddly failed him all the times, this sixth sense felt oddly accurate this time.

He just had that feeling that something had happened.

And that something was bad. Very bad indeed.