The Intimacy Talk

The Dull One

"I had a good time today oppa, thank you." Chaekyung beamed.

L nodded as he dropped her off at her house. He smiled. "Sorry if I'm not too good at this boyfriend thing. I'm still learning." he scratched his head.

"It's okay oppa. We can learn together." Chaekyung smiled. "See you on Monday!"

She bounced into the house. L watched her go in, his eyes trailing to the window and trying to peek in. The curtains were closed, and even on the second floor windows nothing could be seen.

L shrugged and drove off. *Guess Lee Jaekyung might not be home then.^

L reached the mall early and he walked around, trying to find something to fill his time. The Infinite boys had arranged to meet at 9pm that night at the pub for a drink and since he was early, he had time to waste.

He looked around at the boundless boutiques and rubbed his temples. The girls had gone shopping that afternoon and the guys waited while they tried what felt like EVERY SINGLE PIECE of clothes.

When L asked Woohyun how he was supposed to feel happy when he waited for his girlfriend to try the clothes, Woohyun just told him to appreciate that his girl was trying to be pretty for him.

WHUT....

L didn't think he would ever get used to this dating business. He saw when Yoomi appeared from the changing room every single time, Woohyun's eyes would light up and he smiled brightly back at her.

Damn it to hell. How the hell was he supposed to have such an expression when he felt bored as hell? Hell.

Looking at the many boutiques around renewed the bored feelings of the whole afternoon and L grimaced. L shuddered and he looked around for any other place to go.

Instead his eyes settled on one special cafe-bookstore. It had a bookstore with a cafe incorporated inside, where people could read and drink latte at the same time.

L strode in without thinking, knowing this was the place he was supposed to be. He took a deep breath once he got in, the tensed muscles on his shoulders instantly relaxing.

The scent of coffee beans mixed with papery books was just the right addicting mix. L smiled as he strolled around the shelves.

He picked a random book and went to find a place at the cafe to sit. As his eyes travelled around the tables, a girl at the corner caught his eye. No on else would have noticed her from the way she positioned herself. Even the table she chose was easily missed.

L's lips curled up into a smile. *So she's here.*

He walked over and towered above her. "Hi. May I have this seat?" he purposely lowered his voice.

"Hmm yeah." Jaekyung murmured distractedly, not even bothering to look up. L laughed silently and sat down, watching her. He read her book title and grinned.

"Didn't think you were the type to read chick-lit, Lee Jaekyung." he commented.

Jaekyung's head snapped up in surprise and her eyes rounded. "Kim Myungsoo!" she exclaimed.

"Shh!" L whispered as some people looked their way. "Public nuisance, aren't you?" he grinned.

"Heh." Jaekyung made a face as she sipped her caramel macchiato. L gestured for the waiter and ordered a same drink.

"What are you doing here? Didn't you go on a date with Chae?" Jaekyung raised her brows.

"It ended and I sent her home. Yes and I watched her go in too, Halmeoni." he said before she could ask. "So, any punishable crimes I made?" he teased.

"Not yet." Jaekyung clicked her tongue. "I'll be watching." she warned.

L shook his head in amusement. His drink arrived and he took a long sip. He eyed the cover of Jaekyung's book and raised his brows. "So, chick-lit?"

Jaekyung looked offended as she hugged her book. "Excuse me but Pride and Prejudice isn't a chick-lit." she huffed.

"Well its about Mr Darcy and Elizabeth, romance and all, just that it was written early and set in the regency period." L pointed out. "It's olden chick-lit."

Jaekyung made a face to tell him she didn't approve of his view and L smiled, knowing just how much he pissed her off and loving every minute of it.

"So," L leaned back on his chair to look at her. "This is how you usually spend your Saturday nights? At a cafe with a book?"

Jaekyung nodded, sipping her macchiato. "This is the life of a single lady." she grinned. "Guess you wouldn't know huh?"

"Hey!" L pouted. "Don't make me sound like some flirty guy or something. Chaekyung's my first girlfriend you know."

"Really?" Jaekyung's eyes rounded. "I didn't think-"

"Heh I know. You should start thinking. You know? Of me." he grinned. Jaekyung rolled her eyes and L chuckled softly.

"So why not?" he asked after a while.

"Hmm? Why what?" Jaekyung asked, her eyes reading line after line of her book.

"Why don't you have a boyfriend?" L asked. "Don't you want to? Wallflower or not, I'm sure you'll be able to find a guy." he told her.

Jaekyung laughed softly. "No. You don't understand people that much. No one, no one would want me." she shook her head.

"That's not true!" L blurted. When Jaekyung raised her brows, he promptly shut up since any more it would seem a little scandalous.

"Anyway," Jaekyung ignored his outburst. "I wouldn't want a boyfriend even if there were people after me." she shrugged.

"Why not?" L asked in surprise. "Don't all girls dream of their prince charming and happy endings?"

"Once." Jaekyung admitted. "And then I realize all that is stupid isn't it? Because in reality fairy tales don't happen. Because it is so so rare to find someone who loves you not only because of your exterior. Someone who loves you for you, that's so difficult to find you know?"

L frowned. "You sound like you...had some experience or something."

Jaekyung laughed uneasily. "Nah. It's just you know, books." she muttered. "Whatever the case don't let my pessimistic talk affect you and just create a fairytale for Chaekyung alright?"

"Hm." L muttered, not really listening. He watched her curiously, analyzing, thinking.

A girl that didn't believe in love. That was a first.







" !" L cursed as he ran towards the pub. "I'm sooooooo-"

"Late, dude." Hoya raised his brows. L rushed to where his friends were and panted when he arrived. "Hey." he heaved.

"Dude it's ten." Sunggyu reminded. "We were supposed to meet at nine. And your phone wasn't responding."

"Low batt." L ordered a drink and sat down as he caught his breath. "Sorry I lost track of time while talking to Lee Jaekyung."

"Lee Jaekyung?" Dongwoo questioned. "I thought you and Chaekyung went out on a date with Woohyun and Yoomi today."

"Yeah we did. But I sent her home and went to the bookstore to wait for 9pm to arrive and I saw Lee Jaekyung." L shrugged. "So we talked."

"Had a good talk huh." Woohyun sauntered over. "Now we're going to have a talk with you."

L groaned and raked his fingers through his hair. "Not this."

"Yes this." Sunggyu nodded. "We were listening to Woohyun here saying how you weren't making an effort with Chaekyung."

"Hyung, just because I don't kiss and hug her doesn't mean I'm not a good boyfriend." L sighed, exasperated. "We just started, I don't want to rush."

"From what I see, you're in no rush at all." Sungyeol muttered. "L are you having problems with Chaekyung?"

L looked at his friends who were looking at him earnestly and expectantly and he let out another sigh without meaning to.

"Hyung, you can tell us." Sungjong urged.

L looked at them and they nodded.

"Well I just..." L struggled. "I'm not sure."

"What! You don't even know what's wrong?" Dongwoo blurted.

"No no." L shook his head. "The problem is that I'm not sure. I'm not sure about this relationship. I'm not sure about her. I'm not sure about everything!" he growled softly. "I hate not knowing, but I just can't. It feels strange being with her you know?"

"Strange can be a good thing you know." Woohyun advised. "Because I recall feeling really strange before I realized that I fell for Yoomi. There are two types of lovers. One, the type who gets comfortable with one another from the beginning, like soulmates."

"Which you and her obviously aren't." Hoya muttered.

"Second," Woohyun continued. "Are the types of couples who spend a long time being awkward with each other because they care too much about one another hence everything they do, they think a lot before they act. That makes it forced."

"So you're saying I'm secretly crazily in love with Chaekyung that's why I'm uneasy with her?" L asked, confused.

"Maybe." Woohyun shrugged. "I'm no love expert despite contrary belief. I've only fallen in love once."

"What he's saying is that you and Chaekyung might belong to the second type." Sunggyu offered. "And you shouldn't doubt it too early. Your feelings will sort out some how."

"Maybe." L sighed heavily.

"In the mean time, about intimacy..." Sungyeol trailed off.

"Holding hands, giving hugs and pecks are really okay, L." Hoya told him. "It's not like you're really taking advantage of her. Be a little initiative as a guy."

"But it just doesn't feel right!" L protested.

"Yet." Sungjong popped up. "Maybe you just haven't gotten used to it yet, L hyung."

"Just try your best, L. You'll find happiness." Woohyun advised.

*Will I?* L wondered.