Revelations

The Dull One

"Oh man that guy is going to be dead." Sunggyu clenched his fists angrily and pounded on the table top.

The Infinite boys had arrived early at school and called Woohyun to reach earlier as well, so that they could tell about what they had witnessed the previous evening.

The Infinite boys sat at one of the spare tables around the school, and there weren't even a lot of students there yet because they were so early.

Woohyun, who had darted off to find Yoomi the previous evening hence missing on Infinite's spying trip, raised his brows questioningly at Sunggyu, not understanding what the fury was about. "Explain, anyone?"

Sungyeol just let out a large large sigh and propped his chin up with his elbows.

"Yesterday we were you know, spying on L and Chaekyung." Hoya murmured. "It was after cheerleading practice and we saw L looking for Chaekyung, and L was supposed to drive her home."

Sungyeol let out another hugggge sigh.

"So?" Woohyun frowned. "That's sweet isn't it? Why the drama, especially from the giraffe?" he pointed at Sungyeol.

"Wait and listen." Dongwoo took over. "Anyway, we were thinking about how Chaekyung was the one who initiated skinship, of holding onto his arm and everything, but then when they were about to drive out of the gates, L stopped the car."

"He wounded down his window and actually called out to this other girl that was walking home, while his girlfriend was in his car!" Sungjong exclaimed.

"Girl?" Woohyun asked in alarm. "Who?"

"Lee Jaekyung." the other four chorused together.

"Lee Jaekyung?" Woohyun yelped.

"Lee Jaekyung?" a voice behind them inquired.

The Infinite boys whirled around and saw L raising his brows at them questioningly. "Hey why are you guys so early today?" he asked curiously. "And why were you shouting Lee Jaekyung's name?"

Sungyeol huffed. "Why are YOU do early today then?"

L shrugged. "The article has to be submitted today for printing. I'm meeting Lee Jaekyung for a bit to settle the final adjustments." he murmured.

"Aha!" Sunggyu pointed a finger at him. "Lee Jaejyung again! What about Chaekyung huh? Don't you think about your girlfriend?"

L scratched his head, puzzled. "Wait. What has Chaekyung got to do with this?" he asked, confused.

"Because you aren't treating her well enough and we're unhappy for her!" Sungjong blurted. "L hyung, we are so disappointed in you! We thought you could handle a girlfriend but apparently not!"

L took several steps back and raised his hands up in defense. "Okay I am thoroughly confused. Can any of you please pleeeease explain what all this is about?" he grumbled.

"I admit I don't make a marvelous boyfriend and I have to keep reminding myself to do better, but hey," L defended. "I did send Chaekyung home yesterday you know!"

"Yeah her and another girl!" Dongwoo muttered loudly.

L's eyes rounded and he blinked at his hyungs. He looked at their accusing stares and felt faint. .

"Oh gosh." L closed his eyes momentarily. "You guys saw?"

"Hell yeah we saw!" Hoya nodded furiously. "We saw you drive Lee Jaekyung home! We saw her get into your car! And especially when Chaekyung's in the car as well!" he accused.

"L," Sungyeol sighed dramatically. "I'm really doubtful if you're ready for a relationship."

"Me too." L muttered. "But you guys got it all wrong! Chaekyung wasn't mad that I picked Lee Jaekyung up, and it's the perfectly right thing to do!" he protested.

"And why is that?" Woohyun asked, frowning.

L took a huge breath. *Lee Jaekyung please don't cut off my head for telling off your secret! If you see the members right now you'll find that I'm in a life and death situation here!*

L looked around to see if there were anybody else listening and he leaned in towards the boys. They leaned in too, unconsciously keen with interest.

"Promise you guys CANNOT let anyone else know about what I'm about to tell you okay?" L warned dangerously. "Lee Jaekyung will have my head."

"Just spit it, I'm gonna have migraines from anticipating." Sungyeol bounced in his seat.

L sighed and raked his fingers through his hair. "Well uh...You guys may not believe it but....Lee Jaekyung is Lee Chaekyung's older sister." he whispered.

They stared at him, deathly quiet with eyes large and round.

"Wait I think I didn't catch that just right." Dongwoo dug his ears. "Can you repeat?"

"I said, Lee Jaekyung is Chaekyung's elder sister." L mumbled. "Of course I have to send the elder sister home if I'm sending the younger one right? They're living in the same house for heaven sake!"

The boys looked at L and frowned, shaking their heads. "L, that's one of the lousiest lies I've ever heard." Sunggyu clicked his tongue. "You may think its clever of you since Chaekyung and Jaekyung's names are similar, but it's bull and you and I know it. Why can't you just tell us the truth?"

"It's the truth!" L shrieked.

"No seriously what's up with you and Jaekyung?" Woohyun asked curiously. "Please, no lies this time."

L huffed. "Well if you don't believe me, you can ask her yourself!"







"I seriously don't see how she's Chaekyung's sister." Sungjong murmured. "Are you sure there's even a need to ask her?"

L made a face at them and sighed. "To prove my innocence, we'll have to do it."

He gestured for his friends to wait for him by the side as he waited for most of the crowd to clear after school before making a move to talk to her.

When the coast was clear, he quickly grabbed onto Jaekyung's hand and dragged her with him to where the rest of the Infinite members were hiding behind the pillar.

"Yah Kim Myungsoo!" Jaekyung gasped, stumbling after him and not able to pry her hands from his strong grip.

"Shh!" L turned her head to look at the other boys and her eyes widened, blinking confusedly. "What-" she faltered.

Her eyes suddenly glowered and her jaw clenched, her fists wounded up tightly. "Oh."

L bit his lip. "I'm sorry." he blurted before she could say anything. "I didn't mean to tell them since I know you were trying to keep it a secret! But trust me they won't tell anyone."

Jaekyung closed her eyes. "Of course they won't." she muttered. "So what do you want to do to me? Kick and hit me? Insult and criticize me? I'm telling you it won't hurt when that's what you're going through every single day."

L faltered and the Infinite boys looked stumped. "Hey." L nudged her. "What are you talking about? We aren't going to hit you or insult you or anything." he clarified.

Jaekyung stared at the ground. "Well didn't you drag me here to bully me or something? I figured one day the jjangs of the school would notice a wallflower like me and inflict abuse on me."

"Excuse me but we are not like that." Sunggyu clarified. "We're just the jjangs because people like us but we don't fight. Hitting a girl? That's low."

"Oh." Jaekyung turned red. Seemed like she judged them a little too quickly.

"What made you think we were going to do that?" Hoya asked, curious.

Jaekyung fiddled with her shirt. *Because when I'm walking on the road, even people from other schools pick on me. Because I always thought you guys were the same as them.*

L watched her, frowning. This obviously meant some sort of suffering on her side for her to have misunderstood their intentions.

"It's well, nothing." Jaekyung cleared . She turned to look at L accusingly. "So why did you drag me here?"

"Well uh," L rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "To clear my name. They wanted to know if you were really Chaekyung's sister."

Jaekyung rolled her eyes. "Of course I am-" she faltered, smacking shut. "Nothing. You heard wrong." she convinced.

The boys looked at each other in wonder. "You're really Chaekyung's sister?" Sungyeol gaped. "But you two don't look alike at all!"

Dongwoo elbowed him for his lack of tact but Jaekyung just shook her head. "It's okay." she shrugged. "I know we look different. And I choose to stay this way." she murmured.

"Just, don't tell anyone I'm her sister, please." Jaekyung pleaded. "I have my reasons for being who I am and hiding my identity so please respect my decisions."

The Infinite boys nodded. "Fine." Sunggyu shrugged. "Can't say we understand but well. It's your choice."

"So uh Jaekyung, are those rumors about you true?" Sungjong squeaked.

Jaekyung raised her brows at him, not knowing what he was talking about.

"Well you know," Sungjong shifted uncomfortably, unconsciously darting closer to Woohyun beside him. "You cutting your wrist, you being a e and everything-"

Before he even got to finish Jaekyung choked on her saliva and started coughing hard. "What?" she rasped, pounding her own chest in shock.

"I'm assuming it's true then?" L grinned at her reaction.

Jaekyung shot him a glare and he raised his hands up in defense. "Fine fine we all know those aren't true."

Jaekyung nodded and huffed. "I don't know why people bother spreading rumors about me. Why can't they let me stay a wallflower?" she muttered.

She frowned and her head snapped towards L. "And now another six people know I'm Chaekyung's sister. Kim Myungsoo you better have a good explanation for this." she warned.

"Uh..." L bit his lip.

"We saw him picking you up yesterday after he picked up Chaekyung." Dongwoo explained. "So we asked him about it. He said you were her sister that's why."

"Well yeah." Jaekyung murmured. She crossed her arms. "Why didn't you make sure to see no one was around when you stopped the car?" she frowned.

"Excuse me but you were the one who had the choice to take my car or not. You took it!" L refuted back. "It's your responsibility!"

"But you spilled the beans!" Jaekyung pointed out.

"I'm defending myself okay!" L told her. "They were suggesting that I was a bad boyfriend and I had something to prove. You're not taking my car this afternoon." he huffed.

"Fine! I never said I was anyway!" Jaekyung made a face.

The Infinite boys looked at each other in wonder. "Wow. I never knew Lee Jaekyung was feisty like this." Hoya whispered.

"Me neither." Woohyun muttered. "Perhaps there's more to this wallflower image she has created for herself."