The Lee Sisters

The Dull One

"Chaekyung, wake up." Mrs Lee shook her younger daughter.

Chaekyung stirred and she rubbed her eyes tiredly. "Morning is here so fast?" she asked grumpily.

Mrs Lee laughed and pulled her out of bed. "Wake up, Chaekyung. Breakfast is ready and I made pancakes. Your father is already downstairs."

"Arraso umma." Chaekyung stumbled out of bed and dragged her feet to the bathroom she and her sister shared.

Mrs Lee stared at her younger daughter and smiled softly. She loved this daughter. She loved it when her younger daughter was cheerful and chirpy, and she hoped the smile would never leave her face.

Mrs Lee walked over to the next room, much smaller, with a much lousier view compared to Chaekyung's because the window was blocked by the next door building. Mrs Lee softened when her eyes finally found her princess that occupied this room.

Jaekyung had fallen asleep at her desk as usual. Mrs Lee vaguely wondered why in the world Jaekyung needed a bed when she always fell asleep at her desk, she hardly used her bed.

Mrs Lee walked over slowly and chuckled softly, brushing Jaekyung's soft brown curls. It wasn't often that Jaekyung let her hair down from the messy bun she usually donned, but her hair was actually rather pretty like her younger sister's.

Mrs Lee's eyes trailed over to the papers on her daughter's desk. Essays and books and pieces of information covered her desk like usual but other than the desk, Jaekyung's room was impeccably neat.

"Jaekyung." Mrs Lee shook her daughter gently. "Wake up. Why did you fall asleep at the desk again?" she chided softly.

Jaekyung's eyes fluttered opened and she yawned softly. She lifted her head and her dark rimmed glasses fell of her face onto the desk top.

Jaekyung squinted at her mother. "Umma. What time is it?" she asked groggily.

"Seven. Go wash up and go down for breakfast." she urged. She smiled at Jaekyung, marveling at how beautiful her older daughter was. *My genes definitely.* she thought playfully.

And then Jaekyung reached for her glasses and pushed it to her face. Mrs Lee's face fell and she sighed, wondering why she always hoped for something different even when she knew Jaekyung would never part with that piece of plastic.

"You should have woken me up so I can help you with breakfast umma." Jaekyung murmured. Mrs Lee patted her elder daughter's head and pushed her out of the door. "And you should have slept on the bed." she mused.

Jaekyung smiled and went off to the bathroom.

Mrs Lee looked at her daughter as she went and couldn't help but close her eyes momentarily as the feelings engulfed her.

She loved her daughters so so much. Just so much.

 

 

 

"Bye umma! Bye Appa!" Chaekyung and Jaekyung waved as they went out of the door.

"Bye girls!" Mr Lee shouted back.

Both sisters walked to the bus stop together with smiles on their faces. Chaekyung let out a loud yawn. "Ugh I'm so tired." Jaekyung blinked in concern. "Waeyo Chaekyung?" she asked. "Are you feeling unwell?" she felt her sister's forehead.

Chaekyung shook her head. "Nah. I was chatting online with Yoomi, Bomi and Soomi last night till it was late. I didn't notice the time." she giggled sheepishly.

"Aigoo." Jaekyung knocked her younger sister's head. "Take care of your health Chaekyung. You don't want to fall ill and make sure you drink lots of water and have adequate rest-"
 
"Unnie." Chaekyung mused. "You're nagging again."

Jaekyung huffed. "Arraso. Just take care of yourself okay?" she smiled at her sister. "I don't want anything to happen to you."

"I know." Chaekyung smiled.

The bus arrived and both sisters boarded the bus. Immediately, other high school guys, and even college guys began turning heads as Chaekyung boarded.

Chaekyung puffed her cheeks unconsciously and pouted as she waited for the machine to give her her ticket slip and the guys on board nearly cooed out loud.

"That girl is so adorable!" one guy elbowed his friend. "Oh man why don't we have any girl in our school of that standard?"

Chaekyung took her ticket and walked in to find a seat. Jaekyung followed suit and saw that no seats were available except for one.

"Chae, sit there." Jaekyung pointed. "I'll stand."

Chaekyung nodded and plopped herself next to an Ahjumma while Jaekyung was left to stand beside her younger sister. The guys on board were still drooling at Chaekyung but she wasn't aware, she was just so used to this attention that it don't matter anymore.

"Hey I think I heard of her before." one guy whispered. "She's called Lee Chaekyung from Woollim High. Even people from other school has heard of her. She's really popular."

"Yeah?" One guy asked. "I think I'll ask for her number."

He sauntered over to Chaekyung and Jaekyung had to back away to make space for him. He didn't even notice her.

"Hi." he flashed a charming smile at Chaekyung. "I'm Kim Seyong. You're Lee Chaekyung right? I've heard of you, you're really popular."

Chaekyung looked up in surprise and she glanced at her unnie. "Uhm okay?" she responded unsurely.

The guy Seyong didn't falter at her unenthusiastic response. "You're really cute and beautiful you know. Words don't do you justice." he praised.

Chaekyung's face reddened and she cleared . "Uh thanks."

The bus swayed and Seyong accidentally knocked into Jaekyung but he didn't even glance her way. Jaekyung held onto the handles and poles, fading into the background like she usually did.

"I was wondering if you'd give me the honor of getting to know you better?" Seyong asked, smiling. Jaekyung looked at him and nodded slightly. He was pretty good looking.

But she hoped Chaekyung wouldn't give him her number or anything of the likes because no guy was good enough for her sister.

"Can you give me your number, Chaekyung sshi?" Seyong smiled. Chaekyung shifted uncomfortably. "Uhm..." she bit her lip. "I'm sorry. I'm not interested."
 
Seyong's face fell. "Oh uh. It's okay." he nodded. He waddled back to his friends who patted him on his back.

"Did you even think she'd be interested in you?" one of his friends snorted. "She has Infinite in her school and she's not dating any of them. What makes you think she's be interested in you?"
 
"Oh right Infinite!" Seyong mentally smacked himself. "Remind me why did I try in the first place?"
 
Jaekyung giggled lightly and nodded at Chaekyung. "Good job." she mouthed.
 
Chaekyung laughed and shook her head. She knew her older sister was overprotective of her and sometimes it got a little irritating, but she knew it was just because Jaekyung loved her.
 
"He doesn't give me the oomphf!" Chaekyung told Jaekyung. "You know, the first moment when you see the guy and you get that oomphf feeling? That's when you know he's the right one." she grinned.
 
Jaekyung shook her head in amusement. "You don't only fall in love from first sight you know? Love can gradually grow through time as well."
 
Chaekyung shrugged. "Perhaps." she tapped her chin. "None of the guys give me da fweel you know." she grinned. She looked at her sister and tugged on Jaekyung's large tee and loose pants. "If you just change your look, you can attract guys too unnie."

"Not this again." Jaekyung sighed. "You should know that I don't like attention and-"
 
"-prefer life as a wallflower." Chaekyung finished, hearing this for the nth time. "I know. But isn't it dull? Don't you want guys to court you and give you flowers, ask you on dates? I don't think I can ever understand you unnie. You're prettier than I am if you just wear the right clothes and remove that darn glasses."
 
Jaekyung just smiled. "I'm fine with dull. I'll be the dull one out of us." she shrugged.
 
Chaekyung laughed. "Yep. I can never understand you." she nodded.
 
The bus stopped outside their school and both sisters got down the bus. Jaekyung immediately distanced herself from Chaekyung and waved a small goodbye.
 
Chaekyung smiled before she for swept up by the masses of people that practically swallowed her up. Jaekyung hugged her books as she followed the crowd in, no one bothering to talk to her, no one even noticing her around when Chaekyung was there.
 
No one knew Chaekyung and her relationship besides of Chaekyung's best friends Yoomi, Bomi and Soomi. They were sworn to secrecy about the matter too.
 
Chaekyung wanted to tell others that she had an elder sister but Jaekyung couldn't allow anything of the likes. A sister of Lee Chaekyung can never be a wallflower no matter how she tried to fade away, and Jaekyung wanted nothing more than to be forgotten no matter how ridiculous that sounded.
 
Jaekyung struggled to balance as the crowd pushed around her, a common happening at Woollim high in a typical morning.
 
All of a sudden, a series of shrieks and squeals were added on top of the pushing. And that was when Jaekyung knew that a certain six handsome guys had arrived. 

"Infinite oppas! Good morning!!" the girls squealed. "Sunggyu oppa you look really handsome today!"
 
Sunggyu chuckled and nodded politely.
 
"Sungyeol oppa you're so tall and handsome kyaaaaahhh!!"
 
Sungyeol smiled and pinked.
 
If Chaekyung was that well known in Woollim High, the Infinite boys were her male versions. They were extremely good looking and girls were flocking to them just like how boys flocked to Chaekyung.
 
Many students wished for an Infinite-Chaekyung pairing but Chaekyung wasn't interested. Woohyun was the only guy out of the Infinite boys to have courted Chaekyung before, but he ended up falling for Chaekyung's best friend Yoomi.
 
Perhaps it was because Chaekyung saw how the player Woohyun had changed his ways for her best friend, that was why she yearned for a love as dramatic as that.
 
Jaekyung could never understand. But then again she never thought about love nowadays.
 
Jaekyung knew the Infinite boys were good looking, who could deny that? But she wasn't taken to them because to her looks weren't everything. She needed a deeper reason to be attracted to a guy as she wasn't about to fall for any guy just because he looked hot.
 
The Infinite boys walked past her without acknowledging her presence even though she was in the same class as her.
 
Sungjong knocked into her and her books fell on the ground. He immediately bent down to help her pick them up and offered a polite smile. "Sorry Haeyeon." he nodded and followed after his hyungs.
 
Jaekyung sighed and hugged her books tighter. "It's Jaekyung." she muttered.
 
And so another day as the dull one began.

 

 

 

Hey guys those who missed it, check out the trailer!! :DD Thank you my dear Beautifulove for another amazing trailer KYAAAH!