Double Date

The Dull One

"Let's go on a date later, Jaekyung."

L scowled at his pencil case, gripping his pen tightly in his hands. He took a deep breath to calm himself, knowing that Jaekyung could handle this. Sungjong glanced at L and chuckled softly, nudging Sunggyu. Sunggyu looked over at L and chuckled too, shaking his head.

"Whipped." Sunggyu whispered.

Jaekyung on the other hand, tried not to look too terrified that Junki asked to spend time with her alone. The prospect of that alone was horrifying.

Jaekyung fought the automatic grimace and forced a smile. "I'm sorry Junki, but I have the Newsletter Meeting later." she mumbled.

"Aww why?" Junki frowned. "We just got together today, Jaekyung. We should go out. Give your stupid meeting a miss." he pushed his chair nearer to hers and Jaekyung subtly moved away.

L turned at this point and narrowed his eyes at Junki. "She can't. We have important things to discuss today. You date can wait."

Junki frowned, wondering why this guy was so keen to interupt his moments with Jaekyung all the time. "She can make an exception for me, can't you, baby?" he smiled sweetly at Jaekyung.

Jaekyung stared at the table. "I'm sorry Junki, but Myungsoo's right. The meeting later is really important." she bit her lip. "How about next time?" L grinned and made an invisible fist pump in the air, whooping internally in delight.

"But..." Junki glanced at L and scowled, not liking how Jaekyung sided L to him. "How about Saturday then? I'll pick you up at nine in the morning at your house and we can have the whole day together. Just you and me." he took her hand and squeezed it.

L's own hand twitched and he growled inwardly. *Hours of you and her alone? No way, you'll eat her alive.*

L plastered the friendliest smile he could muster on his face, and grinned at Junki. "How about a double date?" he asked amiably. "You, Chaekyung, Jaekyung and I." he suggested. "It'll be fun. Double date with the sisters."

Jaekyung brightened, not exactly liking the idea but it sounded so much better than spending time with Junki alone. Junki looked at Jaekyung. "You're okay with it, babe?"

"Yeah." Jaekyung nodded.

"Fine, then we'll pick you girls up at nine on Saturday." Junki winked at Jaekyung. He smiled to himself, happy with L's suggestion. Not one, but two pretty Lee sisters for company! My word, what a pleasure.

L mused to himself how Junki fell for it that easily. He was going to be like a freaking eagle if he had to, and it would take a meteor to tear his eyes away from them two. He wasn't going to let Junki have any chance of doing anything inappropriate.

He glanced at Jaekyung who had looked at his direction at the same time. She pinked and turned away, clearing .

L watched the redness spread on her cheeks and grinned to himself. *You may be Junki's girlfriend now, Jaekyung, but you still react to me.*

-----

"We're going on a date?" Chaekyung brightened, almost squealing. "Waah L oppa! This is wonderful!"

L had gone to look for Chaekyung to notify her about the date after school while Jaekyung had darted off to the meeting room first. He felt a little bad for asking Chaekyung to do this, but there wasn't any way he could tag along with Jaekyung and Junki without looking suspicious.

But as he looked at how Chaekyung had practically lit up when he told her about it, he couldn't help but feel even more guilty than he already was.

She was genuinely happy about being with him, would that make him extremely evil to be using her in this way like this?

L rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Uh yeah." he muttered. "We'll be going on a double date with Jaekyung and Kim Junki." *That bastard.* he added inwardly.

"Oh really?" Chaekyung dimmed a little. "I thought it was only the two of us but...it's good enough." she smiled. "I'm glad to spend time with you, L oppa. And we can be with unnie, that's great!" she beamed.

L nodded, glad she didn't mind. "Yeah, and we can keep our eyes on that bastara Junki at the same time." he muttered under his breath.

Chaekyung caught what he said and snapped her gaze towards him in confusion. L didn't notice and he muttered a fast goodbye before jogging off to the meeting room to meet Jaekyung.

Chaekyung watched him go and gripped her skirt sadly. "L oppa, did you ask me on a date because you want to, or is it because of Jaekyung unnie?" she whispered.

 

 

 

Jaekyung took a deep breath as she looked at herself in the mirror.

Wow. Okay, wow. She was going on a date. With the *&fdso*fswe*r@#* Kim Junki nevertheless, but at least L was going.

Jaekyung realized what she thought about and knocked her own head, frowning. "Lee Jaekyung, you aren't supposed to think that way remember?" she scolded herself. "Your boyfriend is Junki-" she cringed. "-and even though you don't really like him, you can't have those sort of thoughts about Myungsoo. No no no."

She wagged her finger at the reflection of herself in the mirror. "Myungsoo is just...a friend. Yeah, he's just your sister's boyfriend whom...you are in love with and you can't stop thinking of and who makes your heart thud in this mad way that makes you breathless and-" Jaekyung stopped herself and knocked herself on the head again.

"Babo!" she whispered. "Brain, think good thoughts. Good thoughts."

She checked herself in the mirror and smoothed out her shirt. She didn't want to steal Chaekyung's limelight that day so she chose a pair of beige high waist buttoned down shorts with a simple flowy white tee instead of a skirt.

She didn't put on any accessories since she didn't bother about things like that, and she matched it with a tiny brown sling bag. She smiled at herself, liking how she looked. Being cooped up in her old glasses and messy hair for so long was rather suffocating.

"Unnie! L oppa and Junki sunbae are here!"

Jaekyung brightened at L's name and she unconsciously smiled, grabbing her bag. "Coming!" she called, rushing downstairs.

Downstairs, two guys waited anxiously for their girlfriends to appear. Or rather, one waited for his girlfriend while the other waited for....someone else's girlfriend.

Chaekyung appeared first, wearing a cute dainty pink sun dress and even paired it up with a straw hat, looking cute and delectable at the same time. Junki let his eyes run down the entire length of Chaekyung's body, smirking. "Wow, L. You've got a babe for a girlfriend."

L smiled at Chaekyung in a brotherly way. "You look nice." he nodded, not really taking it in as he glanced at the doorway again.

Chaekyung blushed pink and sidled to his side. "Thanks L oppa." she bit her lip to contain her smile.

Jaekyung rushed out of the door at that instant, her hair in a slight mess. L brightened, smiling at her brightly. He took her attire in, liking what he saw. She looked cute, no matter what she wore.

Junki grinned sleazily and took Jaekyung's hand. "You look good baby." he praised. "But I would have liked you in a skirt. Wear a skirt next time, why don't you?"

L frowned, shaking his head subtly at Jaekyung. She looked good no matter what she wore. She looked like a fairy to him no matter what she looked like anyway.

Jaekyung caught his intentions and looked at her feet, blushing faintly. "Let's go then." she ushered them.

Chaekyung smiled and hooked her hands through L's arm as they made their way to L's car. Chaekyung plopped herself in the front seat while Jaekyung and Junki took the back seats. L eyed the two from the mirror and narrowed his eyes at Junki.

That guy better not try anything funny.

-----

"Oh look at that!" Chaekyung giggled. "So cute!" she pointed at the mascot outside the amusement park and pulled L along. "Let's take a picture with it, L oppa!"

L let himself be dragged by her after glancing back and making sure his girl and Junki were following. Chaekyung snapped a gazillion pictures and even had a few with L.

Junki took out his phone and slung his arm around Jaekyung. "Let's take a selca, baby."

Jaekyung nodded awkwardly, standing stiffly beside him. Junki positioned the camera and stuck his cheeks next to hers. "Say cheese~"

L flinched, letting out a deep growl. That should have been him.

Chaekyung tugged on his arm and L looked away, taking a deep breath before smiling. "Yeah?" Chaekyung looked at him and back at Jaekyung. "You were staring, L oppa."

L's gaze darted around nervously. "Nah just...zoning out." he muttered quickly. "We should get the tickets now." he changed topics. Chaekyung nodded, glancing back at Jaekyung and back at her boyfriend.

The group of four moved off to the ticket counter where they joined the queue, chatting easily along the way. Chaekyung spotted another funny looking mascot bringing helium filled balloons for the kids and she squealed in delight. "Omo Doraemon! I always loved Doraemon! L oppa, let's go and take pictures with it!"

L's gaze darted to the queue. "You can go, Chaekyung. I'll buy the tickets."

Chaekyung bit her lip and looked at her sister. "Unnie?" she pleaded.

Jaekyung chuckled softly and shook her head. "You can have fun, Chae. You know I'm a little...scared of these mascots." she mumbled. L broke into a smile at her words, chuckling softly.

Junki frowned. "What's there to be scared of? Okay then Chaekyung I'll go with you to take pictures. Baby will you be okay here with L buying the tickets?" he asked Jaekyung worriedly.

Jaekyung glanced at L, her heart thudding in her chest. "Yeah." she squeaked.

"Be right back." Junki kissed her cheek and led Chaekyung away. L immediately reached out to wipe that spot Junki kissed the moment the latter turned away. "Disgusting bastard." L muttered.

Jaekyung pushed his hands away and looked over at Chaekyung and Junki. They hadn't looked over yet. "Myungsoo, they're just there. Please behave yourself." she hissed.

L sighed and poked her cheek. "Wouldn't be suffering so much if not for you, Lee Jaekyung." he murmured. "But you're worth every bit. I'll wait till the faithful day where you'll tell me you love me back." he grinned.

Jaekyung looked away, knowing her cheeks were flushed. L grinned, taking out his phone and turning on the camera. He glanced at Chaekyung and Junki, making sure they were well entertained by the mascot and kids and weren't looking in their direction.

L pulled Jaekyung to him and slung his arm around her waist, and positioned the camera in front of them. "Say cheese~"

"Myungs-" Jaekyung gasped in surprise as L clicked on the shutter as he pressed his lips against her cheek. The same spot where Junki had kissed her.

Jaekyung immediately looked at Junki and Chaekyung and was beyond relieved to see that the other two hadn't seen anything. She turned to frown at L but his dorky grinning face made it hard for her to be angry at him.

"Your expression needs some practice, Jaekyung." L mused at her shocked expression in the photo. "You better practice because I'll be doing this a lot to you when we're dating in the future." he tapped her nose.

When Jaekyung blushed, L smiled. He let his fingers trail to the spot where he kissed and he caressed her cheek lightly.

"There. The awesome Kim Myungsoo kiss has cleansed all remaints of germs from the Junki germ. Lee Jaekyung, you've just been saved from a life threatening disease." L grinned.

"Life threatening?" Jaekyung nearly burst out in laughter.

"Hm." L bumped shoulders with her. "My lips are the only ones that are allowed on you, no one else's is. Remember that."