L's birthday

The Dull One

To: Jaekyung

Lee Jaekyung, I'm booking you next Saturday night. You better not arrange anything, I'm warning you. *wags fingers.*

Love you.

From: Myungsoo

Jaekyung stared at the message, rereading it for the nth time and she sighed on her bed. "Eotteohke?" she whispered. "What should you do, Lee Jaekyung?"

She would have rejected him immediately any other day, but she knew better than to do so for that particular day. It was his birthday, L's birthday.

She loved him, would she bear to deny him on his birthday?

"Argh..." Jaekyung muttered into the pillow. "This is so hard!" she complained to herself. "Why why why...."

She stared at the ceiling, thinking through her options.

If she didn't go, she would feel guilty free towards Chaekyung and L would have a nice time with Chaekyung. And maybe he might even fall for her!

Not.

And if she went, she would feel guilty towards Chaekyung for the rest of her life because she knew better than to spend time with him on such an important and meaningful day. Because even if they laid down the rules and declared it beforehand that it meant nothing, it would.

It would mean everything to her.

But she was finding to saying no to L was increasingly difficult till it was on par to saying no to Chaekyung. It was impossible.

She knew everyone had limits and she was pushing L's by constantly denying him. On one hand, she really hoped he would give up quickly so this complicated would end, but on the other hand she really hoped he loved him enough to persevere.

Her phone vibrated, making her jerk up in shock.

She reached for it, not surprised to see L's message since she hadn't replied his first one since a few hours ago.

To: Jaekyung

Thinking too much, I see?

Lee Jaekyung, you're too much! *pouts* It's my birthday, are you trying to deny the soon-to-be birthday boy? Don't do this to me~~~ Fine if you're THAT worried, I promise no one will know about it alright? Okay, maybe Infinite has to know about it so they can cover for us.

I promise Chaekyung will have absolutely no idea about this okay?

I just want to spend the last few hours of my nineteenth birthday with the girl I love, please?

From: Myungsoo

Damn, when he phrased it in that way how could she deny him?

Jaekyung let out a small sigh and let her fingers fly across the keypad.

To: Myungsoo

Fine. I'll meet you on Saturday night.

You better bring me home by ten thirty because I'm going to tell Chaekyung that I'll be going to the cafe to read. And one more important thing:

We'll be going with a purely platonic relationship okay? No...funny business.

See you on Saturday.

From: Jaekyung

Jaekyung pressed send and sighed, letting a smile curl on her face. Perhaps she should just let herself enjoy this small piece of happiness huh? After all, she deserved it didn't she?

"So what should I get the birthday boy?" she tapped her chin, mumbling.

 

 

 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" The Infinite boys chorused.

L grinned at his friends and smiled happily, posing in front of the cake as Sungjong snapped a million photos. "Aww thanks guys." he chuckled. "I really appreciate this. But...the cake...."

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/20-funny-cakes-14.jpg?w=500&h=666

It was a y body cake that if appeared on a real woman, would no doubt guarantee all Infinite boys be nose bleeding in no time.

"Don't you get it? You need to live wild!" Sunggyu laughed. "We took great pains in getting this so you better eat this up."

Jaekyung giggled softly, shaking her head. "Your girlfriend should get an attire like this for your birthday." Hoya commented, laughing.

Chaekyung pinked but Hoya was looking at Jaekyung instead. L wriggled his brows at her and Jaekyung reddened, shooting him a glare. "Don't you dare make Chae wear something like that, Kim Myungsoo." she muttered.

"I won't." L stared back at her. *It's not her I want to see.* he grinned slyly.

"Cut the cake cut the cake!" Sungyeol shoved the plastic knife in his hands. "I want the neck, please! I don't want anyone catching me eat an obscene bodypart."

"Dude, you were the one who went into the shop ordering this and now you're scared?" Dongwoo raised a brow.

L shook his head in amusement and cut the cake up dilligently, passing them pieces of cake even though he was the birthday boy. "Yah is this it?" he complained. "Only the obscene cake? No presents?" he pretended to pout.

"Neh neh neh, we all got you presents." Hoya rolled his eyes. "You've got eleven presents now, at least." he counted the Infinite boys, Chaekyung and her friends and Jaekyung.

"Haha mianhae, it's nine." Soomi threw a package at L. "We girls pooled for this one."

"Thanks." L unwrapped a new CD album which he had wanted for the longest time. "Wow, thanks girls."

"Here is mine, Hyung!" Sungjong beamed. "You better like it!"

L raised a brow as he unwrapped a freaking three part dancing tutorial. "What the...girl group dances 101. Taught by Lee Sungjong?" L choked on his saliva. "What the hell is this!"

"You need charm hyung." Sungjong shook his head in disapproval. "Look at you, can't even charm the girls." he discreetly jerked his head towards Jaekyung and L understood that Sungjong was subtly laughing at his failure in getting Jaekyung to respond to his advances.

L raised his fist and pretended to punch the maknae and Sungjong squealed, running away.

"Mine next mine next!" Sungyeol rushed forward.

Sungyeol had given L freaking book on Love Tips (he got a whack on his head), Hoya gave L an Ebook reader, Sunggyu gave L a set of hats that L always wore, all in ten colours. Dongwoo gave L a hug and wanted to make do with it and L tried to strangle his hyung, but Dongwoo finally got out his present which was a pair of couple watches. (L promptly pocketed it before Chaekyung could see what the gift was.) Yoomi and Woohyun shared a gift and they gave him 100 thousand won book voucher,  and Woohyun patted him on the back and telling him to share it with someone.

Chaekyung sidled up to L, beaming. "Happy birthday L oppa." she pushed a box into his hands.

L opened the box gingerly and found a cute soft toy cup cake. He raised his brows questioningly at her. "I told you I'll make nice cupcakes for you, L oppa." Chaekyung confessed. "Since my cooking skills aren't there yet, I made this. I made it okay! It's a little out of shaped but yeah I made it." she bit her lip. "I know it's lame but I hope you like it."

"I do." L nodded with a smile. "Thank you."

Chaekyung smiled, her face lighting up completely.

L shifted his gaze to the last person standing behind. "Lee Jaekyung." he muttered. He wagged a finger. "Present?"

Jaekyung stared back innocently. "Mianhae, I didn't get one."

"What?" L huffed. "How can you not get your ma-" he cleared his throat as he almost called himself her man. Oh L, watch what you say. "How can you not get me anything!" he whined.

Jaekyung bit back a giggle as she felt the bulge in her bag. Yep, still there.

"Sorry, I'll make it up to you someday." she shrugged nonchalantly.

L eyed her. *Someday? I'll make you pay tonight.* he couldn't help the grin when he thought of how he was going to spend the entire evening and night with her. Oh heaven.

In the mean time...

"Hey, what's a party without music? Woohyun hyung!" L pointed.

-----

Chaekyung cocked her head to the side. "L oppa don't go home yet! It's only seven!" she frowned. "It's your birthday, we should party till night!" she smiled.

L shook his head. "My uh...parents are waiting for me with cake." he fibbed. "You guys can party on, I'll make a move first." He glanced behind and met eyes with Jaekyung.

She looked away, her heart thudding madly in her chest.

"Aww so soon?" Sungjong pretended to whine even though he knew just where L was going and was elated for his hyung. "You're mean, L hyung. We prepared this whole feast for you and you don't even stay to enjoy it." he pouted.

"Mianhae little guy. Next time." L laughed. "Bye everyone! Thanks for the party today!"

"BYE!" the Infinite boys chorused.

Chaekyung watched as L went off in his car, sighing softly. The party didn't seem fun anymore without him with her. "I feel like going home."

"Already? No way!" Bomi pulled Chaekyung to the middle of the room. "Let's dance! We booked this chalet till tomorrow so let's use it!" she beamed. "L oppa's just being a nice son, so let him. Let's have fun ourselves!"

Chaekyung nodded reluctantly and followed her friend.

Jaekyung glanced at the door and felt her phone vibrate, knowing L was waiting outside. "Uhm Chae, since Myungsoo isn't here anymore and I'm not into parties, I'll go to the cafe to read okay?" she called over the music. "See you at home?'

"Arraso unnie!" Chaekyung called back.

Jaekyung swallowed, darting out of the building. She ran to the place where L had told her to go to and looked around, wondering where he was.

Someone tugged on her hand and she fell into a pair of warm arms and sturdy chest.

L buried his face in her hair and sighed contently. "Finally. My birthday only just begun."