Double Date II

The Dull One

The four of them got their tickets to Lotte World and looked around excitedly. L, being the gentleman, had paid for all their tickets. Junki was more than happy to let L do the job for this and gladly accepted the free ticket without even feeling bad.

The four of them went on a few rides, just the kiddy ones that weren't too scary because Chaekyung couldn't take the fast roller coasters, which was an irony since she was the high flyer of the cheerleading team.

They went on the ferris wheel and merry-go-round (lame) and the most they got to was the kid's roller coaster. L made sure to near Jaekyung whenever possible to keep an eye on Junki.

He made sure to be seating behind the two so that he could catch every "innocent" move Junki did, just so he could be there to break the latter's neck if need be.

The four of them had decided to go to the 3D theatre for a relatively short one hour movie clip and (once again) L had gotten them popcorn. Chaekyung darted in first, followed by L, Jaekyung and then Junki.

The screen dimmed and everyone put on their 3D glasses, squinting at the screen. There came a gush of air beneath their legs and Chaekyung giggled in delight, enjoying the exhileration.

"Cool, huh. Babe?" Junki whispered to Jaekyung. Jaekyung nodded and shifted further away from Junki in case he tried some thing in the dark.

The movie started.

It was something about a turtle finding it's way home since it got lost and the friends it made along the way. It was meaningful and heart warming, but Jaekyung found that she couldn't really pay attention with L so close to her.

He moved closer and closer to her inch by inch at a time, and Jaekyung hadn't even noticed at first. Until his shoulders were plastered against hers and Jaekyung realized he was leaning all the way on the handrest they shared. Jaekyung glanced at him and frowned.

She realized that she couldn't move back to the centre of her seat either because Junki was doing the same at the other handrest.

It was either sticking with L or getting chummy with Junki.

Did you even need to think for that?

Jaekyung stayed where she was, shooting L a glare as best as she could with the 3D glasses on her face. "Move over." she whispered to him.

L looked like he didn't hear what she said because he looked absolutely immersed in the flim. It wasn't until a few minutes later when she finally turned back to the screen and she heard him whisper that she knew he had heard her. He had heard her alright.

"No." he whispered back. "I'll share a chair with you if I could, but I can't now, so I'll have to make do with this."

Jaekyung shot him a look and pushed him back to his seat with her shoulders, glancing at Junki beside her to see if he heard anything. Junki sent her a smile and she sent an awkward one back.

She turned to the screen to focus on the cute little turtle again, getting the pieces of the movie she had missed. She laughed softly at the other little animals and got more and more absorbed in the flim...until....

A hand crept onto her lap and took her hand, interlacing his fingers with hers tightly and caressing the back of her hand.

It took everything Jaekyung had to not snap her head towards him right then and there to stare at L. She swallowed and stared at his hands, hugging her bag tighter to block the view from Junki.

She turned and saw that L was doing the same with his own bag so that Chaekyung couldn't see.

"What are you doing?" she hissed, trying to pull her hand back. L didn't let go, his grip unexpectedly strong. He just held on, ready for her surprise attacks even when she pulled back suddenly. His hands never left hers.

Jaekyung grew tired of trying to pry L's deathly grip from her hands and she finally settled back into her seat, letting him hold hers. It felt nice, really nice.

How even their hands fit together. How warm his large palm was against hers. How much security that one hand grip could give her.

L slowly relaxed his grip when he felt that Jaekyung wasn't fighting back anymore and he smiled softly, a tingling feeling resonating in his chest. His thumb grazed the back of her hand softly, enjoying her smooth skin texture against his slightly calloused ones.

He liked this. He liked this a lot.

He turned her hand over to her palm, keeping his gaze to the front the entire time. Jaekyung glanced down at their hands and wondered what he was doing.

His fingers hovered over her palm and wrote a word. "I."

Jaekyung bit back a giggle at how ticklish it felt and she saw the corners of L's lips twitching up in a smile.

His fingers moved to trace another pattern on her palm and Jaekyung eyed his fingers as best as she could with her head looking at the screen.

He drew a heart. And then another letter.

Jaekyung swallowed, hard.

2115724.png

Messily messily drawn on her hand, but it did the job of sending heat from her stomach all the way to her cheeks and toes. Oh L.... Jaekyung sighed softly and L smiled, taking her hand again and caressing her skin with his thumb just like before.

He heard her sigh. He felt the intake of her breath when she realized what he had written. He knew she wasn't paying attention to the movie right now even if it seemed so to that stupid Junki.

Neither was he.

All they were focused on was the heat from each other's palms, captured in that small space between their palms that were locked by their perfectly interlaced fingers.

-----

"The movie was amazing!" Chaekyung sniffled, wiping a tear away. "The scene when the turtle got back to his family, it was too great! Wasn't the movie amazing, unnie?"

Jaekyung her lips. Movie? What movie? She could only remember a particular hand that held hers throughout the way. "Yeah it was nice." she nodded awkwardly.

"I thought the movie was nice too." L muttered with a tinge of smile. "We should do that again." he met Jaekyung's eyes when he said it. Jaekyung blushed pink and looked away, coughing slightly.

"Baby, you're alright?" Junki asked her. Jaekyung nodded and he smiled in a not-very-genuine-way and took her hand as they walked. Jaekyung shuddered at how cold and clammy his hands were compared to L's warm palms. Five fingers and a palm, why did they give off so different feelings?

Just at that moment, a music was played and everyone around the area had their attention caught. There was a pond like structure in the middle of the parade square and the tubes above the pond began spraying water down vertically.

The water was sprayed at different speeds and at different times to match with the music so that beautiful pictures were formed with just water itself.

To create a fuller texture, a visualiser casted colours on the water, lighting it up and bringing the pictures to life.

(A/N: I don't think Lotte World has that, I just got the idea from the water show outside the Sentosa Casino in Singapore)

"Wow." Jaekyung whispered in awe.

L nodded, yes wow.

The entire spontaneous show lasted for around five minutes and everyone clapped when it finished even though they wasn't anyone doing it. It was just pre-recorded. But it must have taken a lot of pains to sync everything and the entire effect was just...wonderful.

Chaekyung looked enchanted while even Junki looked impressed.

Chaekyung got nearer to the pool to play with the water for a bit, letting her hands touch the cool liquid. "This is amazing. It's like...fashion designing for water!" she blurted.

Jaekyung laughed and shook her head in amusement, while L smiled when she did. Junki yawned slightly and looked around. "Since this is done, let's grab a bite somewhere. My treat." he smiled.

The same as when he had offered to treat for the tickets and the popcorn. But L ended up paying. Meh.

The four of them walked up the staircase which rounded up beside the pond, chatting along the way. There weren't any railings because there were only about five steps, but it was a two way traffic type of thing.

A guy pushed past Chaekyung to hurry past them and Chaekyung wobbled on the step, swinging her hands about to get her balance back. Jaekyung saw and she quickly tugged on Chaekyung in such a swift movement, that she caused herself to fall off the steps instead.

And into the pond.

The loud splash made everyone look and Jaekyung's head bobbed up on the surface of the water, spluttering. "Jaekyung!" it was L who made it down the steps first and hauled her out of the water, wiping her face tenderly.

"Babo." he muttered, already shrugging off his jacket and wrapping it around her as he rubbed her arms. "Cold?"

Jaekyung nodded, coughing out water. She tried to get out of the pond but dropped right in, letting out a pained cry. L's hands caught hers just in time and pulled her out of the water, frowning. "Where does it hurt?" he asked, even before Chaekyung's mind processed the reason for Jaekyung's cry.

"Ankle." Jaekyung hissed in pain as she settled on the floor.

L made her lean against the edge of the pool and took off her shoe without even asking which foot it was. He seemed to know everything just by judging her responses.

He touched the ankle lightly and Jaekyung squirmed. "It looks really bad." L muttered worriedly. "I'm afraid we have to get you home, Jaekyung."

Jaekyung looked at them and bit her lip. "I'm sorry for being such a burden."

"Nonsense!" Junki danced in and pushed L away, pulling L's jacket off Jaekyung's shoulders and shoving it to the owner. He took out his own and wrapped it around her, crouching down in front of her.

"Get on my back, baby. I'll carry you."

L's eyes widened and he shook his head at Jaekyung, willing her not to. No way was he going to let HIS girl be in such close proximity with another guy especially when he was just there.

Jaekyung her lips. "There's no need for you to carry me, Junki. Maybe just support me when I walk, that'll do fine." she murmured.

Junki looked disappointed that he didn't get to have the chance to feel Jaekyung's chest pressed against his back , but he promptly looped her arm around his shoulders and held her waist as he supported her. "Let's get you to the doctor's to have it bandaged first. Poor baby." he cooed.

L flinched, scowling.

He wanted to follow when he realized someone was looking at him intently. It was Chaekyung.

He raised his brows at her. "Let's go." he cocked his head in the direction where Junki went. Chaekyung nodded, following him, not uttering a word.

She had never seen L angry before.

Until that day he punched Junki.

She had never seen L really smile happily in her presence before.

Until she just saw how he did when Jaekyung laughed.

She had never seen L worried or panicking before.

Until she saw him nearly pee in his pants with worry when Jaekyung fell in the pond.

Chaekyung swallowed hard, the hurt in her chest piling immensely from the doubts and insecurities. "Do you really like me, L oppa?" she whispered to herself. "I'm so confused. I don't want to be distrustful, I don't want to be such a doubtful girlfriend."

"But it's getting harder and harder for me to overlook things like this, L oppa. Especially when you look like you love unnie instead of me."