The Boyfriends

The Dull One

"You sure you're okay?" L asked worriedly, scanning her ankle. "You should just say it if it hurts, Jaekyung. Don't keep everything to yourself like you always do." he flicked her forehead.

Jaekyung pouted at him and made a face. "I'm fine. The doctor already bandaged my ankle." she looked at her now stiff right ankle. "Just stay off this foot for two days and I'll be fine."

"You better." L warned. "Or I'll make sure to flick your head so hard, you'll go into a coma."

Jaekyung burst out in laughter and sent him an incredulous look. "Seriously?" she chuckled in amusement. "Of all the threats you could have thought about in the world?"

*I can think of a million threats alright, but why would I use them on you?* L grinned at her, thinking. "Don't underestimate these fingers." he showed her his hand. "They're deadlier than Onew's ttakbam."

Jaekyung shook her head, disbelieving. L chuckled and ruffled her hair, smiling tenderly.

Chaekyung cleared and Jaekyung straightened, wiping the smile off her face and pulling L's hand off her head. "Junki, can you help me get my crutches?" she smiled at her boyfriend.

"No problem baby." Junki grinned, happy that he finally got noticed. He had been trying to cut into their conversation but had no chance of doing so the entire time. Hah in your face L, he thought, he was still Jaekyung's boyfriend. Of course he would be her number one.

Jaekyung smiled at Chaekyung and limped away as Junki helped her by her side. L watched worriedly, as if she was walking on eggshells. Chaekyung gazed at him, the feeling of dread piling up in the pits of her tummy. L noticed her looking at her and he gulped, wondering if his face gave it away.

He smiled at her awkwardly. "Let's go?" he rubbed the back of his neck.

Chaekyung faked a smile and nodded, following after him. She shook and knocked her head. *Don't think silly thoughts Chaekyung. Think about it, it's Jaekyung unnie! Why would Jaekyung unnie betray you? She wouldn't! Stop these doubts, Chaekyung. You're too paranoid.*

 

 

 

"Umma! We're home!" Chaekyung hollered as she helped Jaekyung into the house. Jaekyung limped in with her crutches and L kept an eye on the entire time, making sure he would be there if she tripped.

"So fast?" Mrs Lee called from inside the kitchen. "You girls haven't gone for four hours even!" she appeared from the kitchen with an apron and wiped her hands on a cloth.

Her eyes widened when she saw Jaekyung with a crutch and she rushed over, panicking. "Omo! Jaekyung ah!! Are you hurt?" she shrieked.

Loud stomping from the second floor was heard as Mr Lee rushed down the stairs. "What? Jaekyung's hurt?"

Jaekyung pinked and looked at her parents. "It's not very serious, just a sprained ankle." she shook her head. "Don't worry, umma appa. I'll be fine in a couple of days." she assured.

"Unnie was trying to save me from falling and in the end she fell herself." Chaekyung sighed, shaking her head.

"Aigoo." Mr Lee frowned. "Come on, sit on the couch." he helped his daughter to sit. "Yeobo, shouldn't we brew some tonic or something for her?"

"Good idea, I'll phone Mrs Jung next door if she has extra herbs to spare." Mrs Lee rushed for the phone immediately. "Umma! There's no need!" Jaekyung shook her head. "Nonsense! Just stay here and rest alright?" Mr Lee shook his head.

He looked around at the two boyfriends and raised his brows at Junki. "Who are you? I haven't seen you before."

Junki stood in front and cleared his throat, glad that the attention was on him again. "Hello Abeonim, I'm Junki, Jaekyung's boyfriend." Mr Lee raised his brows at the "Abeonim" calling when he didn't even give him permission to call him that.

"Junki? Why does that name sound familiar?" Mr Lee tapped his chin.

"Maybe because he bullied your daughter all the way since three years back." L muttered under his breath. Mr Lee caught what he said and turned to Junki, finally realizing. He didn't voice out his concerns but he looked at Jaekyung in confusion, wondering why she chose this guy when even he had heard so many bad things about him.

*But Jaekyung knows what she's doing.* Mr Lee sighed to himself. *Trust her.*

"Well I'll leave you kids here, I have some work to do." he smiled at his daughters. He ruffled Jaekyung's hair. "Don't stress your leg, alright?"

The four of them were left in the living room while Mrs Lee phoned her friend, and Junki plopped himself on the couch next to Jaekyung, leaving no space between them as he slung an arm around her shoulders. "Baby, I was so worried for you." he nuzzled his nose against her jaw.

Jaekyung stiffened and plucked his arm off her. "Not here, Junki." she muttered. "We're not alone."

"Arraso. I'll wait till we are." Junki grinned at her. Jaekyung wanted to gag. Oh hell no, she was going to make sure there wouldn't be any time with him alone. Ever.

L scowled at the guy and sat down on the other couch, Chaekyung following beside him. "So, I haven't seen your room before, Jaekyung." Junki started. "Why don't you show me your room, and let's get a little time together?" he grinned slyly.

L shot up. "That's the worst pick up line in history, Kim Junki. Can't think of something better?" L narrowed his eyes.

Junki frowned and he sat up. "What's it to you, L?" he snarled. "Jaekyung is my girlfriend. You've got your own, so stop butting into our business. What we do doesn't concern you."

L growled. "Hell yeah it does. I may not be Jaekyung's boyfriend," he muttered. *Yet.* "But I also know that Jaekyung is a girl that deserves respect. Using a lousy pick up line on her especially in front of her sister and me? That's not respect, dude. If you don't know what that is, go back to kindergarten."

Junki stood up and stood in front of L, chest to chest. "You've got a problem with me, L." he muttered. "I don't know what it is, but I don't like it. Jaekyung is mine, so off." he hissed.

L clenched his fists, ready to slam it into the guy's effing ugly face. Jaekyung limped over and held onto both their arms. "Stop this." she frowned. "You're not making sense."

L cooled down at her touch, looking down at her and slowly relaxing. He let out a slow breath and eyed Junki. "Only because she said so." he whispered, and he sat down again.

Junki rolled his eyes and wrapped his arm around Jaekyung's waist as if challenging L. Jaekyung squirmed out of his grip and shook her head. "Don't provoke him, Junki." she muttered.

Chaekyung bit her lip awkwardly, and she was more than relieved when the bell rang. She got up immediately and ran to the door. "Hey Chaekyung ah!" a woman smiled. "Your mom asked for extra herbs, I'm here with them. Can I come in?" Mrs Jung asked.

"Sure!" Chaekyung smiled and let Mrs Jung in. "Inhee! I'm here with the herbs!" Mrs Jung hollered. "Already? You're a life saver!" Mrs Lee rushed out of the kitchen. "Thank you! Have a seat! I'll pop these in and come out in a bit." Mrs Lee rushed back into the kitchen.

Mrs Jung chuckled in amusement and she turned to look at the youngsters that were sitting in the living room. "Oh who are these two guys? Your boyfriends?" she grinned, interested.

Chaekyung pinked and nodded. "Neh."

"Awww young love." Mrs Jung smiled, nodding. She gasped when she saw Jaekyung with her bandaged ankle and frowned. "Omo Jaekyung what happened?"

"Fell." Jaekyung shrugged, shaking her head. "It's okay Mrs Jung."

"Hmm better take care. No wonder Inhee wanted those herbs." she muttered. She sat down on the single seater and eyed the two boys in interest. "So, the Lee sisters boyfriends. Not bad looking." she looked at L, nodding in approval.

L pinked and smiled, glancing at Jaekyung. "So what are your names? Lucky boys go got these two beautiful girls huh?" Mrs Jung grinned.

"I'm Myungsoo." L greeted. "Nice to meet you."

"Myungsoo. Handsome eh? Be careful Jaekyung, you better keep your eye on such a handsome boyfriend before he gets stolen by other girls!" Mrs Jung joked. Jaekyung blinked and met L's eyes. "Ahjumma...he...he isn't my boyfriend." she cleared awkwardly.

Mrs Jung looked taken aback. "Myungsoo isn't...so he's Chaekyung's boyfriend?" she looked between Chaekyung and L. "Oh, must be my mistake. I thought..." she looked between L and Jaekyung again. *It looked like this Myungsoo's in love with Jaekyung instead. I must have seen wrongly.*

"I'm Junki." Junki cut in. "I'm Jaekyung's boyfriend."

"Of course." Mrs Jung looked uncomfortable. "Uhm...I have to make sure my son's studying. I'll go back first, tell your mom I went back alright?" she smiled at Jaekyung and Chaekyung. "Bye girls!"

She darted out of the door at the first opportunity, muttering "weird weird weird" under her breath. L raised his brows at Jaekyung, grinning inwardly. *See? Even other people think we look like a couple.*

Jaekyung shot him a glare. *So? We aren't.*

*Soon.* L winked, chuckling softly to himself.

"Chae! Can you come in to help me with watching the stove? I have to go to the toilet!" Mrs Lee hollered. "Coming!" Chaekyung called back. She smiled at L. "L oppa, you can go up to my room to grab a few DVDs to watch if you're bored. Mine is on the second floor."

"Okay." L nodded as Chaekyung darted off. "So, I'll grab some DVDs real quick." he nodded at Jaekyung. He eyed Junki, frowning. He had better run right down in case that guy tried anything in the time being.

L ran up the stairs and darted into the first room he saw. He came into a really neat room and he blinked, the peach scent overwhelming in the room. L stopped and put his bag down against the table, looking around.

He just knew this wasn't Chaekyung's room, it was his girl's.

He looked around in interest, not really surprised that Jaekyung's room was that neat. He chuckled softly as he saw a stack of the school's past newsletter since the first issue she had participated in. L took the first copy and flipped to the last page where he finally saw Jaekyung's name.

He read her article in interest, taking in every word. She wasn't as proficient as she was now, but she was still outstanding to him.

She had underlined her own name and put a smiley face next to it, obviously happy that her article was printed.

L chuckled softly, biting his lips. "Cute."

He sighed softly, suddenly remembering he left Junki and Jaekyung together downstairs. He frowned and quickly rushed out of the room, grabbing his bag. He accidentally banged into the table and several of Jaekyung's books dropped on the floor.

"Crap." L cursed, picking them up quickly and piling them on the table. He grabbed his bag and dashed out of the room, running to Chaekyung's to find the DVDs.

He hadn't noticed a certain book that had dropped into his bag.

And he had no idea how it was going to change his view of everything.