YOUUU??

The Dull One

"How's your date yesterday with Chaekyung, L hyung?" Sungjong asked curiously. "I wanna get a girlfriend too! Man!"

Sunggyu nodded and turned to look at L in interest. "Yeah how was it?" he grinned. "Did you listen to my advice? Roses are a must, and you must remember to bring her to the movies. It's customary. And then in the dark you'll inch your hand towards hers in that slow, awkward and heart throbbing movement until your fingers touch hers-"

"I didn't hyung." L cut off.

"Aww." Woohyun pouted. "Since not the movies then did you and her go watch the fountain display at the great square. The view's spectacular there you know." he grinned. "Especially at night. I remember my first kiss with Yoomi was just right ther-"

"I said I didn't go." L tried to tell them.

Sungyeol huffed. "You didn't go there either?" he tapped his chin. "Then where did you go? It must be romantic right huh? Let me guess, firework display? Romantic candle lit dinner by the water? Omo don't you dare tell me it's the hotel at the first go!"

L whacked his hyung's head, hard. "Your mind is utterly polluted, go for a cleaning some time." he muttered. He sighed and looked at his friends. "I said, I didn't go. I didn't go on a date with her yesterday."

All eyes bulged from their sockets as they stared at L in surprise. "What?" Hoya snapped. "What in the world? Where did you go then if you didn't go out with your girlfriend?"

"I uh...." L cleared his throat. "I had to discuss the front page article with Jaekyung. You know Jaekyung?"

"You mean the girl from our class?" Sungjong questioned. "Wait I thought she was called Haeyeon?" he scratched his head.

Dongwoo blinked. "Huh wait. We have a Jaekyung or Haeyeon in class? Since when! I totally didn't know!"

L wanted to smack his donkey hyung's face. "Yes we do. I just enrolled here and I'm more aware of who's in our class. She's in the Newsletter committee too and she's supposed to be my mentor, so yeah. We were kind of having an intense debate on the article yesterday." he rubbed the back of his neck.

Sunggyu rolled his eyes. "You're a total disappointment, L."

"I thought you would go out with Chaekyung! I wanted to hear the juicy details!" Sungyeol pouted. "This is so disappointing! I should have watched some drama instead."

"Think about it, L." Woohyun frowned. "You've gotten together with Chaekyung on Monday morning. It's now Wednesday. The only time you've spent with her these few days is the few moments when she confessed! How can this be!"

L lowered his head guiltily. "I'll spend time with her later I promise." he muttered. "It's just...I have to remind myself that I'm a boyfriend. I'm not used to this."

"Well you better get used to it alright?" Woohyun warned. "Yoomi threatened me that if you're not nice enough to L, she'll break up with me so don't you dare sabotage my relationship too."

L nodded and sighed. "Yeah I will."

 

 

 

To: L oppa

Where are you oppa? I'm supposed to meet you now right?

From: Chaekyung

L typed back a message quickly and stuffed the phone back into his pocket.

To: Chaekyung

You know the backyard of the school where the garden is? Near the blue painted stairwell. I'm there now.

From: L

He picked up the tiny kitten from the ground and smiled at it. "Hey little one." he murmured softly, rubbing it behind the ear.

The kitten stretched and yawned cutely, snuggling in L's hand. It was so small that it could rest on L's palm, fitting completely.

Soon, another grey kitten crawled out from it's hiding spot to look at L. It's eyes blinked at L curiously and L used his other hand to tickle the kitten. He chuckled softly when the kitten let out a soft meow, blinking up at him.

Another grey kitten came out soon after, the third of this triplet. The mother cat sauntered up, settling down at the side to watch this astonishingly handsome human guy play with her kids.

"Cute." L murmured. "Have you eaten?" he asked the kitten he was holding.

The kitten seemed to nod and L smiled. He looked around and just as he expected, he saw the large bowl of unfinished milk and a few cookie crumbs on the floor. He smiled, touched.

"That mystery person has been giving you milk and cookies again huh?" L asked, waving the kitten's paw about. "Who is it? Is it a girl or a guy?" he wondered out loud. "Maybe it's the cleaner ahjumma? No one comes to the backyard as far as I know."

L had been thinking really deeply when someone called his name from behind. "L oppa!"

L turned around and smiled, waving with his empty hand. "Hey, Chaekyung." he looked awkward, not knowing how to act in front of this girl who was his girlfriend now.

Chaekyung didn't seem to have the same troubles since she plopped herself close to him without a second's hesitation. She looked at him with her large round eyes and broke into a large smile. "Hehe." she giggled.

L blinked in confusion. "What?" he looked around for something funny.

Chaekyung shook her head. "Nothing. Just....you're my boyfriend now." she giggled softly. "I feel like I'm living in a dream, L oppa." she smiled, sighing contently.

L cleared his throat. Uhhhhh....what in the world should he respond to that?

Chaekyung laughed at his expression and poked his cheek. "You're cute, oppa." she smiled. "Am I your first girlfriend?"

L nodded. "Yeah." he coughed awkwardly. "So uh..." he set the kitten down but it snuggled on his lap. It's siblings saw what it did and too crawled onto L's lap.

"If I'm not exactly proficient in this relationship business I beg your pardon before everything." L muttered. "I'm not too sure about this love thing, so uh.."

"It's okay L oppa." Chaekyung nodded in understanding. "You're my first boyfriend too." she smiled. "I don't have any experience either."

"Oh really?" L looked surprised but not particularly elated or whatsoever. "I only know Woohyun hyung courted you before, I'm not too sure." he tapped his chin.

They sat in awkward silence for a bit until Chaekyung decided to break it. "You like kittens, L oppa?" she picked up one of the kittens from his lap. The kitten naturally snuggled in her palm as if it knew who Chaekyung was, and meoooowwed happily.

"Yeah." L murmured. He watched the kitten in interest. "It looks like it knows you."

Chaekyung laughed. "Nah. It's just maybe my aura is same as my sist-" she stopped herself and turned to him excitedly. "L oppa. I have this HUGE secret I wanna tell you. Since we're in a relationship now, I think it's best that I'm honest you know?"

L nodded slowly, not knowing what she was talking baout.

"L oppa, can you come home with me?" Chaekyung beamed. "I want you to meet my sister."

 

 

 

 

"Are you sure about this?" L asked, completely hesitating. "We've only been together for like...three days? I'm meeting your parents already? This is a bit rush isn't it?" He stopped the car in front of her house.

Chaekyung laughed. "Don't worry about my parents, L oppa. They're not home now."

L let out a visible sigh of relief.

"I just want you to meet my unnie." Chaekyung smiled. "It's this secret of ours and she insists on being annoymous, but I think you have the right to know. Please don't be shocked alright?"

L nodded as he followed after her. How could he be shocked? It was just another girl right?

Chaekyung opened the door and gestured for him to follow. "Unnie!! I'm home!" she hollered. "Come out and meet L oppa, unnie! He's here!"

"Arraso! Coming!" Someone called from the top of the stairs.

L scratched his head, wondering why that voice sounded so familiar. "What's your sister's name again?" L murmured, frowning slightly.

"Oh her name?" Chaekyung smiled. "Unnie's called-"

At this instant, Jaekyung arrived at the bottom of the steps and she settled her eyes on the guy standing beside her sister. Her eyes widened and she let out a gasp.

L heard the gasp and turned towards the sound. His jaw dropped opened and he blinked in confusion.

"YOUUUU???"