The Infinite Spies

The Dull One

"Yeah babe." Woohyun cooed into the phone. "I can't wait to see you again later. I'll miss you~"

He hung up and smiled contently to himself, only to realize that the Infinite members were staring at him with open mouths. "Hyung, you're seriously seriously seeeeeeeriously whipped." Sungjong rolled his eyes.

"I'm feeling embarrassed for all males in the world." Sunggyu pretended to groan and shake his head. Woohyun punched the leader on the arm.

"Hey you all," Woohyun wagged his finger. "If the time comes and you guys fall in love with some girl, I'll bet you that you'll act even more whipped than I am."

"Impossible." Dongwoo muttered immediately.

"Oh yeah?" Woohyun raised his brows. "I can see Dongwoo researching the net for jokes so that he can humor his girl. Sunggyu hyung would be mean and fierce to everyone except the special her."

He turned to inspect the other members. "Maknae," he pointed. "You'll turn to learn hip hop and b-boy instead of girl group dances I. Order to impress your girlfriend. Hoya, you'll be shy and everything, not even daring to say a word to her. But then comes some day where she's in trouble and you'll be the first one there to save her."

He eyed Sungyeol. "And you, your stupid laughter will become more stupid when she's around and your voice will crack many many times."

"Hyung!" Sungyeol whined while the other Infinite boys laughed. "Why is my prediction the worse?"

"Hey I haven't finished." Woohyun grinned. "You'll crack your voice and everything, but when it comes to showing her that she's yours, you'll do just fine." he comforted.

"That sounds about alright." Sungyepl conceded. He elbowed L beside him. "What about our dear L over here?"

Woohyun raised his brows at L in amusement. "Do I even need to give a prediction? He already has a girlfriend. Ask him, what did you and her do this weekend?"

L blinked as all the Infinite members stared at him in interest. "Hey, I didn't go out with her." he raised both his hands.

"What? Not again!" the boys whined. "You didn't even see her?"

"I didn't go out with her but I did see her." L clarified. "In fact I went to her house to pick up Jae-" he stopped himself since it was supposed to be a secret. He mentally smacked himself for almost giving it away.

"Pick up?" Sungjong blinked confusedly.

"Just you know, I passed by her house so I went in to say hi." L mumbled. "Nothing big."

"Oooh so you met mother-in-law already?" Hoya laughed. "Cool man. You're even faster than Woohyun hyung!"

L rolled his eyes. "Whatever, I'll be going to the newsletter room. See you guys tomorrow."

The Infinite boys watched him leave and tapped their chin thoughtfully. "Is it me or does he seem to be keeping something from us?" Sunggyu murmured.

"Hey!" Sungyeol blurted. "Do you think he's missing out the juicy details from his love life! No way he's gonna pay!" he huffed.

"You know, the girls have cheerleading practice today." Woohyun told them. "Do you think L will go watch them or pick Chaekyung up after that?"

Sungyeol grinned and rubbed his palms together in interest. "We'll find out."







L nearly dozed off in the Newsletter room. It was cozy and comfortable there and he had been writing his part for the upcoming article, till his eyes slowly fluttered close.

His head slowly nodded lower and lower, his back slouching down further and further.

Finally, his head hit the table top with a loud conk and L's eyes burst opened. He blinked in confusion at his surroundings and tried to remember where he was.

The Newsletter Room.

He glanced at the time and it barely registered in his mind. "Oh it's six." he murmured, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

He yawned loudly and set his head down to sleep again when the time finally registered in his mind. "! It's six!" he burst out from his chair.

L quickly gathered his things and shoved them in his bag. Slinging it over his shoulders hurriedly, he ran to the field where it was getting darker by the minute because it was getting late.

He saw several of the cheerleaders already on their way out of the school gates and he cursed. "." he looked around for his girlfriend. He didn't want to be late the first time he promised to send her home. It just wasn't polite.

L looked around in a panicky manner, not noticing how there were a group of five boys following behind him secretly. Woohyun wasn't around anymore because he had darted off once cheerleading practice ended, to see his girlfriend.

"Hey look at that panicky face right there!" Hoya whispered. "Is that love or what!"

Sungjong blinked. "Well that's the same expression I would wear if my little sister got lost and it was getting late." he murmured.

"Hey! Of course that's wrong!" Dongwoo pointed out. "I mean that's your sister but Chaekyung is L's girlfriend!"

"Yeah but let's not forget we kind of urged him into this." Sunggyu murmured. "He hadn't actually told us that he likes Chaekyung."

The five boys watched on in interest as L kept looking around, not noticing how the other cheerleaders were ogling at him and wishing they were Chaekyung instead.

"L oppa!"

L turned around as Chaekyung ran towards him. "You're here." she beamed, looking cute as ever in her sweet little bun with a pink flower at the side.

"Yeah. Sorry did you wait long?" L rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I fell asleep. Again."

"It's okay." Chaekyung shook her head and smiled. She hooked her hand on his arm and pulled him forward. "It's getting late, let's go home L oppa!" she chirped.

L followed along, feeling a little like a lost puppy in this boyfriend duty business.

"Aww look at that! They're holding hands!" Sungyeol cooed.

"Are you dumb? She's just holding onto his arm. They're not holding hands!" Hoya retorted.

"Hmm yeah." Sungjong nodded. "To be honest, this is the first time I've seem them display skinship, and it isn't even very couple like." he tapped his chin.

Sunggyu nodded. "And what's worse, it's her who made the first move." he muttered. "L you've got to step up your game even though she's already your girlfriend." he muttered under his breath.

The five of them stalked after the unknowing two, while gesturing for the rest of the cheerleaders to stay quiet if they saw. It was a funny sight really, five strong men tipping toes and sneaking around like cats.

Especially Sungyeol. He especially resembled a giraffe trying to be a cat.

L and Chaekyung got into his luxury at and the Infinite boys made goggly eyes at the vehicle like any guy would. At that point, the couple still hadn't noticed they were being tailed.

"Had a good practice today?" L asked casually, starting the engine.

Chaekyung smiled and nodded. "We learnt new routines today. And I'm still the high-flyer of the pyramid! I'm so glad coach gave me this chance again."

"Of course he would." L said distractedly as he the air-conditioning.

He heard a moment's silence, which was completely strange for Chaekyung. He looked at her questioningly and saw her smiling dreamily at him. "You're so nice L oppa. You know the right things to say." Chaekyung giggled.

L smiled awkwardly and searched his mind for what he had last said. *Wait what did I say?*

"Well ready to go home?" L cleared his throat, smiling in an overly cheerful manner that totally wasn't L-like. Chaekyung didn't seem to notice. "Yep!"

L pressed down on the accelerator and drove out of the gates. Just as he waved to the security guard goodbye, he noticed someone familiar trudging home in a tired manner.

L stopped his car, the tires screeching loudly. He blinked at the figure and pointed. "Hey isn't that Lee Jaekyung?"

"Unnie?" Chaekyung brightened. She beamed and rolled down the window to call out to her but stopped herself at the last minute. She wasn't sure of there were anyone else around and Jaekyung definitely wanted their relationship to be secret.

Instead, it was L whose voice travelled when Chaekyung's didn't. He wasn't even aware he was calling out to her until his ears heard himself. "Hey Jaekyung!"

Jaekyung blinked and turned slowly, as if surprised anyone would be caught in the act of addressing her in public.

Her eyes rounded when she saw L and Chaekyung from the other side of the drivers seat.

"Come on. I'll drop you home too." L offered. "Doesn't make sense for you to take a taxi when I'm going that way."

"For your information I'm taking the bus." Jaekyung muttered, hugging her books.

L nearly laughed. "Yeah so, Bus or Audi?" he grinned.

Jaekyung looked around for a bit, making sure there weren't anyone around to witness what was going to happen.

She darted into the car quickly, closing the door a little too hard in her moment's hurry. "Hey the door would hurt." L pouted.

"Sorry." Jaekyung mumbled, throwing him a look. She tried hard to be civil since Chaekyung was in the same car and she didn't want her sister to think her boyfriend and sister weren't getting along.

Chaekyung turned around to look at her sister. "Unnie I didn't know you stayed back today, thank goodness L oppa saw you, or you'd have to take the bus."

Jaekyung offered a small smile, trying not to roll her eyes at the "thank goodness for L oppa" statement. "Yeah well, I was at the library but I kinda...fell asleep." she muttered sheepishly. "The librarian woke me up."

Chaekyung giggled. "Hey that happened to L oppa too!"

Jaekyung's and L's eyes met through the mirror and Jaekyung rolled her eyes. L made a face at her secretly and checked as Jaekyung buckled her seatbelt.

"Ready to go home girls?" L grinned.

"YES!" Chaekyung laughed, clapping.

Jaekyung shook her head in amusement and leaned against the window, watching the outside. "He cannot possibly think I would have answered that." she murmured.

"Hey I heard that!" L snapped from the front seat.

-----

"Did you just see that?" Sungjong gaped. "He picked Lee Haeyeon up."

"It's Lee Jaekyung." Sungyeol corrected distractedly. He scratched his head. "What is L doing? Why is he fetching another girl when his girlfriend is in his car?"

Sunggyu tapped his chin and frowned. "Seems like there's some explaining that needs to be done here."