Chapter 30

You can't leave us

Onew started to pack his things since it was the day he was finally discharged from the hospital.After making sure he didn't left anything behind,he exited the room and made his way to where his parents were waiting.

Before leaving,the doctor reminded him to get enough rest since he wasn't fully recovered yet.

 

During the whole journey,he couldn't contain his excitement.He can finally go home to his dongsaengs.

Although he loved staying with his parents,he missed the shinee members so much.

Mr and mrs lee smiled to see the excitement in their son's eye.After everything he went through,he still kept a lovely smile on his face.

 

They finally reached the dorm.He slowly made his way closer to the door.He continued to stare at it,as if he couldn't believe his here again.The place where he called his home.The place with so many memories.

Every step he took,he felt his heart beat rising nearvously.When he was about to grab the doorknob,he hesitated.

"What if they woldn't forgive me?i already hurt them to much.what if...they don't want me here anymore?"

Suddenly,someone touched his shoulders.He turned and saw his father smiling at him.

"Jinki,you don't have to worry.they said they have forgiven you,haven't they?they even told you that everything that happened wasn't even your fault."he tried to assure his only son.

"I know appa,but,,,but i still felt what i did was unforgivable.all i did was cause pain to them and hurt them.i don't deserve them."onew's voice was barely a whisper.

Mr lee was eye to eye with his son.

"Jinki...jinki.look at me.everything that happened was not your fault.no one knew what would happen.what's important now is that you were brave to face all the challenges thrown to you.and through all that,you still thought about your bandmates.even when you didn't remember them,you tried your best to make them happy,to keep them safe.and do you know what that means?that meas your a great leader.so don't ever think otherwise."

Onew stayed silent after hearing this.His mother was listening to every word her husband had said to their son.

She took a step closer to her son and tightly embrace him in a hug.A tear escape her eyes.

"Jinki,please don't ever blame yourself for all that happened.it wasn't your fault and they will agree as well.your the most wonderful leader they could ever asked for.they should be lucky and thankful to have such a great leader like you."

He couldn't hold his emotions anymore.Hot tears fell down to his cheek.

"We love you,and we always will."she told him in between tears.

"I love you guys to."

His mother then released him from the hug.She kiss his forehead and after a final goodbye,the couple left.

Onew turned to face the door again,He took a deep breath and slowly knocked.

 

Onew slowly opened the door.When he got inside,all he could see was total darkness.

Where were their?Did they went out?Didn't they knew he was coming home today?Or,,,did they know but they simply didn't care?

"Sigh...they must be really felt that i abandoned them.i guess i deserved this after not staying by their side."he thought to himself.

He switched on the lights since it was to dark to see,

"SURPRISE HYUNG!"

Onew nearly fell due to shock.He suddenly became breathless.

The shinee member's previously joyful faces quickly turned to worry.They quickly helped him stand up.

"Hyung,are you ok?"asked a concern taemin.

After his breathing was steady again he took in the surroundings of the dorm.He realise that the dorm was clean and tidy.Usually it was pilled with their clothes and belongings on the floor..He then realiseed that the dorm was decorated with ballons.He also realised that there was a banner on top of that read 'WELCOME HOME HYUNG.There were also his favourite food,chicken,on the table.

"Yah,i told you we should have just welcomed him normally.now look what happened.his not fully recovered remember?"key nagged at them.

Jonghyun,minho and taemin just stare at the floor,looking guilty.

Onew knew their attetions were good.He didn't want them to get upset,and he didn't want to sound ungrateful since they already worked hard to prepare this.

"It's ok guys.it's just...i was really surprised.i didn't know that i would be welcomed this way."he told them.

They then smiled at him,feeling better.

"So....do you like the surprise hyung?"he asked hopefully.

Jonghyun,key and minho waited anxiously for their leader's respond.

"I.... love it.i can't believe you guys did all this."onew said in awe.

The 4 of them joyed to hear their leader said that.

"We want to welcome our great leader the best way we can."minho said to him.

"You only deserve the best hyung.you already did so much for us,this is the least we can do."jonghyun firmly told him.

Onew couldn't believe what he heard.After everything that had happen,they still stayed by his side.He felt tears falling down again and he covered his face.

"Thank you guys.thak you so much for everything."

Key came closer to him and removed onew's hand.He then looked directly at onew.

"Hyung,please don't cry.we don't want to see you shed another tear.you know we love you right?we will always take care of you,like always did for us.we will not let you suffer alone anymore.we made that mistake once and we almost ended up losing you.we don't ever want that to happen again."

The others nooded to key's statement.

"From now on,we'll stick together,no matter what challenges we faced."taemin said fiercely.

They then came closer and made a circle and began their usual chant which they always do before a concert.

"We are shining shinee."they yelled.