Chapter 10

You can't leave us

As soon as he said those words,taemin quickly covered his mouth.The realisation of what he did filled him with horror.He couldn't believe he just blurted it out like that.He felt guilty as he already promised onew that he will keep his secret from the other shinee members.

But he felt another feeling as well.He felt....relieved.Keeping that  secret had been a horrible torture for him.For monhs,it felt as though the weight was crushing him.He couldn't let the others know.Now,he finally felt as though a heavy load was being lifted away from him.

Minho,key and jonghyun all looked at him,their eyes widened.

Did they heard him right?Did taemin really just said that their leader is dying?What's going on?

"Wh....what do you mean he's dying?"key's voice was shaking."You're lying right?"

Key than came closer to taemin and looked at him directly in the eyes.

"Tell me your lying.it's not true right?it can't be true right?"

Taemin slowly shocked his head.Key got down on his knees,paralyzed.

Jonghyun and minho were frozen on their spot.They stared at taemin in disbelief.

Taemin took a deep breath and began to explain everything.They listened to everything he said,trying hard not to break down.Was this what was really happening to their leader?How come they know nothing about it?Why didn't he say anything to them?

"And he didn't tell me anything.i found out about it myself."he finished.

The 3 of them continued to look taemin,still not believing the news that they just heard.

Silence then filled the room.It took a long time before someone finally began to say something.

"Was that the reason why he was being so cold to us?the reason why he was getting further away from us?"said key slowly.

Taemin nodded.Key finally broke down,tears beginning to fall.Jonghyun quickly went to comfort him,his face coverd with tears as well.

"Why?why didn't he tell us?doesn't he trust us anymore?does he think we're gonna abandon him just because of some illness?"key was hyperventing.

He didn't understand why didn't onew told any of them.They were always together,through thick and thin.Always helping each other and being there for each other.

So why?why didn't he say anything to them?Did he not think of them as his family anymore?Did they mean nothing to him?Were they just some people in the same group as him?Did he even considered them as his friends?

Seeing his hyung like in such a state,taemin began to broke down as well.He knew onew was trying to make himself hateable for a reason.It was because he wanted to protect them.To protect them from getting hurt.

But taemin could never hate him.He just can't.Onew has already done so much for them.The horrible things he did to them for the pass few months was nothing compare to the wonderful things he did for them for the pass few years.