Chapter 22

Our Fated Love

 

 

She went to the reception area to register for the dance contest. She saw familiar names that also joined. Yunho, Jaejoong, Eunhyuk, Taemin of Sophomores, and… etc. from boys. She saw Yoona, Krystal, Hyuna of Seniors, and etc. Now that she thinks of it, she felt nervous. Some of these girls have experiences. While Miyoung on the other hand, still got nothing. She don’t even know when and where to practice. And what song to use.

 

She went back to their classroom only to find Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon are talking., and giggling.. and smiling. Hyoyeon’s face is full of joy, but it can’t tell if it’s because of love or whatever. Miyoung remembered that she saw Eunhyuk’s name on the list of dancers. She approached the couple, and asks Eunhyuk.

 

“Eunhyuk-sshi” Both of them, Hyo and Hyuk, stares at Miyoung.

“What?” He replied.

“You’re also a contestant, right?”

 

“Contestant for what?” Hyoyeon asked Miyoung. Obviously has no idea what she’s talking about. Maybe Eunhyuk didn’t tell her that he’s joining the contest? Miyoung hesitate a bit if she should continue asking, that will probably lead to the couple’s quarrel. She knows that Hyoyeon also want to join, but she can’t help it. She also wants it. And she thinks that if she wouldn’t ask now, she has no time left.

“The dance contest”. Saw your name there, Eunhyuk-sshi” Miyoung said.

“Omo! You joined the contest?! Why you didn’t tell me earlier? If Miyoung didn’t say it, I wouldn’t know!” Hyoyeon blurted out in an annoying tone. But she’s not that mad nor angry.

“I’m about to say it! I’m just waiting for the perfect time!” Eunhyuk explained.

 

“”YOU TWO STOP! I’m still here, you guys!” Miyoung stopped them. Not yell. But enough for the couple to just stop and stare at her. They waited..

 

“I have to ask Eunhyuk-sshi. Well, if you still don’t know, I also registered for the dance contest . I have a place where I can practice. A vacant place or a cheap studio. I wouldn’t mind anywhere. Just please, help me. I know you have lots of experiences with this. I know you can help me, PLEASE?” Miyoung pleaded and didn’t forgot to give her puppy eyes that no one can resist.

 

Hyoyeon looked at him, as if telling him to help her friend. Eunhyuk obviously can’t resist her girl, and her girl’s friend. It’s true, he have so many experiences when it comes to dancing. He  already joined so many contests and won the prices. So being a good boy of Eunhyuk, he’s much more willing to help. And also because she’s the…

 

“I know a studio. It’s my friend’s studio. I’ll ask him if you could practice there for free. Don’t worry” Eunhyuk smiled. Hyoyeon smiled. And Miyoung jumped for real. She squeals like a little girl who was bought a new Barbie doll by her parents. Some of their classmates look at her. But she didn’t care. The only thing that’s on her mind now is : THIS IS IT.

 

Although the dance contest is occupying 60% of her mind, the remaining space is of course, left for her studies and... Donghae. She always wonders what he’s doing. Probably busy with Student Council stuff, or reading his book, as usual. Miyoung asks herself: Would Donghae change his mind and consider her as his girlfriend type if she study so hard and get famous for dancing? Probably it’s a yes. Because how would Donghae fall for her for being such a useless and unproductive girl?

 

She goes to the library to search for the book that she needs to study for Chemistry. When she got what she needed, she walks through the corridor only to find a couple of girls gossiping around.

 

“Oh, so you’re also joining the dance contest?” Miyoung didn’t know who the girls are, because she didn’t even bother to look at them. She walks slowly to hear what they’re about to say next.

“Of course! Huh.. I know I’ll win” The girl replied. Her tone is like bratty and bousful.

“But I heard your cousin, Krystal is also joining. You’re competing with her? Isn’t that.. Rude?” The other girl, probably the friend of this brat, said.

 

“Rude? I don’t find it rude. Actually, I find it funny ‘cause I know that I’ll win, anyway. Hahaha” The brat chuckled. Miyoung was itchy to look at her, so she did. Then to her shock, she found Yoona and her friends. They walked and passed her. Miyoung was glad. But, no… She’s not.

 

“Hey, hey. Wait!” She heard the girl number 1 yelled. There’s no one in the hallway except for her and Yoona’s friends. Is she by any chance… calling her ?

 

She turns and looks at them, 4 2nd year girls, including Yoona, also looking at her. She points one of her finger at herself, asking if she’s the one they’re calling.

 

“Yes, you! You’re Hwang Miyoung, right?” The girl with a blonde hair asked.

“Neh” Miyoung replied. Still curious what this 2nd year students want from her.

“I heard that you’re also good in dancing. Are you also joining the contest?” The same girl asked. This time, she saw Yoona’s shoulder shrugged a bit and raised her right eyebrows.

 

“Uhmm… Yes” She said in more likely, a whisper. But the group completely heard what she said.

 

“Oh, really?” This time, it’s not the same girl who asked her.. But Yoona herself. “Well, good luck then!” She said while giving her a devilish smile and a raising eyebrows. The group turns around, and walks while giggling and talking. Miyoung, on the other hand, just went back to their classroom and didn’t bother to mind them.

 

---

As they were walking to the parking lot to fetch Miyoung's bike, Minzy suggested that they should go to their favorite ramen house or to the nearest mall just to have fun. Since they all misses bonding and going out after their Jeju trip.

"Err, aren't you guys studying? I mean!! Uhm.. Our exams is near, right?" Miyoung said. Then she saw her friends' eyes like O_O

Obviously, they were shock by her words. The word 'studying' is like a forbidden word for Miyoung, and her friends know that. They know her too well. But apparently, they still don't know that Miyoung is now willing to change. And she's serious with it.

"What? Are you seriously giving me that face?"She said while mountaining her bike. Getting ready to go.

"OMYGOSH TIFFANY. Go home, and I'll probably stab you to death!!" Yuri said, and Miyoung is now padelling her bike.

"And I'll pull your hair until it gets out of your scalp!!" Minzy yelled, but Miyoung is now going out of the school's main gate. But no, she still heard that, and smiled.

 

When she enters their street, she saw Donghae's car. He's parking it outside their house. She stopped, and parked her bike beside his car. Donghae got out of his car, and look at her.

"What?" He asked. What a silly question. 

"What, what?" Miyoung, who's also a silly girl, passed him the silly question.

"Psh" is the only thing he replied. He goes inside the house, and Miyoung followed him. He goes upstairs, and Miyoung also followed him. She's behind him, and because she thought he's not bothered for what she's doing, she just continued following him.

"Seriously, what do you want?!" He turn around and asked her. With an annoyed voice.

"My room is freaking beside your room. I'm not following you!" She said and reaches for her door.

"I didn't even tell you exactly 'why are you following me?'. You're being too obvious" He chuckled, and enters his room. Miyoung, on the other hand, is froze and realize the silly thing she said once again. But then, blushed, realizing that he chuckled.

 

 

She buried her face in her Chemistry, Geometry, and her History book. Trying if there could be a miracle if she stares at them just like that. But a moment later, she finally got the seriousness she needed, and started solving Geometry problems. But when she realized she can't solve a single , she yelled..

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!! T___T" Because it is harder than what she imagined. She sighed loudly, and continue yelling. But this time, it's not that loud.

"Yaaah! Don't shout! Aren't you thinking about your neighbor? Huh?!" She heard someone yelled. 

 

Donghae heard Miyoung's shout, and because it's only a wall that separates their room, he's been bothered by her shout. He can't read his books properly.

"You... You can hear me?" Miyoung said.. an obvious shock in her voice. She didn't realize that a normal yell of her has been heard by Donghae.

"Obviously" He didn't bother replying. With just one word.

"Se... Seriously?!"

"Aishh! Can you just stop talking?!"

"Arassoo.. I'm just a bit.. amazed." She pouts, as if he could see that she's pouting.

 

Miyoung then turn to his book, and continue staring at it. A thought came to her mind.

"What if he hear me saying that I like him?" Miyoung said in her regular voice. Her regular tone. She knows that it is impossible for him to hear that now, because it isn't that really loud. She buried her face in her book, and close her eyes. 

 

...

 

...

 

He's been bothered for what she's doing, and what makes her shout. So he goes out of his room, and slowly enters her room, only to find a sleeping Tiffany. He saw that her head is lying in her books, a very hard and uncomfortable sleeping postion. He's about to go, but his conscience would probably kill him, and he will not have a good sleep.

 

So, he get her blanket, and gently put it on Miyoung's back. He also put away the hair covering her face.. very gently. Then whisper in her ear "goodnight" in a very sweet tone. As if, she could hear him.