Chapter 21

Our Fated Love

Their having their quality time at the living room where Mrs. Lee is telling her stories about her work.

“I’m a manager in a bank, and my work isn’t really that tiring. That’s why I still look young!” Mrs. Hwang, Miyoung and Mr. Lee all laughed. While Donghae is busy watching the television.

“You’re not the only one who’s a manager in the family!” Mr. Lee butted in. Mrs. Lee chuckled. “I’m also a manager in this company who produces the famous gadgets here in Korea” He proudly said.

 

They’re obviously having good times, while Donghae, on the other side remain silent. Miyoung is curious why he is acting like that. Or he usually acts like that? She does not know since she’s been in this house in just less than a month. She wants to know more about Donghae... what he usually do here, what he’s hobbies, what he always want to eat, and etc.

 

“Hmmm.. How about Miyoung?” Mrs. Lee caught Miyoung’s attention. Luckily, because she was staring at Donghae for a minute now. And that isn’t good, for he already caught her before. “What do you want to do after you graduated?”

 

She stares at Mrs. Lee. It is like an ‘undecided stare’. It is the first time someone ask her what she wants to do in the future. Because honestly, she really don’t know. And if she do, how on Earth would she able to have that dream of her.. where she is currently useless. Unable to do anything.

 

“I still don’t know.. “ She paused and thinks for the next words. This is hard.

 

“I.. I think I want to be a dancer.. Someday” She said with a very big hesitation. You can hear in her voice that she isn’t sure f what she said. Should she take her words back?

The elders looked at each other. Even Donghae who was watching the TV stopped and look at her. Miyoung was shocked with their reactions. She thinks it is better to take her words back. But it is too late. They already heard, and they already reacted. Now, what’s on their minds?

 

“Ohhhhhh! Your daughter has a big dream, Inyoung!” Mrs. Lee said with a very shock yet, sweet voice while tapping Mrs. Hwang in her shoulder. Miyoung’s mom seems to be in a state of shock.

“Oh.. I didn’t know that you wanted to be a dancer” She said to her daughter. Miyoung is completely clueless. She doesn’t know what to reply! She shocked her mother too much. She knows that it’ll be another burden for her to work harder and to give Miyoung what she wants in her future. Now, she regrets what she said.

 

“Oh, uhm. ‘Cause I’m still not sure with it, Omma. Let’s see. I still have a year to decide” The moment she said it, Donghae switched off the television and goes to his room. Probably bored, or not in the mood at all. Anyway, there’s no difference when he was there, and when he’s gone. He didn’t give a damn to what they’re talking about. And that is what makes Miyoung curious.

 

“But Miyoung, don’t worry. We’re here to support you! Study hard, and grab your dreams!” Mrs. Lee said with in an encouragement.

 

 

Now, this is it. Miyoung once again felt something squeezing inside her. It’s like, putting the whole world in her hands. She must study hard, because everybody’s expecting her success. Which is she think, not really good at all. To other people, studying is really easy as ABC. What for her, who really doesn’t have a thing for studying, and didn’t had a thing for it at all, it’s a goddamn challenge. It’s like putting her in the boxing ring, where she, the challenger, isn’t trained at all.

 

---

 

Every evening, she and Victoria talks at the phone until they get sleepy. They talk for hours, because they can’t usually do that at school. Miyoung then grabbed the chance to ask her about the dance contest.

 

“Why don’t you join?! I mean, Miyoung! Hello! Dancing is your forte. That is your specialty. If there is one thing you’re only good at, it is only dancing. Not to offend you, okay? But it is really your thing. So why not grab the chance? It’s coming to you, why are you ignoring it?” Vic said.

“I know.. but. Do I have the chance to win? I’m afraid I’ll just lose. I don’t want to waste effort and time for that”

“Be afraid if you do not try. Effort and time? You’re afraid that you’ll just waste it? Oh c’mon, Miyoung! Don’t be such a kid. We’re now grown up. Someday, we’ll have to choose what we have to do in the future. And if I ask you now, what would you answer?” Victoria obviously knows Miyoung too well. Well, she’s really making points. She knows what’s the best for her best friend. And Miyoung felt ashamed that she can’t think as mature as her.

 

“Dancing” Right. She just admitted her lost to Vic.

 

“See?! It’s not that I’m pushing you for this. It’s just that I want to see my best friend in the stage, grabbing her dreams and stars”

 

These words really made Miyoung’s feelings moved. She didn’t imagine Victoria really loves her. She felt sorry because she can’t give her time, comfort, and shoulder to cry on sometimes, as her best friend. But she’s really really grateful for what Vic said. Because by that, Miyoung finally decided.

 

---

 

Days passed and their exam is drawing nearer and nearer. The day of the dance contest is also coming nearer, and none of the 4 has decided yet.

 

Subject teachers are already reminding them to study hard for their examination, which is next week. Those studious and hard-working students in their class burden their heads in their books to study during their free time. Miyoung also want to imitate their good actions, but it is really hard for her. Instead, she chose to study every night in her room.

 

While walking to the cafeteria, Miyoung decided to talk to her friends about the dance contest.

 

“Guys.. I want to tell you something ^^” She said in a low voice, but enough for her friends to hear.

“What is it?” Hyoyeon asked, before stuffing the hamburger into .

“I…” She hesitate a bit. Then sighed. “I think.. I’m joining the dance contest” She finally said it!

 

After her confession, no one from the three reacts. She don’t know if they think it is a bad idea, or they don’t want to support her or anything. She suddenly felt bad for saying it. But finally, Yuri broke the silence.

 

“That’s.. That’s great!” She said. Minzy and Hoyeon look at her, probably asking why the hell she said that. When all them knows that all of them wants to join the contest. But for Yuri, she found it cool.

“Seriously guys, It’s actually great! Tiffany, it’s an ‘okay’ for me. You go for it. It’s your specialty, we all know that. And we also know that you want to help your mom” Yuri said. Then Minzy and Hyoyeon also made up their minds. Thanks to Yuri’s speech.

 

“Uhm.. I guessss. Right! It’s actually for you, Fany. Please go for it and win the contest!!” Minzy said. Hyoyeon smiled at her, as a sign of agreement.

 

 

It’s finally settled. All she have do it is ask permission to her mom, which is not that hard because she know that she’s going to agree anyway, and balance her time in studying for exams, and practicing for the dance contest.

Before going to bed, she enters her mother’s room to talk to her.

 

“Omma…” She found her mother lying in the bed, looking very tired. Seeing her mother like that makes her feel guiltier for not doing anything productive before. And for not at least helping her in the household choirs.

 

Her mother quickly sits up. “Oh, what is it? You’re still awake?”

“I’m about to sleep. I just want to tell you that..” She paused. Then she thinks that if she didn’t ask permission now, then when?

“If I could join our school’s dance contest?”

“Oh.. Really?! Of course, Fany! I’m very grateful that you’re doing well! Please do continue it” Her mom looks very happy.

 

“Neh, Arasso. Thankyou, omma!” She kissed her mom, and big goobye.

 

 

Supporting friends, supporting family. She couldn’t ask for more. She finally made up her mind. Today and starting today, she’ll set up her goals, and do anything so that she could achieve her dreams. It will be really hard, but thinking the benefits that she’ll gain once she put her heart on it, one thing is for sure : It will be worth it.

 

 

*~*~*

 

Whew! I updated again, kekeke!

I know this was a bit boring chapter, but I kinda enjoyed writing this. Because it's kinda relevant for me. I'm still a bit confuse for what I wanna do in the future, so I set my heart while I'm writing this chap :D

let's all wait for another Haefany moment! <3

Oh, and I'm also working for my chapters to be longer enough!

 

And before I forgot!! Well, How would I even forgot? 

To my loyal and friendly readers/chingus, I only have 3 mords for you :

I LOVE YOU ~