Chapter 20

Our Fated Love

[Donghae's POV]

 

We're now home, at last. The only thing I'm looking forward to when we're at Jeju. Seriously, that isn't what I imagined to be. I didn't imagine to be a temporary life saver of someone. Well, it isn't a bad thing though. I helped her. Did I save her life? Well, maybe. And that's a good thing.

I just finish unpacking things, and I just want to rest. I lay down on my bed and shut my eyes. Hoping if I could get some sleep. But the moment I close my eyes, I heard her voice.. saying this words.. 

 

"Tell me.. You are playing with me again, huh? But deep inside, you really don't care!"

 

Then everything went dark.

 

---

 

[Miyoung's POV]

 

I just finish unpacking things and gave mother my present. I can't actually call it a "present/gift" since I bought that necklace at the mall at Jeju for myself actually. But then I remember I haven't bought anything for them yet! Too bad I didn't had time to shop again to buy presents for Mr. and Mrs. Lee :(

 

We just finish dinner, but Donghae didn't eat. Is he asleep? Or he's unpacking his things? until now? hmm.... Should I... Should I.. check? 

I went out of my room, and walk 3 steps and face the door of his room. I slowly reach for the doorknob, and open it. I peak at his room, then.. Yah!! I'm right! He's sleeping!

 

I goes inside his room.. walk slowly.. walk slowly Tiffany.. and don't make any sound or you're a dead meat!... I walk slowly until I reach his bed. Ohhhh.. His face is.. PERFECTION. TOO PERFECT. He sleeps so peacefully. Like, he doesn't have any problems. Like an angel. I walk nearer and reach for his hair. I touch it because.. I just feel like touching it. His hair is soooo smooth. Then I touch his cheeks very softly. Like I'm touching a baby. He's really sleeping too deep, maybe too busy in his own dreams.

 

 

[Donghae's POV]

 

I heard the door being opened. I don't know who is it, trying to go inside my room. Actually, I'm not that really sleeping.. maybe I am just tired and I find resting while eyes closed so relaxing. And I'm also not in the mood to go down and eat. 

There.. the latter is really going inside my room. I heard it's footsteps coming nearer and nearer to me. Oh God, what if this is a serial killer?! No. Probably not. They wont' let anyone go inside our house. Or maybe....

 

Then I smell a girl's perfume... wait. This is... Miyoung's...

 

I felt her hands combing and touching my hair. Then it goes down to my face and cheeks. I can feel her warm hands touching my face like I'm a baby receiving a tender loving care from a mother. I still pretend that I'm asleep. Not only because I'm enjoying what she's doing to me, but also because I want to save her from the embarrassment that she'll get when she find out that I'm damn alive and kicking since she entered my room. Wait,  think I'm being kind. What if I open my eyes, and ? So that she'll stop nagging me and everything between us will get awkward? In that way I can finally live my life peacefully!

But before I can do my project 101, she stopped.

She stopped her mini skin-ship with me. As much as I want to open my eyes right now, to see why did she stop, I force myself not to and still pretend that I'm asleep. 

 

[Miyoung's POV]

 

This is not good! If  woke him up, and he find out that I'm secretly having a skin-ship with him, maybe he'll get mad or.. or worse, stay away from me. And of course, I wouldn't like that. I also can't imagine myself hiding in a closet because of too much embarrassment. I must stop this.

As I turn to go outside his room, I stepped on a handkerchief laying on the floor! I suddenly couldn't balance myself and fell on his bed! No.  fell on him. Literally! I. FELL. ON. HIM.

 

Shoot! > <

 

I close my eyes and wait for an angel who could whisper on my ears that this isn't happening. I waited.. 5 seconds.. still no whisper.. So this is really happening?! Oh my..  am really

"DUMB! err, I am really dumb!" I whispered to myself. "Pabbo. Tiffany you Pabb--"

"Yes, you're dumb"

Did he just... ?

"Now, get up!" 

Omo!! He really woke up!

I'm still laying on his bed. No, laying on top of his legs. I occupied half of his legs, and my back is now aching because of his knees. I want to stand up, and just run this reality. But I can't. I don't know why. I'm stuck.

"Yaaaa! If you didn't stand up, I'll shout that you--" I quickly stand up and run away from this whole damnation without hesitation. I don't care what would he think after this. I don't care if we'll be awkward after this. I just have to run and save my life!

 

 

---

 

[Narrator's POV]

 

Monday morning, and back to normal. School, as usual. Miyoung join Donghae in the table to eat breakfast, and Mr and Mrs. Lee who's going to work early in the morning. It is really awkward between her and Hae. She just snatch a look once in a while, only to find that he's still reading the newspaper while munching his muffins. That's why she have no idea what's in his mind. If he's mad, or whatever. She just don't want a bigger space between the two of them.

Her mom is the only one who cook, do the dishes and other house choirs that's why she's probably now sleeping and resting. She, once again, reminded herself that she should study well, and do all that she can to pay for her mom's hard work. Not only for her mom, but for the Lee family who treat them very well. And not only because of that, also because she has a dream.

As usual, she go to school today by riding her bike. She really don't mind at all. In fact, it's more convenient for her because it didn't cause pollution at all. Miyoung start her day as normal as possible. She hang out with the 3 girls only during breaks while she force herself to listen in every subject teachers. It is harder than what she imagined.

 

"What's wrong with you? Are you sick?" Hyoyeon asked her while touching her forehead. They're hanging out in their favorite place, at the Living Room because it's currently their lunch break.

"What? No, hahaha. I just want to know what's the feeling of being.. studious" She said. In a serious tone. While her friends crack in a loud laughter. She chuckled. She knew that her friends, of course, wouldn't believe in what she's doing. Or if they do, they will still hesitate first and that she can't be successful for what she's thinking.

 

As they are walking back to their classroom, they saw a group of crowded students in the bulletin board. Probably checking something. News. Updates. School activities. The students, mostly girls, are smiling and talking in excitement. So the 4 also went to check what they are talking about. They saw a poster, a colorful poster with a girl's reflection while dancing. And that has words written :

 

 Dance it!

SEOUL University's first ever Dance contest.

If you think you can, you SHOULD!

1 winner for the boys, and 1 for the girls.

This is open for all 2nd year to 4th year students!

 

[for those who want to join, register at the reception area]

The contest will be on : *** *** *** (1 month from now)

 

Note : The winner will get :

130,000 WON and additional grade in Physical Education.

 

 

The moment they read what the poster contains, they all fell silent. Not that they aren't interested, but because they all feel like going. All the 4 has potentials, and all of them are not bad dancers. But 130,000 WON isn't really bad. It's also a big money, and the fact that you'll get a good grade in Physical Education in just one shot, that's really something.

The girls went back to their classroom, without saying a word to each other. Minzy, who's still thinking if she have the enough talent to do so. Yuri, who's thinking if her dance skills could be better if she join. Hyoyeon, who want to join but thinking what if her friends also want to, and of course, she wouldn't want to compete with them. And Miyoung, who's thinking if she'll give a damn about that contest, or just ignore it. But although they didn't seem to be in a mood to talk, they all know what's in each other's feelings. What's on their minds. That's why they decided to just let it pass, and talk to it in some other time.

 

---

Mrs. Bom distributed their test papers with the test results.

 

"Just got 89!" Hyoyeon happily yelled while their waking through the gate, now going home.

"81.. Psh" Minzy said but her tone is like I-really-don't-mind-at-all tone.

"What's yours Yuri?" Hyoyeon asked Yuri.

"85. Not bad though. I didn't study, kekeke" She said then chuckled.

"And, Miyoung?"

"...." She's not answering. instead, she's looking somewhere. Yuri tried to locate where is she looking.

"Oooohhh.. She's looking at her Prince Charming!"

 

Miyoung seems to be deaf at this time. She seems to not understand what her friends are saying. All she know is, she's really not worth it. She's really not good enough.. for him. Yes, she's looking at Donghae who's now starting his car to go home. Seeing him makes her feel... low. Useless. Stupid.

 

 

But she's more than willing to change.