Missing

What's mine is yours, BABE

 

D.O. POV

I slowly woke up from the bright sun shining on my face through the widely opened window. I rolled over onto the cold empty side of the bed realizing Hana wasn’t there. I turned my head to check the time on my phone that was resting on the end table. OMO…11am? Was I that comfortable? Beside my phone was a light pink post-it note from Hana.

 

 


 

‘Kyungsoo,

I’m going to be out of the house for the whole day while I hang out with Min. There’s plenty of food in the fridge, I heard you could cook, you bastard, feed yourself. I’ll be home before dinner. That’s all.

                                                         -Hana’

 

 


 

I scrammed out of bed and threw the sheets off of me then walked into the bathroom to do my business. A sudden feeling of loneliness rushed through my body. Not because Hana was out but because I remembered my dream.

…Flashback to D.O.’s dream…

I was sitting on a large rock close to the edge of the shoreline, watching waves crash upon the many rocks spread across the landscape. I watched as it eroded the tiny pieces from these large rocks, breaking them down slowly until the rock grew smaller and smaller until it was only a grain of sand. That was like the walls of my heart. I began to think of Nara, whom I thought had broken down that wall like a wave, how I loved her. In the end, she became the algae that covered the wet surface protecting the wall from breaking down further. Now, the wall is barred like a prison, nothing can escape. I will never love again.

I found myself calling for her. Calling for her to comeback, but across the horizon was merely just a never ending sea that brought her farther away from me, never to return.

…End of D.O.’s dream…

I stared at the man in mirror. A lifeless slump is what I saw. Soon after, I made my way down to the kitchen and opened the fridge. “There’s plenty of food in the fridge,” she wrote in the note, and Hana was right. Each shelf was filled with a variety of foods for me to cook. If there was anything I loved more than pissing Hana off, it would be cooking. Whether I was happy sad or depressed, I’d cook. But today was different; I just took a slice of ham and microwaved it. Nothing felt right today. But why today? Why couldn’t I have felt this way the day after Nara left me? Oh right… I made a move and got married. The impact of the pain finally got to me. Suddenly the ringing of my phone was heard upstairs. I walked up the stairs in a zombie like fashion, lifeless. The caller ID read: ‘Kkamjong’ it was kai.

“Hello” I said in a bored tone.

“Hyung, are you alright?” It’s funny how quickly he caught on.

“I’m fine. What do you want, Kai?” I asked.

“I was going to ask if you wanted to watch a Jackie Chan movie with us at my place. You should bring-.”

“She’s out. Look, I’m not really in the mood so if you…”

“It’s Nara huh? You can’t forget her. Is that it?” I could feel the frustration of his voice through the phone. Upon hearing his words, I took a long pause to take in that reality. I couldn’t respond. “Hello? Hyung. Hello? Are you there? Hyung.” Kai called out. But I just pressed the ‘end’ button on my phone. I dressed up and left the house, leaving my phone at home.

Hana POV

Min and I were having a great time. We went in and out of stores endlessly. However, I bought things I needed for my new home, like extra pillows and blankets for me to sleep with. All in my favorite color white, like the Namsan Tower, during the day. Min as usual, bought useless things like pretty dresses she knew she’d only wear once or not at all. We passed a store where I had once gone to get my engagement ring polished, that jewelry store. Suddenly a flashback of that guy appeared in my head…

*flashback*

 From that view, I noticed that he had short dark hair, plush lips, and light fair skin. From the looks of it, he must be rich.

 

“Just a moment please~” The lady called out to me then she went right back to helping the man. I curiously looked over the man’s shoulders and saw that he’d been choosing an engagement ring.

 

“I’ll take this one.” He held a gold ring in the air to examine the diamonds on the band

I swear I was astonished by its beauty. The words “OH MY...” loudly and unintentionally escaped from my lips causing both the worker and the guy to turn around in curiosity. This time I was able to see his full face, he had bright round eyes. But he quickly turned back to the ring before I could decide whether he was handsome or not.  I cleared my throat and reiterated. “Ooops, I meant that’s a pretty ring you got there.” I said.

 

“Thanks. I’m planning on proposing to my girlfriend tonight.” He said proudly as he admired the beautiful ring. The lady handed him a red box containing the ring. He took it and paid.

 

“Your girlfriend is very lucky.” I said as he made his way out the door.

 

“Thanks.” He responded as he exited. 

 

*end of flashback*

 

I stared at the ring sitting on my finger now and gasped in realization. Oh my god. Now I knew why this ring looked to familiar. It was not just in my dreams. Kyungsoo was that ‘man’ I had seen here the first time. And this ring…was for Nara…

 

“Hana! Come on! There’s a sale in that store!” Min called, grabbing my attention. She was pointing at the store to the left with huge red banner that read, ALL ITEMS 50% OFF. As we walked in, it was nothing but a children’s toy store. I came across a stuffed wolf that reminded me of Daehyun. I gave it a little frown and lightly punched it on the head. As I progressed down the aisle, another toy caught my eye. It was a pale, round eyed Owl.

It reminded me of Kyungsoo; however, this time I chuckled at the toy like a retarded person, kids looked at me like I was crazy. I brought the toy to the cashier and paid for the owl. As soon as I was done, Min came into the line with a basket full in unnecessary things. But that’s min for you; she buys the first thing she sees. I shook my head at my chingu’s silliness. Afterwards, we had a quick lunch at the café because Min had to attend a dinner with her parents.

 

I drove home, excited about my new Owl. Hmmm…What should I name it? I asked myself. I pulled up into the drive way, got out the car and opened the trunk to get the shopping bags. Now my arms were full, left and right. I rang the doorbell a couple of times but no one came, Dafuq? So I had to drop a few items to fetch the keys from my purse and unlock the door myself.  I picked the stuff off the ground and brought the bags to the room. I looked around and there was no sight of Kyungsoo. He must’ve gone out. I gently placed the owl on the bed and stared at it with adoration. I don’t know why I came to love this stuffed animal; I guess it was just too cute. “I’m going to name you, D.O.” I said to it. ‘D.O’ is Exo’s nickname for Kyungsoo and I found it really silly, It suited the owl better. I was patting it’s head while smiling until *ring* *ring* I looked up at the night table, it was the sound of his phone ringing, D.O. left his phone behind. It's caller ID read: Suho Hyung, so I picked it up.

 

“Hello?” I said.

 

“Oh Hana. Why do you have Kyungsoo’s phone? Are you with him right now?” He said in a worried tone.

 

“He must’ve forgotten it before he left the house. I was gone all day and I just came home. Why, what’s up?” I asked.

 

“Oh no. Kai was telling me earlier saying that Kyungsoo was acting odd when he called him. We’re all worried and no I know why he hasn’t been picking up his phone.” Suho's breaths grew loud on the phone. He was worried.

 

“What’s wrong with Kyungsoo? I thought he was fine yesterday.” I said.

 

“Kai suspects that it’s about his ex-girlfriend, Nara. He thinks that Kyungsoo has finally broken down. We want to be able to comfort him, but who knows where he is? He might be doing something crazy right now.”

 

“Maybe he just went out for some fresh air?” I stated.

 

I don’t think so. It’s really cold outside, he hates the cold. I doubt he’s gone shopping, he hates it… We need to find him, Hana. As exo’s leader, I am really worried.”He said.

 A sudden thought popped in my head, if this is about Nara then…

 

“Uh, Suho Oppa” I said with rush. “I know this isn’t the right time, but it might help if you tell me about Nara.” I told him.

 

“Hmm… where do I start? D.O. first saw Nara at the Sejong Center of Performing Arts Grand Theater here in Seoul. You see, she was just starting her ballet career in the Nutcracker Musical. Why was Kyungsoo watching a ballet, you may ask. He came to support his cousin, Jino, who was a male Ballet dancer and Nara’s leading man in the Musical. Jino had introduced the two after the musical and Kyungsoo thought it was love at first sight. It took Nara a year to finally accept him, and he waited patiently. We almost told him to quit but he was so persistent. Soon, they began dating for 3 years but as their relationship progressed, so did her fame. This is why in the end she picked her career over Kyungsoo and flew to New York to become an established dancer.” Suho explained. I wanted to cry for Kyungsoo, I really did. How could he hold in the pain for so long?

 

“Don’t worry Suho Oppa, I think I know where he might be. As much as I hate him…I’ll try to find him.” I assured him.

 

“Thank you Hana-shi. If anything, call me.” He said. Then we ended it at that. I grabbed my phone and his phone then Ieft the house again. I knew where to go. I sped past cars and switched as many lanes as possible. Eventually, I had reached my destination, Sejong Center of Performing Arts Grand Theater

.

Kyungsoo better be there. It was beautiful, the way the pillars were vertically aligned, especially how the lights shown off the walls. I ran up the stairs and through heavy glass doors. I made my way into the theater and only saw thousands of seats and thousands of rows until I spotted someone sitting in the front row. It was Kyungsoo.


A/N 

Dramatic eeyyy? Poor Kyungsoo. Will he open up to Hana? Or will he keep his wall up?

Hello to my new readers/subbies!! Thank you for reading! I love you all. Tell me what you think in the comments below!

He is asking to tell him WHAT IS LOVE