Meeting the Parents

What's mine is yours, BABE

 

Kyungsoo POV
I walked the busy halls of my family's building with my parents at each of my sides. Mom held onto my arm like I was in kindergarten. It was quite embarrassing. Once we reached my old man's office, i plopped onto the couch.

"Kyungsoo, I'm very excited to meet your wife, I'm sure she's a darling." My mother clasped her hands together expressing her excitement.

"Yeah, she probably is, she married our son after all. Have you seen his temper?" Dad added making my mother stare at him angrily.

"Yeobeo. " Mom hushed him, "He takes after you." She said before turning back to me with a smile.

I stared at both of them annoyed, "Is this dinner really necessary? Aren't you guys busy people? Have places to go? People to see?" I asked, ruffling my tie my tie in frustration.

"Aigoo, I'm never too busy for my son~!" My mother sang. I leaned back and sighed.

I took the time to text Hana for a status update while my parents were busy discussing labels.

Me: What are you doing?

Hana: I'm cooking the stinken' dinner, what else am I doing?
P.S. Dying over here.

Me: Good. Don't forget to vacuum, set the table and throw your junk upstairs so it looks like we sleep together ;)
I chuckled to myself

Hana: What am I? A house wife? And for your information, all of the above has been long done. You're welcome.

I looked up as my dad began to arrange his papers and put them to the side. "Ready?" He asked.

I sent Hana one last text, and I sure had a kick out of this one.
Me: Thanks, Honey.

She must've liked it since I hadn't received a reply.

 

Hana POV
That jerk owes me. He had me running all over the house to tidy up while he just follows his parents around a work. And to think, he actually works hard.

 

My back was aching so I put a hand on my hip for support and used the other to stir the stew. From the looks of it, Kyungsoo's parents have such fancy taste. According to him, his mother has this salmon fettish and his father loves prawns. I seriously had to go through ten recipes for each parent's dish before I actually started cooking. It didn't help that my stomach still felt queasy and my back was hurting. Endurance was key through all of this.

The food was done so I set them properly on the table. I dusted my hands on my dirtied apron and admired the well-dressed table.

Speaking of dressed, It was about time I'd get ready so I ran upstairs and made my way to the closet.

I stood before the shelf of clothes, debating whether I should go casual or dress to impress.
With the benefit of the doubt, I chose a casual yet attractive forest colored-floral dress in order to look presentable for the Do's.


Everything was ready from the set table food to the clean living room. I gave myself a satisfactory pat in the back for all my hard work.

As much as I wanted to nap, I sat on the couch wondering what Kyungsoo's parents would be like, I wondered if his temper was passed onto him and if that same temper would be passed onto the ... baby.

What was I saying? We don't know for sure about this situation though some part of me wished that I was. I guess I can say I’m fretting. Would Kyungsoo stick with me through all of this? But, that would be speaking too soon.

The doorbell rang; I bolted off the couch and straightened my dress. Let’s get this show on the road, I thought, and then I reached for the door knob to open the door.

Without a doubt, it was Kyungsoo with unpleasant look on his face and behind him, his parents. “Play along” he mouthed before placing his hands on my face and, without warning, pecked me a kiss on the lips in front of his parents, “Hi Honey, I missed you!” He played. I put on a fake smile, well not necessarily, but I played along.

Call me ‘honey’ one more time, and you’re sleeping on the couch Do Kyungsoo.

“Come on in, Mr and Mrs. Do.” I gestured and they gladly entered out home. We led them to the living room.

“She’s a beauty, Isn’t she Yeobeo?” Kyungsoo’s mother said to her husband. I can tell where Kyungsoo got his plush lips and round eyes from; however, he inherited his father’s facial structure and bushy eyebrows.  He’s a hybrid of two good looking parents.

“She certainly is,” Mr. Do replied as he smiled and looked at me. “It’s nice to meet you Hana. “ He greeted, extending a hand.”

“You too, Mr. Do.” I said with my hand in his. I shook it.

“Please, call me dad; after all, you’re a part of the family now.” He told me. I saw Kyungsoo roll his eyes.

“Mom…Dad, let’s get this over with and eat already, the food is getting cold.” Kyungsoo said before making his way to the table himself.

I took a chair next to Kyungsoo and his parents sat across from us. I lifted the covers from the main dishes as the steam from the cooked food rose into the air leaving behind a strong appetizing fragrance.

“The food looks delicious!” Ms. Do clapped in excitement, “How did you know I love Salmon?” She asked amazed.

“Kyungsoo told me, and he told me that Mr. Do,” Mr. Do shot a look at me, “I mean, dad, loves prawns.” I said.

“Of course, how considerate of you. Kyungsoo is lucky to have found you, darling.” His mother complimented.

“I’m pleased.” I said, blushing. As we all began to eat, Kyungsoo’s mother was pulling something out of her large bag.

“I brought wine to compliment this delicious dinner.” She said. I realized that we had no wine glasses on the table besides the glasses of water. So I ran to kitchen real quick, took out four and returned to the table.

Ms. Do began to pour the Red wine into the glasses. She handed the first glass to her husband, to Kyungsoo, then to me. I gladly took it but just as I was about to take a sip a hand grabbed my arm and stopped me. I looked up at Kyungsoo in confusion.

“ Don’t risk it.” He said placing my cup back onto the table.

“Don’t risk what?” His father asked. Then Kyungsoo’s eyes widened realizing, his parents heard and then he started to panic.

“Uhh… Hana gets these dreadful allergic reactions to certain wines and I was telling her not to risk it with this one.” He lied. Although, props to him for making it sound so real.

“Oh I’m sorry Hana, I didn’t know.” His mother looked apologetic but I told her it was okay. She turned to her husband, “Look at our Kyungsoo! He’s all grown up, taking care of his wife. Pretty soon he’ll be taking care of his own baby.” She said.

Upon hearing those words, Kyungsoo choked on the shrimp. “Mom!” He yelled. I looked at him questionably and he shook his head.

 

 

 

I didn’t eat much since I knew the consequence would lead me to the toilet. Mr. and Mrs. Do were sweethearts but they talked to darn much that I felt my eyes drooping and my head dropping from tiredness.

Kyungsoo noticed and whispered in my ear, “Go upstairs, you’re tired, I’ll stay here until my parents decide to leave.”

“Are you sure? I’d hate to be rude…” I said and he nodded.

I stood up from my seat and bowed, “I’m sorry that I couldn’t say longer I must rest now, thank you for visiting and it was nice meeting you Mr and Mrs… I mean mom and dad.” I said, that caused them to smile widely.

“It was a pleasure. We’d love to see you again Hana, say, why don’t you and Kyungsoo stop by his niece’s 4th birthday next weekend?” Mr. Do asked.

“Sure, I’d love to.” I agreed, I didn’t want to look at Kyungsoo since I already knew he’d be staring daggers from my acceptance.

Soon after, I greeted them ‘goodnight’ and literally passed out as soon as I reached the bed.

 

 

Kyungsoo POV

Hana went upstairs and I seriously couldn’t wait until my parents left. Goodness.

Dad was talking business and mom was talking marriage; two of my least favorable subjects. I rubbed my temples in discomposure.

“Kyungsoo-ya, now tell me, do you have any plans on giving me a grandchild?” My mom leaned and  asked me. I seemed to kind of tense up when I heard the words ‘grandchild’. “Because if you are, please make it soon! Pretty pretty please! You already know I’m of the age where people tend to get lonely.” She said.

I decided the change the subject or else since I didn’t want to hear her whine. “Mom, it’s getting late. Dad and I have work tomorrow. You should get some rest.” I said.

“He’s right. Let’s head home now.” Dad agreed.

“Aw, alright. “ My mother said sadly.

I walked them to the door and waved them off, “Don’t forget next Saturday!” She called out before getting into the car.

 

 

 

I closed the door behind me and began to throw the dishes into the dishwasher then I headed upstairs. I opened the door to see a sleeping Hana, still in her dress. She laid on the other side of the bed, nearest to the window cuddling her owl. I pulled the blanket over Hana to cover her knowing that tonight would be one of those cold nights again. Luckily she would be sleeping here again.

I changed out of my work clothes and crawled up into bed beside Hana. She probably thinks I’m this heartless man who doesn’t care but she has me all wrong…

I curiously took notice of the hair covering her face and with my finger I brushed it to the side. Her eyes were tightly shut and mouth slightly open.

“Truth be told, I wasn’t pretending with the kiss…” I said, and I could’ve sworn a slight smile formed at the corner of her lip.

Before I knew it, I dozed off over the sheets right next to Hana.