Hopeful

What's mine is yours, BABE

 

Hana POV
"Are you... Are you pregnant?" He asked me. At that point, I stood frozen wishing that what he had said could be unheard.

"I don't know, Kyungsoo..." I looked down at my fidgeting hands in worry.

"Then, we should have you checked by a Doctor." Kyungsoo said urgingly. 

"Alright. As soon as possible, preferably." I agreed. 

"Uh, yeah about that... my parents are coming over tomorrow after work..." He said carefully. I stopped and blinked at him in distraught then placed the ice cream tub onto the counter.

"Are. You. Serious?" I said. Suddenly I felt uneasy inside, literally. I tried to contain it by putting my hand on my stomach but it was untamable. "Oh boy, I think I'm gonna puke." I said as the feeling began to rise. I covered my mouth with my hand just in case.

"I know right, I feel sick too knowing that they're coming here-" He continued with all this gestures and such.

"No, I'm seriously going to puke." I stated and then I recovered my mouth. I pointed a finger in the air asking for one minute,"Excuse me." I excused myself and ran to the bathroom before clearing my stomach of the newly eaten Ice cream. I shortly returned to kitchen where Kyungsoo remained standing.

"You were saying?" I asked. "Your parents right?"

"Let's worry about my parents later. In the meantime, I'll call the local clinic and have you scheduled. " He said.

"Good idea." I said, and my stomach felt at ease.

Kyungsoo, looked through the phone book and began to dial a number, I took a seat next to him on the couch to listen in. It didn't take too long for the serviceman to pick up.

"Hello." He spoke in a professional tone, "I am calling to schedule an appointment with Dr. Cho." he paused to listen. "Alright, I understand...Sure, that would be fine too. Thank you, goodbye." And he ended the call and placed the phone on the coffee table.

"What did they say?" I asked curiously. Kyungsoo stared at the floor and without looking at me he spoke.

"Dr. Cho went on a vacation but we are scheduled for when he comes back, which is in three days." He said.

"Three days?! Kyungsoo, I need to know now-" I whined. "The anxiety is killing me." He suddenly stood up, facing away from me. Kyungsoo's arms began to tense.

"Calm down and go to sleep. You're giving me a headache. Goodnight." He said tonelessly. Kyungsoo was annoyed or mad, either way he was unhappy. About what? That I could possibly be pregnant? It was somewhat discouraging.After having stood there for a few seconds, he soon left to the room upstairs. I tucked myself into my blankets of this couch, thinking about the hell I'd go through for the next 3 days.

Kyungsoo POV
There is a time for everything, they say. However this circumstance came at the wrong turn. My mind was set to focus on my life and my life only. At the very start, everything that I had done was for me and my own happiness. But Hana came along and she became another worry, then my father suddenly called me in and the business became another. Now, there is a possibility that I am a father? All these responsibilities are stacking up on my back. How can I do this alone?

 

I tossed and the bed. This definitely would become another sleepless night. The moon's light was bright against my semi transparent curtains. I stared at with optimism, such an endearing illusion of hope.

I found myself cuddling the owl that I found on this bed that one day. Obviously it was from Hana, which made this object all the more special. I began to pick it up from its feet, flip it, and toss it around. I smiled at it dearly and thought that one day, this owl would belong to someone else and bring the same happiness it gave to me. They would play with it using their tiny hands and feet and sound a cute squeaky giggle.

I returned it to my side and closed my eyes, drifting slowly into sleep.

Somehow, of all my worries, I was hopeful for at least two of them....

...and my father's business was not one of them.


A/N

Sorry for the short update!!! I have a lot to do today but don't worry, I'll make sure to Update tomorrow!

Anticipate the next chapter, Hana meets Kyungsoo's parents for the first time.