Fountain

What's mine is yours, BABE

 

Kyungsoo POV

“What are you doing, Hyung?” Kai asked as he watched me scrub the dishes with soap. He was leaning against the counter next to me.

“Washing the dishes.” I said.

“I mean, what are you doing with your life? And since when do you wash dishes?” Kai asked. I avoided the first question and answered the second one.

“Well, I feel like washing dishes. What about it?”

“Then go home and wash the dishes there. It’s been half a week already and If you keep borrowing my clothes, I have to pay twice the money for laundry.” He said.

“I can’t.” I said looking down at the soapy dishes.

“Why are you so affected by Hana, huh Hyung? What’s going to happen when you go to court 6 months from now?” Kai asked. I dried my hands with a nearby towel and faced Kai this time.

“I don’t know…” I said seriously.

“You really don’t know?” He smirked and brushed the tip if his nose with his thumb. “Come on, you and I both know you have feelings for her. Just admit it already. Hence, deep down inside, you really don’t want this marriage to end.” Kai chuckled deeply, feeling the satisfaction of being right. He began to turn around, leaving me on the kitchen.

“.You. Kai.” I said but he simply waved his hand in the air without turning around.

“Yeah yeah… go home, Hyung.” He said before he was completely out of the kitchen. I abandoned the dishes and went upstairs. I took another shirt from Kai’s closet and headed downstairs.

Kai was in the living room watching TV. “Where are you going?” He asked.

“I have a 4 year old girl’s birthday to go to.” I said.

I put the keys in the ignition and started the car. Stupid Kai. I thought. He always had to be right, which may be the reason why I always find myself at his front porch, at times of need.

 

Hana POV

I spent my days in the loneliest depths of despair. No one would be able to understand how It felt to be me during those days, not even Min. I was alone.

“He’ll come back.” Min told me. And that’s what I thought also. But it’s been 4 days and I was by myself.

Believe me, Min tried. But I was hopeless. As a matter of fact, I was ready to become a mother and the truth was, I wanted it so badly.

In the end, came disappointment, And how dare Kyungsoo tell me it was my entire fault. He was the one who put the idea out there.

 All those sleepless nights and days with no appetites, thinking about what could’ve been. I hated going upstairs and seeing Kyungsoo’s things. I gave the little D.O. owl a few little punches to express my anger.

The phone rang but I refused to answer so I pressed the button allowing them to leave a message.

“Kyung and Hana, mother calling! Anyways, I wanted to remind you that today is Minah’s 4th birthday at 3 o’clock, Dosan Park. I hope to see you there!!”

I stopped to check the calendar. “Oh . It’s already Saturday. And it’s-” I looked at the clock on the wall, “, 2.”

I promised Mrs. Do, I had no choice but to be present. Even if it meant seeing Kyungsoo…

 

I arrived at the park at 3:30 . Mrs. Do saw me and waved her hands in the air to get my attention. I smiled and made my way over to greet her.

“Hello dear.” She greeted with a smile. “I was wondering where you were. Kyungsoo has been here for a while now.” She said. I looked at her confused.

“Kyungsoo is here?” I asked.

She nodded, “Mhm. He took his niece to the playground , over there.” I followed the direction to where she pointed. And to my surprise, there he was carrying the little child in his arms as they climbed up to the slides.

Kyungsoo positioned himself on the side before placing the little girl on his lap and securing her in his arms before sliding down to the bottom. Both of them looked so happy. Kyungsoo looked happy. He picked the girl up and spun her around in his arms as they continued to play.

A smile formed on my face and the words “How sweet,” Subconsciously escaped from my lips.

“They’re inseparable, you know. Kyungsoo really loves his niece.” Mrs. Do commented. She must’ve seen too. Just when I was starting to believe Kyungsoo was a heartless figure, my opinion changed again.

Who knew Do Kyungsoo had a heart?

I was able to meet a few of Kyungsoo’s family and they were all pretty welcoming. I sat and chatted with some of his cousin until Kyungsoo returned with Minah clinging onto his neck.

“Minyeon.” He called out to Minah’s mother, “Minah said she needs to use the potty, can you take her?” He asked.

“No, I want uncle to go with me!” The child whined.

“Kyungsoo, my hands are full right now, I’m trying to set up the tables here…” Minyeon said, carrying the utensils.

“I’ll take her” I stood up. Kyungsoo froze and his eyes widened when he saw me.

“Alright, Hana will go with you.” Minyeon said to them. Before I got ready to go, she mouthed out a “Thank you.” I smiled back in response.

Kyungsoo and I walked with a distance, neither of us speaking. He carried Minah in her arms. She  kept looking at me with her tiny eyes and turned to Kyungsoo “Who is that girl, Uncle Kyungsoo?” Minah asked.

He hesitated, “Uh..she’s uhh… my wife.” He said. Minah looked back at me.

“Annyeong!” I said to the little girl.

“What is your name?” She asked in her high squeaky voice.

“Hana.” I answered.

“If you are Uncle Kyungsoo’s wife then you are my Auntie Hana!” She threw her hands in the air and giggled. Minah turned back to her uncle , “Uncle Kyungsoo.” She said.

“Mm?” He sounded.

 “Do you love auntie Hana?” Minah asked, holding her hand where her heart is supposed to be. I smiled at her cuteness.

“Aren’t you a little too young to know about love, Minah?” Kyungsoo tapped her nose and she giggled.

“But Mommy always says I love you to Daddy because she loves Daddy.” Minah explained.

Kyungsoo smiled and shook his head at her silliness, “You’re too cute.”

“We’re here. “ I said as we stopped in front of the bathroom.

“Auntie Hana will take you potty okay? I’ll be right outside, okay?” He said before handing Minah to me.

After she finished. I took her out and there was Kyungsoo leaning his back against a tree, he didn’t see us. Minah let go of my hand and ran towards him, “Uncle Kyungsoo!!” She yelled! He looked up and smiled at the girl before holding her in his arms.

 

By the time we returned to the party, the birthday girl was sleep in Kyungsoo’s arms. The party ended earlier than expected since Minah was tired and there wasn’t a point anymore since she would cry whenever her mom tried to wake her up so that she could blow her candles.

But it was Kyungsoo who approached me, “Hana, would you like to take a walk the fountain with me?” He asked.

I nodded and followed him out of the grass and into the walkway.

It was silent for a while until… “I’m sorry-“ Be both said. “Go ahead.” I said. He nodded.

“I shouldn’t have blamed you, Hana. And it really was a douche move for me to say what I said. I seriously didn’t mean it. I was upset at the moment and mostly upset with myself.”

“I was upset too and you left me alone to cope by myself. Whatever happened to ‘I’ll be here’?” I asked.

“I know… and I apologize. Spending time at Kai’s made me realize the reason why I was so sad.” He explained.

“Then why?” I asked. He stopped walking. I realized we had reached the large fountain already. I looked at it but Kyungsoo’s eyes never left me. He took my hands and I looked down at them then at him.

“I was ready to start a new life with you and the baby. You have no idea how excited I was.” He confessed. At that moment, my heart was pounding.

“Kyungsoo-yah…” I managed to say breathlessly.

“I was stupid and scared to show that I cared knowing that one day you wouldn’t be by my side anymore. I was afraid to lose you. But now I’m not.” He said. What is he trying to say? He stepped closer, still holding my hands. “You don’t need to worry about being alone anymore…” He said before he leaned in and kissed me passionately on the lips. It was genuine this time because Kyungsoo didn’t need to worry about pretending anymore.

It was quite a romantic scene, actually; With the fountain spurting in the back and the sun setting behind the hills of the park.

Kyungsoo pulled away and rested his forehead against mine.

“…because I will never leave you again, Mrs. Do.” He vowed.

 


 

A/N

How's that for a double update? =D Friends?