Results

What's mine is yours, BABE

 

Hana POV

Today was the day. Everything will change one way or the other…

I sat back on my chair taking even breaths to calm myself. I closed my eyes , hoping that things would be alright. Thinking that I’d have to accept whatever the result was, baby or not. A part of me already knew what I wanted and that same part also knew that I didn’t want to be disappointed with the outcome.

“Mrs. Do, Dr. Cho is ready to see you.” I heard the nurse call among the many people in the waiting room. I opened my eyes and Kyungsoo was there. He held his hand out in front of me and I took a moment to stare at it. I was nervous; not ready to face the truth. But Kyungsoo was there, I believed that he wouldn’t abandon me, or at least hoped he wouldn’t.

I took a deep breath before hesitantly gripping Kyungsoo’s hand. He helped me up and we made our way to the nurse. She greeted us with a friendly smile. “Hello. So are you ready?” she asked. I smiled shly, holding onto Kyungsoo’s arm and looked up at him. He gave me a nod and I looked back at the nurse.

“Yes.” I said. Then we followed the nurse as she led us down the hall to the doctor’s room.

She knocked first, waiting for the doctor’s signal before opening it. “You may go in” The nurse held the door open and gestured for me to come in. “But, I’m afraid the husband has to stay outside until we get the results. I’m sorry about that.” She said.

I stayed at the side door, halting myself from entering the room.

“What’s wrong?” It was Kyungsoo who asked behind me. I turned around to face him with worried eyes.

“I’m scared.” I admit. “What if…What if I am pregnant?” I asked him.

“Then we will raise the child together. Simple as that.” He said as if this was as easy as blinking. I pouted and shrugged my shoulders, “Look, just hurry and let them take the tests. The Dr. is waiting. I’ll be out here anyways.” Kyungsoo put his arms on my shoulders and turned me around, slightly pushing me into the room. “I’ll be here.” He said in a comforting tone. Then the nurse closed the door behind me…

 I became anxious. Kyungsoo is outside the room I told myself.

Kyungsoo POV

The nurse pulled a chair up for me to sit on while I waited by the door. For that period of time, nurses came in and out of the room.  I checked my watch and It’s nearly been an hour since Hana entered the room.

She’s scared and I can’t be in there with her. That thought made me all the more concerned. I just wished for her to be done already.

I fiddled with my fingers to keep down the tension.  Until I heard the door next to me open. It was the doctor; he peeked out the door until he found me.

“You may come in now, we have the results.” Dr. Cho said.

I got up out of my seat and followed him in. Hana was already seated on a chair against the wall. There was an available chair next to her so I took it. She was looking down at the floor, a nervous wreck. But as I approached her, he looked up at me. I saw it in her eyes , she was ready to breakdown any moment.

I sat next to her and rubbed her back with my hand, “It will be alright.” I said.

The doctor got situated in front of us, holding the result in his hand.

“Mr. and Mrs. Do., we’re taken thorough tests and here in my hands is the result.  The reason for your nausea and abdominal pain is not due to pregnancy. It is believed that you have been experiencing severe food poisoning which can also be mistaken for morning sickness. I understand that. As for the back pains and missed periods, those elements can be associated with stress. So, I am sorry to say, you aren’t pregnant.”

And at that moment, I felt as if my soul had been taken out of my body. All of my emotions and feelings, were not gone far away. I couldn’t feel anything anymore.  The beating of my heart turned into a silent drum. I became another soulless creature. I might’ve as well been called dead.

I slowly turned to see Hana’s face in her hands, she sobbed quietly while I sat there numb and confounded.

“Don’t worry, you two are young. You have plenty of time to make beautiful children.” The doctor said.

That’s if Hana will be in my life 6 months from now….

 

 

We arrived home. And neither of us spoke a word in the car, drowned by the silence, and lost in our own thoughts.

“How can I be so stupid?” I turned around to look at Hana who spoke lifelessly. Her eyes were already swollen and her nose, red.

“You’re damn right about that!” I yelled, as I threw my coat on the floor. “If you didn’t…” I was about to continue the sentence but I contained myself and started toward the stairs.

“Oh, so this is entirely MY fault? If I didn’t what?...” Hana raised her voice from behind me. She approached me from behind and made me turn around to face her. “If I didn’t what, Kyungsoo?!” She cried.

“If you didn’t eat that stupid food before we left Jeju, we wouldn’t be in this situation! And I wouldn’t be so disap- Just forget it. I’m done with all of this crap.” I stopped and changed my direction.  “You know what? It’s better off that you’re not pregnant.” I said.

She looked at me shocked. I watched a small tear make its way down her cheek and sink into her shirt.

“I…I didn’t mean…” I began to say. Before I knew it, I felt a painful sting across my right cheek. I surely deserved that slap.

"You know what? You’re no different than Daehyun, you both know how to put the blame on others besides yourself!” Hana wailed. Tears streamed from her eyes. I couldn’t bear see her hurt , especially when it was because of me.

So I left the house.

Here I go again; running away from my problems as if it could actually help...

I found myself on the way to only person I could turn to when I was in time of need, Kai.

I parked my car on curb of the sidewalk and approached the front steps of his door. As soon as I was at the door, I rang the doorbell and waited until Kai opened the door. He rubbed his eyes as if he had just woken up, “Hyung, what’s up?” He asked in a groggy voice.

“I need a place to stay tonight.” I said.

 


 

A/N

Sad chapter guys...