She's Back

What's mine is yours, BABE

D.O. Pov
Hana was watching TV downstairs and I was upstairs preparing my work attire for tomorrow. I’ve been juggling time spent with Hana and time spent on work. I was now a very busy man.

As Yoonhee said, “Time is running out.” and court was no less than 2 days away now. Hana and I had nothing to fear nor fret about.

As I set the clothes on top of the dresser, my cell phone rang. I went over to the nightstand to pick it up and see who was calling, however, it appeared to be an unknown number.

I curiously pressed ‘Answer’ and put the phone up to my ear. “Hello?” I spoke.

There was a slight pause then, “Honey, I’m back...” I gulped as my eyes widened. I dropped my arm to my side and stood there. No...

No one has called me ‘honey’ for almost 10 months now. It couldn’t be... Nara?

I almost forgot she was still on the line when I returned the phone to my ear.

“Kyungsoo-yah. Honey? You still there?”  I could still hear her talking. I looked out the room and saw Hana still happily sitting on the couch watching something before I slightly closed the door and spoke.

“Look Nara, I think we need to talk.” I tried to speak as quiet as possible so that Hana wouldn’t have to hear.

“I agree. I’d love to see you! How about lunch at our favorite Italian restaurant?” Nara asked.

“We really need to talk. Things have changed, Nara. I hope you know that.” I said that.

“Of course, Honey. So how about it?”

“Okay, let’s make it quick, I have work shortly after.” I told her.

“Oooh, my Kyungsoo is a working man now? Things definitely have changed.” She said excitedly.

“Uhm... yeah, I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye.” I didn’t even wait for her side to press the ‘end’ button, I did it immediately.

I crawled into bed and sat there thinking about how I’d tell Hana.

I don’t need to tell her right? She doesn’t have to know. I’ll just go in, tell her its over, then get out.  Nara can hate me for all I care. I just don’t want her to get in the way of my marriage. We’re happy now and it shouldn’t be ruined because of her.

Hana came up and went to the other side of the bed to sleep. She gave me a peck on the lips before laying down. “Goodnight Kyungsoo.” She said.

“Goodnight.”

I slept late thinking about it.

Maybe it was a bad idea after all...


Hana POV
I woke up immediately to the constant buzzing of Kyungsoo’s phone. Kyungsoo didn’t seem to be bothered because he continued to sleep, he must’ve stayed up all night.

I picked his phone up, wanting to silence it but several texts popped up on the screen. I didn’t mean to read them but they were just there. He’s been receiving texts from this unknown number all morning.

Texts like:

“-Goodmorning, Kyungsoo!”

-Are you awake yet? Probably not, huh.

-I’m super excited for our lunch plans! I can’t wait to see you!

-Still sleeping? grr... Our Kyungsoo is quite the sleeper.

-I’ll just meet you at the restaurant later then. I’ll be waiting!

Who the ? My blood was boiling. Who the hell is this annoying person? It better not be a girl. What is Kyungsoo hiding from me?

I was hoping that he’d help me later...



I was putting some fruits in the blender when I heard footsteps going down the stairs. Maybe he’s going to tell me, I thought.

I stopped what I was doing and leaned on the counter waiting for him to enter the kitchen. And he did. Kyungsoo was already dressed in his work clothes and it was only 11. Work didn’t start til’ 2pm. Hmm...

I walked to him and adjusted his tie for him. “Leaving so early?” I asked still fixing it.

“Mhm.” He sounded. I stopped and looked at him, waiting for him to continue but he didn’t. I guess I’ll have to get it out of him, myself.

“Oh, so you’ll be heading to work 2 hours in advance?” I lingered and leaned on the counter.

“I-I guess so?” He answered. Sounds iffy..

“So you won’t be having lunch before you leave? Wouldn’t you get hungry?” I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders, “Uhhh... I’ll grab something in the breakroom at work. I uh...” He started to look panicked as if in a rush. Still won’t admit it huh?

“No plans for today? Don’t you have people to see, places to go? None of that? Like I said, it’s awfully early.”

“You’re acting strange, Hana. What’s with all the questions? There’s a lot of things that I have to get done today. Okay? I have to go.” He said and left the kitchen.

Bull. I waited and got into my car and followed him...


D.O. Pov
I parked the car on the curb and saw Nara waving at me from the outside patio of the Italian Bistro. I came and took the seat that she save for me. The waiter came and served us a glass of ice cold water.

“Wow, Kyungsoo. You look good.” She complimented me, eyeing me... all over.

“Uh... yeah. Nara, I don’t have much time.” I said. I felt horrible for deceiving Hana. I was full of guilt and regret. “ Maybe I’ll just go.” I stood up and she caught my arm to stop me.

“But you just got here. Please, just stay a couple of minutes?” She begged. I sighed and sat back down. “Thanks Honey.” She put a hand over mine but I pulled back.

“Nara.” I called as if she were to be scorned for doing something bad. “ Things changed. I’m not the same Kyungsoo I was-”

“I like your new hair today, it’s styled nice today.” She cut me off with a smile.

“No, I’ve become a better-”

“You’re just as handsome as you always were,Honey, same old Kyungsoo.” She cut me off again, ignoring the fact that I was even trying to tell her something.

“Stop with the ‘Honey’, I’m not yours anymore, ever since the day you left me, Nara. It’s over.  I just wanted you to know that.” I said, trying to act as calm as possible.

“You don’t understand, Hon-” She stopped herself from saying the word and corrected herself , “ Kyungsoo, I came back for you.” My jaw dropped.

I stood up trying to walk away again “I’m sorry.” I said before turning away and walking off into the sidewalk.

I was far enough when I heard footsteps running to me, before I knew it. Arms wrapped around my waist tightly. “Please don’t, Kyungsoo. Please don’t leave.” I removed Nara’s arms around me and when I should’ve continued to walk away I turned around one last time.

But as I turned, she pulled me in and kissed me. “Don’t tell me you don’t feel anything.” What the hell?!

I forcefully pushed her off of me. “What do you think you’re doing?! I’m married!” I yelled.

She gasped and put her hands over , “ Oh my god. I’m sorry, I didn’t know. Oh god...” I patted her shoulder. “Well I wish you happiness. I guess this is goodbye then.” She put her hand out.

I took it and shook her hand. “Goodbye.”


Hana Pov
I was seated as far as possible and although I couldn’t hear anything. I saw it all... After seeing them kiss, I left.

WHAT.A.LIAR. I was fooled again. Stupid, Hana. What did I deserve to be treated this way? Right, I trust too easily. Tough girl, weak heart, yep. That’s me.

I wiped the tears on my face and clutched the steering wheel.

See you tomorrow in court, Do Kyungsoo. Let’s end this once and for all.