Symptoms

What's mine is yours, BABE

 

Hana POV

I slowly awoke from the annoying throbbing of my head…scratch that, the throbbing of MY WHOLE BODY. Bizarre. I was rubbing my temples in discomposure. Suddenly the room felt cold and it had a lot to do with the fact that I was…?!?! Woah woah woah… It was certainly confirmed as soon as I checked below the white linen. Breathe Hana… I told myself before I looked to my left as calmly as possible... My eyes popped out of their sockets as soon as I identified the shirtless sleeping figure next to me. It was then, I began to hyperventilate, my breaths were advancing rapidly and I was freaking out like crazy.

No no no! I did not just sleep with Do Kyungsoo last night…I can’t believe it. And what’s worse is , this isn’t even the first time! Oh god… I began to slap my palm against my forehead in frustration.

I tried to escape from this mess but with one step off the bed, I tumbled onto the ground creating a heavy thud. Apparently I wasn’t the only one infringed by the sound… Kyungsoo started to move restlessly.

“What the…” I heard Kyungsoo say as he scratched the back of his head. He was raising his head from his pillow when I screamed,

“STOP! Keep your head down!” I stalled so that I could crawl to the edge of the bed and grab the top blanket to wrap around my bare body. As I predicted. In less than a minute Kyungsoo lifted his head from the pillow without delay. “Yah byunte, I never said that you can put your head up.” I jested while pointing my finger at him.

Despite my hateful words, Kyungsoo went on his side with his head rested on his hand supported by his elbow. He just laid there and watched me sit on the floor, somewhat sore. Kyungsoo seemed amused as depicted by his ever so artful smirk. “Good morning to you, too.” He answered, “ And byunte? Hmmm... don’t act like you didn’t find last night the least bit satisfying.  Enjoyable. Oh  how about, pleasing? No? Because, to me it sure seemed like you did, regarding the fact that you moaned in my ear so loud, I nearly went deaf.” He justified. I suddenly blushed out of shame.

“Oh I wouldn’t be talking if I were you.” I warned, glaring at him angrily, "You came on to me first!” I snapped as I pointed at myself.

“I never said I didn’t enjoy myself… did I.” He threw on a satisfactory smirk.

“You disgust me Do Kyungsoo.” I said as I attempted to get up on my feet. My legs failed once more which resulted in me finding myself in the same spot I was in no less than a minute ago.

“Need a hand?” Kyungsoo asked.

“No.THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT.” I said, glaring at the smiling Kyungsoo.  If my lower body wasn’t so sore, I'd run over there and suffocate him with a pillow. I got this. I assured myself. This time with all the strength I had, I finally got up on my feet, still with the blanket wrapped around me and waddled to the bathroom  about 2 steps away. Kyungsoo sure had a kick out of that.

This has got to be the worst morning ever… I was glad to have finally reached the bathroom away from Kyungsoo. The thought of his face irked me. I leaned my back on the sink and reflected on what just happened. Why didn’t I stop it from happening?! Unless I… no, Hana no! Why would I want ‘it’ from Kyungoo. Stupid stupid stupid. I gave myself good hard facepalm. This can’t get any worse, right?

I spoke too soon…

Inevitably, I turned around to face the sink this time, with the mirror in front of me. I briskly caught a glance of not just one but three circular marks on my neck! They were on the verge of bruising with blotches of purple.

 

D.O. POV

While Hana was in the bathroom, I decided that I might’ve as well got dressed and start packing. Three days sure went by fast and I’m sure as hell Hana had fun. What a way to spend the last night though…

I was in the midst of putting on my pants when an ear piercing shriek was heard coming from the bathroom. Suddenly, the door burst open and out came a pissed Hana. Mind you, she looked like a wack job, literally.

“Woah… what happened to y-“I was asking but she cut me off.
“WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?” She asked as she pulled her hair away from her neck showing three. Noticeable. Hickeys.

“Ooops.” I gulped because right then, her eyes had this eerie feel to them like she wanted to kill me.  I backed up as she walked unsteadily towards me in pace, it was quite frightening. I halted to a dead end when I backed up all the way to the wall.

Let’s just say, Hana got her revenge alright,  ending with her passing out on the bed again having hit me so many times with the god damn pillow.

Truth be told, Lee Hana is one crazy chic.

Hana was not in a good mood this morning. Although to my account, just watching her walk or rather wobble made my day. We were at the airport already when Min called. I watched she Hana picked up her phone, “Hello? Min where are you? The flight leaves in…WHAT?!” She abruptly stopped and her eyes widened. “What do you mean you’re staying?... But but but, Oh alright…Have fun, bye.” Hana hung up her phone and turned around to face me. “I guess it’s just you and me again.”

“ Sweeeeet.” I joked, she shot me a glare.

“Anyways, the plane is departing soon, hurry up!” She said.

“We wouldn’t need to be in a rush if you didn’t stop to buy those fish sticks, the odor was so unpleasant to my nose.” I complained as we sped walked to the gate of the plane.

“I was hungry, what did you expect me to do, starve to death?” Hana argued had she not realized that we’d be on the plane soon.

After having argued the whole way, we finally made it to board the plane on time. I took the window seat first having known about Hana’s phobia. For the time being, I sat comfortable as we began take off. Hana looked the bit comfortable. As the plane began to lift into the air she began to tense up leaning closer to my side. How cute.

The flight back to Seoul didn’t take too long for the reason that we slept all the way there.

 

 

It’s been a couple days since the trip and that was when my father began to call. It had been kind of a strain of some sort considering that, he wanted to me get prepare to take over his business. But in this circumstance, I wasn’t ready.

It was late in the afternoon and my phone rung as I was about to head downstairs. I immediately picked it up after having read the caller ID. ‘Dad’.

“Hello, Dad.” I greeted.

“Kyungsoo-ah, I would like you to come to the building today. I will show you some settings and procedures.” He advised. I sat on the edge of the bed, putting some thought on what I’d do.

“But Dad, don’t you think it’s too early? You can still run the business very well, I don’t understand.” I told him.

“Kyungsoo-ah, you are my only son. I’m getting old and anything can happen to me. I just want you to be ready to take on this responsibility.” Dad pushed.

“But that’s the thing, I’m not ready.” I said.

“And I can help you with that. You know, your mother is doing the best she can do to help out over here, you don’t expect her to do everything do you?”

“I guess you’re right.” My shoulders slumped.

“That’s great. Oh by the way, I saw your friend Kai at the bank the other day and oh never mind, come over and we’ll talk. Arrasseo?”

“Alright, I’ll be there.” I said before pressing the end button.

Just before I made my way to the door, I happened to pass by the opened bathroom seeing Hana kneeled clutching the sides of the toilet. She pulled her hair away from her face and her face just above the bowl. She painfully vomited which then shocked me from worry. I watched as she did so once more.

“Hana, are you okay?” I called from where I stood outside the bathroom. Stupid, Of course she’s not okay. But somehow, that was the only way I was able my worry. She nodded then raised her arm and threw a weak thumbs up in the air. She wiped with the other. “Silly, you’re not okay. Come.” I went behind her and hooked my arms under hers to lift her up. She unstably stood and held her stomach.

“Gosh, this .” Hana slurred. I supported her with two arms as we walked all the way to the couch to have her lay down. She had her pillow beneath her head for elevation. I left her to fetch a glass of water and found her asleep when I returned. I gently placed the glass on the coffee table before getting ready to head out until I heard, “Wait” She wavered. I turned around to look at her. “Where are you going?” Hana asked in a shaky tone.

“Dad’s business.” I told her.

She nodded her head, “Mmkay, buy me icecream when you come back please…” Hana said before drifting to sleep again. I made at a face at her random request. Silly girl.

 

 

“Kyungsoo-yah! My son!” My father stood up from his chair to greet me. “Come, sit.” He motioned towards the black leathered couches.

“So, what important job do you need me ‘assess’?” I said to get straight to the point, quoting ‘asses’ with my fingers.

“As you already know, our company is a huge manufacturer of consumer products. It will be your responsibility to manage the products that come in and out of the country.” Dad said in his head honcho tone.

“How exciting” I said as sarcastically as possibly. I blew a raspberry and leaned back all the way on the couch.

“I know, I know this sounds like a lot of work. But it’s very efficient.  It’s not like you have a job anyways. How are you going to support your wife?” My dad said.

“Wife?” I repeated his last word.

“Yeah, I ran into your friend Kai, he’s a dance teacher now? Anyways, I was at the bank and he told me you were happily married. ” Kai, you just wait what’s coming for you… “Why didn’t you tell me? You didn’t even bother invite your old man to your wedding?” He continued.

“It was a private wedding, no one came. Literally.” I briefly said.

“I would love to meet her. How about dinner at your home after work tomorrow?”

“Actually, that’s- wait, I’m coming back tomorrow?!?! Wha-“

“Great! It’s set. And of course! Your mother will be here tomorrow and she misses you dearly.” He cut me off, not letting me finish.

 Dad showed me around the place. We watched the workers, fill, label, and mark the products. He was teaching me how to check the company’s stocks and where to track them on the computer. Apparently this job included stacks and stacks of papers waiting to be approved. It was a restless day.

 

 

I came home and immediately took my shoes off with the bag of icecrea, in my hand. But Hana wasn’t on the couch. During the time that I called out her name she had just gloomily trudged out of the bathroom rubbing her stomach.

“What’s with the face? You look like you came out of some horror movie.”  I said.

“Shut up. I just threw up half the food I ate, how do you expect  someone to look good after having done that? Hmmm?” She complained walking into the kitchen. I followed behind her and placed the icecream boxes  on the counter.

“Still throwing up?” I asked.

“For days… like seriously, I can’t eat or I’ll throw up, I swear it’s a pain in the .”

“Well then I guess you won’t want these anymore then I can just throw them away.” I said pointing at three tubs of ice cream. She turned around and her eyes gleamed at the sight. 

“Oh my god! DO NOT TOUCH MY ICECREAM OR I’LL KILL YOU.” She threated defensively.  

“I didn’t know which flavor you’d like so I brought choices to pick from.” I said as I watched Hana put away the two tubs in the freezer leaving one on the counter. She then grabbed a spoon and began to dig into the cookies n’ cream flavor furiously. “I’ve been craving this for days.” She said between spoonfuls.

I chuckled at the sight, “ Yah! Calm down or you’ll puke again.” WAIT. Throwing up. Restlessness. Cravings. The only thing missing is… “Hana, when was your last period?” I asked out of thought.

Hana spit that scoop back into the tub, “ Yah byunte, why are you so concerned about my...OMO.” Hana froze then began counting on her fingers and as soon as she stopped on the fifth finger, she looked at me straight in the eyes with worry. “I’m a week late…”

Are you…are you Pregnant?” I hesitantly asked.