The Winner is...

When Brainiacs Fall in Love

-----

Sunmi's POV

 

I had then told Yuri that I got into Finals. And she was excited for me as much as I was. She promised to attend, since it is in the morning. While her performance is later in the evening.

Yuri and I walked linking arms into the school the next day. "Good Luck Bestie!" She wished me luck as we sat down in the classroom.

"Alright, let's start with the round for the Third and Fourth placers." Miss Park announced. "Come on over Key and Onew!" 

Onew and Key took their seats for the quiz. Key was his usual diva self and Onew composed himself fo th quiz.

Onew was leading by 5 points and it didn't look as if Key could catch up. He practically gave up as of now anyways. In the end Onew won and Key acted like he didn't care but we all knew he cared A LOT.

"Congratulations to Lee Jinki! Who is in Third place in this Speed Quiz Competition!" She announced as she handed him a certificate and a miniature bronze trophy with 'Lee Jinki' engraved on the plaque.

"Congratulations also to Kim Kibum, who won 4th place!" She announced as she handed him a medal with 'Kim Kibum, 4th Placer, Science Speed Quiz' engraved on it.

The dreaded time has come. I don't want to go up next. "Good Luck Honey!" She pumped her fist. And so did my Fangirls. I was so nervous inside.

What am I thinking, this could be my chance to shine. This could be the day that I, Choi Sunmi, can finally beat Lee Taemin. This is the chance that I had been waiting for and I don't want to miss it.

 

"OK! It's what all of you have been waiting for. The competition between Lee Taemin and Choi Sunmi. Who are currently the smartest in the school as of now." Miss Park Smiled. "Please take your seats"

I took my seat, and glanced at Taemin who wore the same smirk as he did last year. I hope I win this!

"OK, Let's Start!" Miss Park shouted.

 

Taemin and I were neck and neck

 

"The two are finally tied, here's the next question." Miss Park said. "Alright, explain Newton's theory of the colour spectrum."

I pressed the buzzer. Yes! I beat Taemin to it! "Newton's theory of the Colour Spectrum is that, Light is made up of seven colours. The colours of the rainbow." You answered confidently.

"That is correct." Miss Park clapped. Yuri had did a 'fighting' towards me.

I smirked towards Taemin. But he had that look, that gaze, the gaze of confidence. It was all there, it was as if there was a blaze surrounding him. I know that look, it's the look he has when he's about to win.

"The next question is, Which part of the body excretes gastric acid?" She asked. I know this one! But before I could reach the buzzer, Taemin had already pressed his. How fast was that.

"Stomach. The stomach excretes gastric acids." Taemin said oh-so-confidently. "That is correct! Oh my, you two are once again tied." Miss Park said.

Three question later, Taemin had started to widen the gap between us. At this point, I didn't want him to beat me. I wanted the pleasure in beating him!

I had managed to somehow, catch up to Taemin. Hahaha, that's what you get!

"Alright, we only have time for one question! It's the tie-breaker for this competition." Miss Park said excitedly. "You ready?" Both Taemin and I nodded our Head.

"Go Sunmi!" My fangirls screamed.

"So for todays last and final question. It is..." She paused. "In what comdition does bacteria grow?"

I know this one, I read this before. I pressed the buzzer as soon as possible.

"Bacteria grow in moist and cold conditions." I answered. Miss park looked at her cue card in dismay.

"I'm sorry Sunmi, but that is incorrect. I'm afraid I'll have to pass this question on to the opposition, which is Taemin." Noooo! Taemins going to win, I bowed my head in shame waiting for the out come.

"The conditions in which bacteria grow is moist and warm." Taemin said confidently. I mean he answered all the questions right in this speed quiz today. I'm so foolish in thinking I could win.

"Well done! Congratualtions to Taemin, the winner and current champion of the Science Speed Quiz!" Miss Park clapped. "Also congratulations to Sunmi for containing 2nd place again!" She just had to put it there, didn't she? FML.

"Let's not forget about Lee Jinki who managed to take the 3rd place and Kim Kibum conquering the 4th place in this Science Speed Quiz!" She handed them their medals and certificates.

"Thank you to all those who had participated! now lets give them one more round of applause!" She clapped and everyone joined in.

"It's OK Sunmi! We still LOVE you!" My fangirls screamed.

"Go Taemin Oppa!" Taemin's fangirls screamed, then that's when the fangirl war started. Again.

"It's OK guy, you don't have to fight them. It isn't worth it." I said and they obeyed. "Neh, Unnie!" They chorused. Well my fangirls did, Taemin had to stop his.

"Awww, it's okay Hun!" Yuri pulled me into yet another hug. "As your fangirls had already said. It doesn't matter, I still love you." She smiled and pulled back from the hug. "You did really good. Just like what Beyonce said, 'Who run the world? Girls!'" She laughed and I joined in.

"Thank Yuri, thank you for being her." I smiled. "I love you!" I formed a heart with my hands and gave her the biggest hug. "No probs Bestie! Sorry but, I have to practice with the other girls. Remember to drop by backstage before the concert, OK?" I nodded.

"You have the VIP tickets I gave you, right?" She asked. "Yes Umma!" I joked "Better, alright, see you at 6" She smiled as she exited the classroom.

"Hey Sunmi." Taemin approached me. "Sup Taemin, Congratulations by the way."

"Thanks, hey, you did good today as well!" Taemin smiled. "Since I won, and I was a little competetive, I wanted to treat you to some milk."

"Sure, I'm a er for free milk." I smiled. "Yeah, I bet you're a er for anything free. And by free, you know what I mean," He wriggled his eyebrows. By instinct, I smacked him on the arm.

"Let's go!" He pulled me out of the room.

 

------

 

No One's POV

 

We had arrived at the closest convenience store. We both knew the store owner.

"Anyeong Ahjumma!" You waved like a five year-old. While Taemin just stood their and gave a simple wave. "Oh, Taemin and Sunmi! I haven't seen you guys in a while!" The Ahjumma exclaimed.

"Omo, how long has it been. Omo! Taemin grew up to be a handsome fellow." She approached Taemin and examined his face. You knew staright away that you were going to be next.

"Oh my! How beautiful you've become." As you thought, she then approached you.

"Are you two, perhaps, a couple now?" She asked, her face full of delight. You had waved you hands in a sign of disagreement. No way in hell are you and this mushroom headed guy ever getting together.

"Aniyo Ahjumma, just good friends." You replied. "Oh, I see, your keeping a secret from me, ey?" She pretended to sulk.

Taemin and you went over to the dairy products. "Alright so I'm guessing Banana and Strawberry milk?" Taemin asked, you gave taemin an are-you-seroius look. "OK, OK, I know." He chuckled as he grabbed a banana milk and strawberry milk from the fridge.

Taemin handed the two cartons of milk onto the counter.

"It's on me." The Ahjumma said. "Huh?" I said out of curiousity.

"Since when have I ever accepted money from you two?" She said.

She was right, the first time Taemin and you were in the 7th Grade. You both had entered this store was when it was raining hard outside and you both ran away after school. Seeing that this was the closest shelter that you could find, you entered the store. Taemin was about to buy you milk when the Ahjumma had given the milk for free.

Ever since then, whenever you came to the store, you never paid for milk.

"Oh, right, I remember now." You smiled. "Gomawo." You bowed.

"Thanks Ahjumma!" Taemin smiled as he bowed as well.

When you both left the shop you suddenly remembered Yuri. You checked your pink Hello kity watch. Good thing that it was only 5.

"I have to go back to school now." You said to Taemin. "I'll go with you. The sun is about to go down. I don't want you walking in the dark." Taemin walked back to school with you.

 

------

 

I updated today.

OMYGOSH, I MET JP AND EVEN HUGGED HIM! He smelled good :)

If you wanna read about my experience, read my blog post(I can't summarise it):

Jay Park Concert

He was AMAZINGLY HOT AND AYY