Science Speed Quiz

When Brainiacs Fall in Love

------

 

 

In the following week, Students all around both campuses were all busy on the competitions. I had been working my off at studying. Seriously. Nahh just kidding. But if I did, that would mean that I wouldn't have an anymore.

Before I knew it the Math and Science Competition was here already. This is the day! Seize the day Sunmi! Carpe Diem!

When I got to school, I had already seen my Fangirls from previous years holding their banners with me on them cheering me on. I don't really mind them because they actually give me encouragement.

"So Sunmi! Crush Taemin Oppa to the ground!" They shouted at me. I smiled  their determination.

I then procededed to the Science level. Where various rooms we're set up for the Science Challenge. Today, we had a Speed quiz, where you would have to answer questions as fast as you can and press the buzzer.

I remember last year. I had almost beaten Taemin except for that one mistake.

 

------

 

"Alright Folks, this is the last question. As of now both Sunmi an Taemin have equal scores." Ms. Park announced. "You ready? Fighting!" She fist pumped.

"Okay, so this is the final question." She said. "What is the formula for neutralization?" 

I pressed the red red buzzer in front of me. I was sure of this one. "The formula is: Acid plus Base equals Salt and Hydrogen"

"Oooh, so close. I'm sorry Sunmi." Ms Park said. Noo that means Taemin has a chance to beat me. And I had caught him with a cheeky grin plastered across his face.

"Taemin, it's your shot to answer the question." Ms. Park asked. "The formula for Neutralisatiom is: Acid plus Base equals Salt and Water." He grinned.

"That is Correct." Ms. Park said cheerfully. "Lee Taemin is the winner of the Speed Quiz! Congratulations!" She clapped.

"Congratulations to Sunmi who is in second place! Well done Sunmi!" She smiled and clapped. 

I remembered that Yuri had given me a huge hug that day.

 

-----

 

As I reminisced the past, as if on time, I spotted a mushroom head walking amongst the crowd of students. When he spotted me, he had a smirk on his face, just like last year.

"Sup Sunmi! You excited" He asked, a hint of sarcasm in his voice. "Yes! I will finally smash you and your !" I declared. "Oh, so you wanna smash my ? I never knew you were that type of girl." He wriggled his eyebrows.

"Gross, you and your dirty-mind. You know it was only a figure of speech right?" You asked rhetorically and rolled your eyes.

"Alright students, since only 8 students entered this competition, we will split you up and finals shall be tomorrow." Miss Park announced. "Now let's come inside the classroom."

On the board, there was a list of students facing each other. The quiz lasts for 20 minutes and there will be 4 Round 1s because there are 4 pairs. 

The 1st Round 1 was Taemin against Jonghyun. Everyone knew who was going to win at the start. Taemin didn't give his Hyung a chance as he answered the majority of the questions. 

Everyone could see that Jonghyun lost interest within halfway. As he started to flirt with a student. Way out of her league.

Obviously Taemin won this Round. Next was Onew vs. a girl, I think her name was Jooyeon. But obviously he won as well. He exchanged Hi-5s with Taemin a they had both cleared Stage 1.

Next was me. I don't know but I was nervous. I'm not the type of person to be nervous. It might be that it was Minho I was facing.

He used to be my previous crush. I never confessed to him because he was way out of my league. I mean look at him and look at me.

He was a total heartthrob in Middle School. Yes, I used to like him in Middle School. He was the star Soccer player. The HOT star soccer player

We exchanged smiles and sat down. The competition wasn't that hard. I was winning by 10 points. Then before I knew it. The bell rang indicating that my time had finished. 

I tried not to show the excitement on my face as I shook hands with Minho.

"Good Job!" He gave me a genuine heartthrob smile as I blushed.

When I retreated to my seat, I could hear my Fangirls scream out my name as they were congratualting me.

The next round was Key vs. A boy named Dongho. Key was owning Dongho with his Diva-like comebacks. Everytime he had answered a question right. He would be all up on Dongho's face, snapping his fingers.

Key obviously won that round.

"Okay, so the winners of Round 1 are Lee Taemin, Lee Jinki, Choi Sunmi, Kim Kibum." Miss Park announced. "Alright guys, congratulations! I will give you guys a 15 minute break for your hard work and you all must be back!"

I left the classroom and went straight to the Arts Campus. Today, it was Ballad. You either had to sing ballad or dance to it. It was also the ballet competition today. 

I don't think Yuri is competing today. Her groupmate Taeyeon Unnie is good at Ballads through.

I met up with Yuri and told her that I had won the first round and she told me good luck. She had to go as she had a dance competing tomorrow. I promised I'd go. Of course I'd go. She also promised to attend the finals if I got in. Only if I got in though.

I checked my watch, I had a good 5 minute left. So I took a detour towards the cafeteria. I got a Strawberry Milk and went to the classroom.

"Alright, Round 2 is about to start soon. The first pair is Onew and Sunmi!" Miss Park grinned. 

"Hey Chicken Lover!" I called out Onew. "Back at you. How about whoever loses this, has to treat the other to chicken." Onew grinned. "Alright, but I'm warning you now. I LOVE chicken! And I LOVE to eat it." I giggled.

"Alright, settle down Chicken Lovers." Miss Park grinned. Everyone in the room laughed.

"Go Sunmi!" The Fangirls chanted.

"OK, let's start!" She shouted.

Onew and I were tied. But I knew that could easily be turned around. I just hope a question I know comes up.

"Ok, we have time for one last question. This is a spelling question. Spell 'beryllium'." Miss Park asked to spell. I had immediately pressed the buzzer. "Sunmi?"

"Beryllium. B-e-r-y-l-l-i-u-m. Beryllium." I answered confidently.

"That is correct! Well Done Sunmi, you are in the finals tomorrow!" She smiled.  I glanced at Onew who had a smile on his face.

I got up and offered my hand to Onew which he gladly shook. "Guess, I owe you chicken then?" He asked grinning. "You sure do!" You smiled. "Damn and I thought I was going to get free chicken." He pouted.

Next was Key and Taemin. Obviously Taemin was owning the elder. Key answered all the questions correct, which was very rarely as Taemin always bet him to the buzzer, everytime that Taemin would beat him to the buzzer he would go all 'Diva Style' on Taemin.

But on the other hand, if Taemin got an answer right and if he got and answer wrong, he would suk like a diva. I just smile at his actions.

In the end Taemin won. So this is how it ends huh? Taemin and I are for First and Second place tomorrow. While Key and Onew are for Third and Fourth.

I'm suddenly all nervous because of that small screw up last year. I can't seem to let go.

 

--------

 

Hey guys, I Updated yet once again!
I had nothing to do because my dad and brother ditched me to go to the movies and I promised that I would stay home with my mum because she had the night shift. Being the good daughter I am *cough* *cough*
And also because I can't update in the next few days.
Seriously, that Kai GIF that I put on the previous chapter, I SERIOUSLY CAN'T STOP LOOKING AT IT! XD
Here's Yoseob to substitute:

 
Thanks for Reading!
Love you all!