New Girl

When Brainiacs Fall in Love

Thanks for Reading!~

-----------

 

 

I walked to school like any other school day. The results would be posted on the board today. I wonder if I actually beat Taemin this time.

In our school, whenever there was an exam, they would post up the results on a big billboard outside the buildings. All the ranks were sorted in order, from Rank 1 to Rank 50. If you weren't in this range, you were considered dumb.

I scanned the ranks. Ugh why did the higher ranks have to be the farthest away? I noticed that everyone was whispering, making small talk. This made me even more curious. I wonder what the commotion is all about.

Oh. My. God

I can't believe my eyes. I rubbed my eyes. How did this happen? This does not seem right.

on the board, it listed the current rankings:

 
Rank 1 - Lee Taemin
Rank 2 - Wu Kris, Choi Sunmi
Rank 4 - Lee Jinki
Rank 5 - Kim Kibum
Rank 6 - Seo Joohyun
Rank 7 - Kim Taeyeon
Rank 8 - Choi Minho
Rank 9 - Kim Jongdae
Rank 10 - Kwon Yuri

 

My Jaw literally dropped. How could this happen? And how did I let this happen? I guess this is karma for not listening to those damn revision sessions!

That's it, my pride just went down.

And because of Kris? Damn, I can't hold grudges against totally cute guys. I can't believe I'm tied at Rank 2 with Kris, the exchange student.

"Impressed?" A deep voice asked from behind, which made me jump. I turned around meeting face to face, well more like my face to his shoulders, thanks to his height. Speaking of the guy, it was Kris.

"Maybe and what are you talking about? We're the same rank!" I exclaimed, still holding onto my pride, not letting it slip though my fingers.

"Excuse me, but my name is printed first before yours, which means I'm smarter." He crossed his arms.

"Whatever, both of us are still Rank 2." I pouted. " How'd you do it, I never you were so smart?"

He shook his head. "Never judge a book by it's cover. Just because I'm a pretty boy, it doesn't mean that I'm not smart." He smirked.

"Whateves, I hate you!" I confessed. "I hate that I have to share the title of 'Rank 2' with you."

"Hey, hey, sharing is caring! But I'm sorry that I'm crushing your dreams, but this is reality and I'm just too smart." He said, arrogantly.

"Stop being so full of yourself. It's bad enough that Taemin's like that to me, I don't want another just like him."

"OK Umma, I'm sorry." He said and then the bell went. "See 'ya later alligator." He smiled as he walked the opposite way, towards his locker, I think.

 

I walked into the class room, I looked for Yuri but couldn't find her. Then someone rested their hands on my shoulder. To my surprise it was Yuri panting, out of of breath. I guess she just ran here.

"I'm late because I stayed up watching Hyun Bin on T.V last night and I also went to see the ranks." She said, catching her breath. "I see you have some new some new competition, a cute one in fact." She winked.

"Shut Up." I said. "Thanks to him, your rank went down!" I whined.

"Don't worry about him!" She shook her head, even if Yuri denied it, I knew she was mad, her rank had recently increased, now it's dropped by one, thanks to Kris.

Suddenly, certain mushroom head decided to walk in between the gap between mine and Yuri's desk and stopped and came back.

"Nice to know that I'm still Rank 1." He smirked. "Good Luck next time Rank 2." He then left.

To be honest I didn't bother getting up, I had too much of a shock already from this morning.

"What's wrong? This is usually the part were you go and try to bash him." She said matter-of-factly.

Before I could say one more word, th teacher came inside.

"Alright kids, settle down. We have a new student today." She announced. another new kid? I'm not angry or anything but why do new students always come to our class? Why can't they be put into another class? There at least five other home group classes in this year level.

"Don't be shy, come in." Then a girl, a familiar girl walked into class. She had long wavy hair, and nice big eyes. I know I've seen this girl somewhere, I just can't seem to put my mind to it.

"Hello, Kim Minj-imnida!" She bowed. "Please take care of me."

Oh, I remember her now, she was that girl I saw with Taemin when I went out with Jaejoong Oppa. I wonder why she decided to move to this school.

"Please sit next to the vacant seat next to Jooyeon. Jooyeon please raise your hand." The teacher instructed and Minji followed. When Minji spotted me, I waved but she snobbed me. Why did she do that?

Yuri glanced at me, I could tell she was worried and curious.

"Honey, you okay, looks like she snobbed you. Do you even know the girl?" She asked. I nodded, but it doesn't seem like she likes me, maybe she doesn't remember me.

"Don't worry about her." Yuri smiled.

 

 

--------

 

 

Yuri and 1 parted and walked towards our next classes as we both had separate classes. I had Chemistry next and was walking towards the lab room. I sat down on an empty bench top table. Soon later I were greeted by a familiar voice.

"Hey, is this seat taken?" I turned around to meet Kris, again, for the second time.

"Nope, go ahead and sit down." I gestured him to sit. "Thanks." He said under his breath, but loud enough for me to hear.

Then I spotted Taemin walk in with the most annoyed expression plastered upon his face, well I figured because the new girl, which mind you, snobbed me today, was clinging on to him like a monkey. Were they in a relationship? As if I cared.

When Taemin tried to sit down next to his Hyungs, Minji would push them away from the seat next to Taemin. It was quite amusing actually.

But I was starting to dislike her. First she snobbed me, now she's annoying Taemin, that's supposed to be my job.

Kris on the other hand found the whole thing amusing, so amusing that I think he can't seem to control his laughter, even though he was doing so discreetly.

"Alright Class, settle down." Miss Song entered the classroom. "As you all know, the exams are over and it's going to be a new semester soon, which means new lab partners. This time, I won't let you choose your own partners. I will be deciding." She said and the whole class groaned.

"What was that? Are you all complaining?" She asked. The whole class then immediately became silent as Miss Song can be strict at times.

"Good, that's what I thought. Now, I will sort you into lab partners, girls and boys. It's good to be mixed in here." She said as she scanned down her list, I'm guessing she already made a list of the partners.

"OK, Kris is with Sunmi." We both looked at each other and exchanged smiles, I don't mind him as my lab partner.

"Taemin with Minji." She said. "Did you hear that Oppa? She said we're partners." She squealed, so loud that Martians in Mars could probably hear her, Taemin paid no attention. For a second we looked at each other, I smiled, but he snobbed me.

Seriously, what's wrong with me today? Everyone keeps snobbing me.

"The first assignment today is easy, you all have to find what you have in common, your chemistry between yourselves partners. Like the Periodic Table of Elements, all the elements are sorted into what they have in common." She said.

Woah, this sounds easy. But I doubt I have anything in common with Kris.

"Let's start. What's you're favourite colour? Mine's red" Kris asked.

"Uhhm mines blue." I smiled. " Favourite artist? Mines Super Junior."

"Mine too." He smiled as he took note. " Ehmm, you're favourite animal or pet? Mine is a dog, I'm a dog person, I one at home."

"You're joking, I'm a dog person too, we should take our dogs out for a walk sometime." I smiled. "So, your favourite Korean food, mines jajangmyun."

 

The questions go on and on, I found out that Kris and I had more in common than I thought. It's good to know that someone I know share the same interests as me. After Chemistry, I had a few more classes before it was lunch.

My tummy growled, I was soo hungry, school make me hungry too much. I pouted as I lined up at the canteen. I wanted milk, and I wanted it fast. I grabbed all the yummy foods, that I could hopefully fit in my tummy and placed them on my tray. When I turned around I didn't notice that someone was behind me.

The contents in my tray, sadly there was Spaghetti Bolognese and splatted on my victim's shirt.

"Yah! Look what you did, you messed up my shirt." She exclaimed. Minji? She was the one I hit? As if I'd give a damn if I spilled Spaghetti all over your blouse, this is what you get for snobbing me!

"Look, I'm sorry. If you want I'll pay for dry cleaning. But if you're really that fussy, I'll buy you a new shirt." I said coldly.

She rolled her eyes, "That's not what I'm worried about; I know you'll buy me a new shirt." She smirked as she picked up the spaghetti from the floor and was aiming at me with spaghetti in her hands. I braced myself for the incoming impact and closed my eyes.

Weird, I felt nothing. I opened my eyes to see who protected me.

 

 

----

 
 
 
 
Hello~
I updated once more:)
My friends and I are doing KK, but I don't know what to get my friend >.<
I was thinking of getting her a bento with a matching chopstick set.
The present is ment to cost a minimum of $20
 
MY EXAMS ARE OVER! YESSSS BABEEYYYY!! :)

 

Thanks for Reading~
Don't forget to Comment + Subscribe:)