Auctioning?

When Brainiacs Fall in Love
Sorry for not updating in ages ):
Thanks for Reading!
Here's a long-ish chapter

------

 

"OK Class, settle down." The teacher asked us to quiet down and settle.

I myself comfortable as the teacher began marking the roll and announcing the what's new on the bulletin.

"OK Ladies and Gents as you know the school holds an Annual Auction Date Party and that's coming soon." The Teacher announced. Ooh's, Aah's and even groans of disappointment were heard throughout the classroom.

Basically, the whole 'Annual Auction Date Party' is when the school holds an auction for a girl's first dance and to be their date. Girls would act as the 'item' guys or girls would auction for and the people who want to 'buy' them are the customers.

It's amazing every year because all the money is donated to a charity. This time it's towards the orphanages in the rural parts if the country.

Last year we managed to raise, from the top of my head, around 50 million won.

"So, as per usual, in our class we can nominate up to four candidates for buyers to 'auction'." The teacher explained. "So anyone want to nominate or volunteer?"

"I volunteer!" Minji shot up from her seat and claimed a spot as a candidate. As she sat back down her eyes were focused to mine, desire and hate filled her hazel brown eyes. If looks were to kill, I would be literally be dead right now. Obviously, I'm not dead.

I'm good as long as no one nominates me. I can picture myself now at the party, standing by the punch, or stuffing myself with the free food.

"I volunteer and I nominate Sunmi!" Yuri said as she arose from her seat, informing the teacher.

My jaw drooped. I really have to start to stop jinxing myself. It's so annoying. Seriously.

I was literally glaring at Yuri for what she did, I was shooting daggers, no I was shooting kunais at her. Wait aren't the same thing? Anyways you get what I mean.

Yuri's head turned o face me. I guess she felt those daggers, I mean Kunais that I shot at her. She turned towards me and did a puppy face, so that I would agree being one of the candidates. 

No, I'm not falling for it. Stop looking at her Sunmi! 

Crap, never mind. I can never resist her adorable puppy face anyway.

"Fine, I'll do it." I surrendered as I bowed my head in shame.
 

Eventually, another girl, who was pretty, but was full of herself, volunteered to be another candidate so she can bid herself off. That's funny.

Oh wait, no it's not, I'm also a candidate. Which means someone's eventually going to bid me and pay to be my date.

Might be well get prepared.

 

-------


 

After school, Yuri had insisted that we'd go out and shop for dresses to wear at the party.

I quickly went to my locker, but only to find a note:

 
Dearest Sunmi,
I heard you got chosen to be a candidate at the Auction Date Party,
I hope, I get to place a bid against you, even better, I hope I win,
That way I can be your first dance and your date for the night.
Love Secret Admirer
 
 
"Yah, come on!" Yuri shouted. I didn't want to; I tried to tell her that I have plenty of dresses at home. But you know her, she would not listen, at all.

So here I am being dragged to a Dress shop, hunting for some dresses. I seriously thought that today, as soon as I got home, I would be able to pig out and then play some video games. Even though I know I , my bro would always complain when we 'split-screen'. But it is his fault, why'd he ask me to 'split-screen' with him then?

"Yah!" Yuri screamed, tapping her foot, probably mad at me. Yes, she is. I discarded all my weird thoughts from my mind.

"Does this dress look good on me or does it wake me look fat?" She asked, I didn't notice that she even got into a dress. I must look really dopey right now. 

"Yeah, you look fine." I said, sounding a little careless of what I said. I realised too late, way too late. Yuri's perfect eyebrows joined together. A mixture of emotions were displayed on her face: confusion, sad and 'what-the-he'll?'

I would give myself or if Yuri was in my position, that same exact look. I wasn't exactly feeling like myself today.

"Are you Okay?" She asked as she walked towards me, sitting next to me. "You seem a little off, you know that?"

"No, I'm fine. It's just that this hop is too fancy for my taste. Why didn't we got to one where there is more on teen fashion? You know less elegant, but still formal?" I asked as I looked around the shop.

The shop was a very fancy shop, with elegant gold and white wallpaper, and fancy light brown curtains. A mahogany brown table was placed in front of us and the sofa we're currently sitting on. Let's not forget the professionally arranged flowers in a case, acting as the centre piece of the table.

"I don't like it either. It makes me feel old. The lady who works here makes me feel old." Yuri laughed, a I joined with her.

"Let's grab something to eat and ten I've got a better shop to show you instead if this one." Yuri suggested. "That's the best thing you've suggested all day. I'm famished." I said, smiling. Finally! I can go and eat food.
 

  After we grabbed something to eat, Yuri dragged me yet into another shop. This time, it didn't have fancy interior. It was more on the playful side; it had more on youthful colours. On the racks, it had beautiful dresses. Way better than the previous dresses at the other shop.

I skimmed my hand across the racks, taking quick glances at one. I stopped suddenly, one dress catching my eye. It was a , fury long sleeved dress, it looked really pretty

"This dress will look good on you Honey." A guy grabbed dress on a hanger off the rack and placed it in front of me.

"Excuse, and who are you?" I asked, not trying to sound rude.

"Oh, sorry for not introduce myself." He cleared his throat. "I'm Jo Kwon, the designer and owner of this shop."

My mouth formed an 'o' shape. I did not expect that the owner of this shop would be so enthusiastic and be a male.

"Oh, please mind my manners. Jo Kwon-ssi." I bowed. "I'm Choi Sunmi."

He started to laugh. I suddenly looked up to see why. 

"Aigoo, Sunmi-ah, you don't have to be formal or apologise. I get that a lot." He smiled. "Alright, how about we get you fitted in this dress and see if it looks and fits good."

He handed me the dress and pointed towards the dressing room. I grabbed the dress and went to the dressing room.

I changed into the dress. I didn't look that bad, I thought I would have looked  that bad actually. I opened the curtain of the dressing room and walked outside to show my dress off.

 

Yuri's jaw literally dropped when I walked out. Jo Kwon just smiled, no, more like smirked and clapped as I stepped outside to show my dress.

"Oh my gosh, you look so fabulous girl!" She ran up to me and hugged me, then took a good look at what I was wearing.

I noticed Yuri was also wearing a really nice dress. She went for the more mature look, wearing a black one-shoulder dress.

"You don't look so bad yourself." I complimented her.

"Nahh, it's all thanks to you." Yuri turned as she faced Jo Kwon, who was sitting on a couch, his legs crossed.

"Me?" He pointed to himself, as if he wasn't aware of anything. "I know right, I'm so awesome." He said as he stood up.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." I rolled my eyes as we all laughed at his weird, yet. Cute antics.
 

-------

The days and hours then came by like seconds. It was fast and I wasn't aware of it. It just flew by. Today is the Auction night.

Yuri and I decided to stay after school and get ready by then. We were now applying makeup on ourselves.

"Yah! We have to be pretty so that boys would 'buy' us and then the money will be donated to charity." Yuri scolded as she was applying her blush.

"Yeah, what do you think I'm doing right now?" I asked rhetorically as I was curling my hair.

"Hey, who do you think will buy you as his date tonight?" Yuri asked me. 

"I actually don't know, it will probably be someone I don't know or is unexpected. These things always happen to me anyway." I acted as if I had just brushed off a bug off my shoulder.

"Aww come on, don't be like that. I hope someone handsome and nice becomes your date tonight. You know you deserve better." She said as she was applying her eyeliner, but it accidentally smudged which made it look like a five-year-old drew the line as it was all over the place.
 

The dreadful hour came and it was time for the auction. Since there were a lot of girls, the Freshmans and Sophomores were auctioned off first. The blushes on the girl’s faces were the best part to watch.

It was cute how a cute girl would be auctioned off to their boyfriend or to a handsome guy, and the girl would start to blush uncontrollably. I just wish that I would get someone really handsome.

As I was seated, patiently waiting for the Senior part of the night, right now it was the Juniors. Seniors always went last. It was like the best or the highest ranks were always last.

"Boo!" I jolted as a response. I turned around to find Taemin. Why was I not surprised to see him here?

"Oh, hey Taemin." I said casually, it was almost our turn as the Junior's part was finishing. I tried to hide my nervousness.

"What? No 'Yah! Mushroom head!'?" He asked as he imitated my voice in a more girlish way and as he took the vacant seat next to me.

"What!? I don't sound like that, Weirdo!" I rebutted, while he smirked.

"See, that's the Sunmi I know, the one who is always enthusiastic and always shouting." He smirked. "By the way, you look pretty."

Wow, Taemin complimented me. Somehow, I started to blush. It was probably an involuntary action of when someone calls me pretty.

"Will the Seniors now please proceed to the stage." The MC announced. 

Saved!

Uh-oh! My stomach clenched. I wasn't usually nervous in front of large crowds. It was just that this time, someone was to buy me off.

"See ya Taemin." I politely waved as I met up with Yuri and proceeded to the stage

"Alright, Ladies and Gentlemen, for the last instalment of the night, it's time for the Seniors." The MC said.

All of us walked up on stage and lined up, I stood next to Yuri, our hands intertwined, probably because of the nervousness that we both shared, or it could be that terrible tension of anxiousness around us girls.

I hope somebody handsome buys me. I blush at the thought. I've always dreamed of dancing with my date, slow, holding on to each other under the moonlight and then sealing the night with a kiss.

Oh, how every girl dreams of this. It's part of my bucket list. Yes, I created a bucket list, with Yuri, and this was one of the things on the list.

"Next Contestant is the beautiful Kwon Yuri! She loves to dance and to sing. She's currently a trainee at SM Academy of the Arts who is hoping to debut next year." The MC announced. "Now who wants to bid this pretty lady?"

"Fifty thousand won!" A guy shouted. I nudged Yuri as I gave her an 'Ooh-la-la~' wink. She smiled as she gave me the 'Shut up' look.

"Fifty thousand to the young gentleman, anyone want to go any higher?" He said. Eventually, Yuri's highest bidder won by bidding 200,000 WON, Yuri's a hot piece of meat then, I smiled at the thought. She bade me goodbye as her extremely cute date, who is on the School's varsity team.

'Next Contestant is the beautiful Kim Minji, who looks stunning tonight. She loves to go shopping and travelling." The MC Announced. "Alright, who wants to bid first?"

"Ten thousand won." A random boy in the crowd placed a bid. I could see that Minji was anticipating for Taemin to bid her, I admit, I was as well. I wanted to know if he would. But he didn't, some other Senior won the auction for Minji. Minji was lucky a hot guy won the bid for her.

My turn was next.

Las but not least, we have the gorgeous Choi Sunmi, currently the 2nd rank of the whole school." Ouch, that hurt. "She's currently the smartest girl who loves to read books, currently loves Donghae of Super Junior, and loves to do mind puzzles." How did they even get those information from? I don't remember telling the whole world I absolutely adore Donghae. I blushed, now everyone here knows.

"A hundred won!" Taemin raised his arm up, snorting. I couldn't believe he placed me for such a small fortune, a really small fortune. What a cheapo. Well it seems like everyone in the crowd seemed to enjoy his little act as they all started to laugh.

"Seventy-five thousand won." Someone bidded, even before the MC acknowledged Taemin’s bid. He was so fast I didn't catch who it was.

"Excuse me who was that?" The MC asked, see even he didn't catch who bidded me.

In the distance, a familiar male with blonde hair, who was dressed in a tux, raised his arm up. OMO! It was Kris! My eyes widened in excitement, I want Kris to bid for me.

"Alright, Seventy-five thousand won to the gentleman in the tux." The MC Acknowledged Kris.

"A hundred thousand won!" Another male placed a bid, I looked towards the direction of where his voice came from. It was the Mushroom Head, a.k.a Taemin. First he bids a Hundred won for me, now he goes to a Hundred thousand won? What happened.

"Two!" Kris shouted as he winked at me, I looked down as I blushed.

The bidding became into a rather fierce one than a friendly one, like how it was supposed to be intended. Why are these boys bidding for me like I'm some kind of meat. I wouldn't mind if I was the Grade A beef, I would be delicious if I was then.

"ONE MILLION WON!" He shouted, determination blazing in his eyes.

"Going once, twice, SOLD!" To the gentlemen.

----------

 
 
Hi Guys, first of all *hides behind Taemin*
I'm SUPER DUPER sorry for the late update, I've been super busy lately, here's a summary:
I went to this Science Challenge thing, we came last place WOOHOO!~
I had orientation day at my new school, and I hardly saw any hot guys, AND THERE WERE NO FREAKING ASIANS ):
It was really hard making friends ): Everyone seemed to know each other and they sort of left me out.
 
P.S - The good new is it's summer break for me, which means more time to update this story!~
Can I get a WOOT-WOOT?
No? OK...It's alright, I'll go to the corner and cry now :'(