The Outcome

When Brainiacs Fall in Love

Thanks for Reading! (:

--------

 

 

"And the winner goes to the gentleman dressed handsomely in the tux. Congratulations and have a great night." The MC announced.

Many mouths were open in an act of surprise, some were clapping and whistling loudly because their maknae had scored a date, which was SHINee just being themselves.

But most thought that this outcome was unpredictable, who would have thought that the biggest rivals in the school would be together, to dance?

Thinking that it was impossible.

But it isn't because it happened and it's happening now.

I could not believe my eyes or my ears. My date came towards me and offered his hand. Which I gladly took, still wide eyed from the outcome.

"I believe you owe me your first dance." He flashed a smile, a smile my eyes had not seen before, his brown eyes glistened under the moonlight. It was beautiful, it was magnificent. Why'd I not notice it before?

I was star stunned at that moment. I felt as if everything froze, that it was only us two, me looking deeply into his eyes, completely under his spell. This never happened before, why is it happening now? I kept calm and pulled a straight face.

"Sunmi?" He asked, snapping me out of yet another day dream.

"You alright?" He looked at me with concerned eyes.

"I'm good; I believe I do owe my first dance." I smiled as he led me to the dance floor. An upbeat song was playing and everyone on the dance floor was banging their heads to the beat.

"Wassup everyone! It's time for the first dance for the Seniors." The DJ said as he changed the song. The song had drastically changed from an upbeat and energetic song to a elegant and slow song, a song perfect for the Waltz.

He placed one hand on my waist and one hand clasped my left hand. I placed my other hand on his shoulder. I glanced up, only to see looking down on me, smiling.

"Yah, don't place your hand there." I blushed as I looked the other way.

A smirk appeared on his face. "I believe my hand is an appropriate position for the Waltz." He stated. 

I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry, I'll try not to step on your toes." Taemin assured me. "Better not, I don't want to have swollen, red or purple toes when I wake up tomorrow." I joked.

Dancing the Waltz remind me of when my dad first taught me how to dance the Waltz. I stood on his toes on my tippy-toes and we would dance around the house. It would always end up goofy and my mum would get jealous. But we would make up for it with a kiss.

"Hey, I never knew you could Waltz." I said, smiling.

"Well, you never asked." He said arrogantly.

If I think about it, I never knew he could do the Waltz. Even though I've known Taemin for a long time, there are things that are yet still I don't know about him. It's quite intriguing actually.

There are probably things about me that Taemin doesn't know either. 

While dancing, for some strange reason, I found Taemin handsome as he was dancing, the way he lead the dance. how our bodies were close together, almost in contact. His hand tightly clasped on to mine and his other arm glued to my waist

What's wrong with me?

This is so wrong on many levels. I usually react the opposite way.

This is really weird.

Kris came towards us, smiling brightly at me, while I returned his smile with my own usual and bright smile.

Kris tapped on Taemin's shoulder.

"I believe your first dance is finished. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask this pretty lady to dance with me." He asked politely, with a hint of arrogance.

"Sure, she's all yours." Taemin gently placed my hands in Kris's. I couldn't help but blush.

"Just make sure my date's back in one piece." Taemin joked, as he walked away, I think he was walking towards the punch.

"It was too bad that I didn't win the bid. I wanted to be your date." Kris said as he lead the dance. He too, can dance the Waltz, I don't know why, but I find guys who can do the Waltz really cute.

"Yeah, it's too bad. Well at least you’re dancing with me now." I smiled, looking up at him. Even in heels, he's still a lot taller than me.

"Hey, your date looks a like Hell over there, jealousy written all over his face." Kris motioned towards Taemin who was looking at us. 

"Nahh, he's not jealous, I don't see that there would be a reason why." I shrugged. Kris gave me a 'You-really-think-so' look.

"Really Sunmi? it's true whenever people say that you're naïve." Kris shook his head, smiling. "It's obvious that Taemin likes you. We do you think he's like that?"

That made me think. It made me think a lot. A lot has happened over the past few weeks.

But it's impossible that Taemin would like me, its impossible right.

But right now, I'm thinking Taemin's cute and handsome because of his tux and because of the way he led me on the dance floor. I feel the exact same way for Kris. They are both people whom I don't have feelings for.

 

--------

 

After dancing with Kris, I decided to take a break and taste the punch. I just hope nobody spiked the punch this year.

Last year, some Seniors thought it would be a funny prank to add some spice to the party by spiking the punch with alcohol. Little did me and Yuri know, that when we drank some, in one-shot. We got drunk almost immediately, and it wasn't a funny sight when our parents had to pick us from school all wild and drunk.

It was a night to remember.

"Oh, look who it is. It's the girl who stole my date." A girl started to giggle from behind. I turned around, only to find Minji standing there, a smirk on her face. Her facial expression showed determination and arrogance.

I rolled my eyes; I didn't want my night to be ruined tonight.

"Excuse me, I didn't steal your date, and it's not like I wanted him as my date." I replied.

"Well, how do explain why he's your FREAKING date and not mine. He was supposed to be my date tonight NOT yours." She raged, shouting at specific words.

"Well, judging from the auction. Taemin placed a bid against me and won. He DID NOT place a bid for you." I argued back. Oh, snap, that was a good one; I mentally patted myself on the back.

Then it happened.

It happened so fast, I didn't even see it coming. Before I knew it, before I could use my ninja senses to avoid it, I was drenched in punch, from head to toe.

I'm not kidding; it was definitely not a nice sight too look at.

My once pretty dress which complimented me and my look tonight, was now drenched in red punch, staining the fabric.

I loved this dress, now it's ruined.

I stood there, staring into the ground, I felt so weak. I wanted to shout my head off at her, telling her off.

But I couldn't.

"Yah, Sunmi, you alright?" Taemin had arrived by my side. I hadn't even noticed.

He looked at me, wide eyed that I was drenched in punch, I even smelled of punch. He took off his jacket and placed it onto my shoulders. Mye eyes widened, surprised at his actions.

"Thanks." I murmured, almost a whisper. He nodded in acknowledgement.

"Minji, this is way too far." Taemin shook his head.

"You're not a child anymore, you're a young adult now, you should act your age an dbe mature. Not acting like a three year old who just got their teddy stolen." He raged, staring at Minji, I could see a blaze of determination and hatred in his eyes as he was looking at her.

"Now, if you think this is funny or you think this is alright, then you are obviously not fit to be here in this society of teenagers or young adults. You are more fit to be in a society of five year olds." Taemin snickered.

"Hey, Sunmi, you alright? Don't mind that btch." Yuri was at my side in a snap of a finger and started to confront me. I smiled when she called Minji a bad word.

"Now, I will take Sunmi now, away from all this drama, away from you." Taemin spat as he walked towards me.

"Thanks for doing that. I really appreciate it." I smiled, even though I knew the smile I'm showing right now looks as fake as it gets.

Taemin then wrapped his arm around my shoulder, bringing me close to him. I didn't seem to mind, or notice in fact, not until let go when we reached the car.

I secretly smiled to myself.

Taemin was my Knight in Shining Armour tonight.

 

"We're here." Taemin announced as he parked his car in the drive way of our house. I got out of the car, Taemin followed suit and escorted me to the front door.

"I'm sorry for that nuisance before. I hope you're alright now. That evil girl even managed to mess up you pretty dress." Taemin apologized.

"You shouldn't feel sorry, it wasn't even your fault. For the last time tonight: thank you Lee Taemin." I smiled, looking up at him, he too smiled back.

Oh Gosh, his eyes are so mesmerising, I found myself caught under gaze once again. My heart started to pound inside my chest, what was this I was feeling? It's so weird, so unknown.

Was it me, or is it getting hotter, and it's like the middle of WINTER! The season of cold weather snuggled up in blanket by the fireplace with a cup of hot chocolate.

Taemin's face was coming towards me, closer and closer. My eyes widened in instinct.

Is he going to kiss me? Don't tell me I'll lose my first kiss to Taemin...

I shut my eyes, was I actually anticipating for the outcome?

I felt him brush my shoulder; I opened my eyes, only to see Taemin laughing.

"There was something on your shoulder, I brushed it off." he laughed.

"Don't tell me you were expecting something else!" He smiled, as he came towards me, for some reason I didn't step back or flinch.

"Uhh, Well, thanks for placing a bid for me and being my date, I had a great time. Here's you jacket." I said as I quickly took off his jacket and handed it to him.

"Take care and drive safe. Goodnight." I practically ran inside, trying to escape the weirdness.

I stood leaned behind the door, reminiscing what just happened.

Tonight was fun, it was enjoyable, until Minji ruined my dress.

But I also found something out tonight. I found Taemin handsome, I would never look at Taemin in that way.

What's happening to me?

 

-------

 
Hai girls!(and boys)
I update again today, hope you liked it, it took me soo long to write, I would keep writing and then erasing what I wrote.
Anyways, this is the outcome (:
OH YEAH, GOING KOREAN BBQ TOMORROW w/ Friends! SO excited!
 
 
What do y'all think?       What's wrong with Sunmi?      Will she ever find out what's wrong with her?
Find out, in the next chapter!
LOL, I just wanted to try that out (:
 
Please subcribe and/or leave a comment belowe,
let me know what you think, your opinion counts (:
 
Oh and here's my Ho-baby a.k.a mahh husband, he says hi (: