Donating Blood

When Brainiacs Fall in Love

Thank you for Reading!~

--------

 

 

The sunlight shone through my curtains, threatening my eyes to open. I yawned as I stretched like a cat. 

Today was a Saturday, a day without school and hassles. I wonder what I'll do today. I suddenly remembered what happened last night and smiled.

As of now, I felt like going to the mall and go have an old-fashioned shopping spree with myself. Considering Yuri isn't as free as she was before.

I got out of bed and headed towards my ensuite bathroom and took a shower. I then got dressed, casually in a long-sleeved shirt, jeans and doc martens and of course a beanie.

Before I excited my bathroom, I felt like my neck would be cold today. So I grabbed a matching scarf to my attire and went downstairs.

"Good Morning Sunmi, going anywhere?" Mr Jung asked. "Oh, good morning Mr. Jung and yes I'm planning to go shopping" I answered.

"Oh have fun. Please do eat breakfast before you go." He insisted. 

"I'll just pick up something on the way. Bye!~" I said as I was out of the door.

 

--------

 

 

I walked towards the nearest bus stop and waited for the next bus. Eventually, the bus stop got crowded and then I gave my seat to an elderly lady.

I got off the train station and went to the Gangnam district and continued to walk towards the Mall.

You know how on the sides of the streets there are those people who give out flyers? For example, they're advertising their restaurant or massage places? Well I hate those and I try to avoid them as much as I possibly can.

So I would always walk the opposite direction. Here in Korea, some people are very persistent. One time some guy in a hotdog suit ran after me half a block the road. 

What was weird was that he actually bothered, and all he gave me was a flyer for 'Joe's Hotdog' and he told me 'Good Day.", smiled and walked back.

He was really bi-polar and I'm telling you I'm now scared of people dressing up as hotdog mascots, or dressed as any other mascot giving out flyers.

This time there was someone dressed up as a red blood cell. I hope this person is nice. I hope he or she won't chase me half a block down the road. But my thoughts changed as he turned around.

Oh. My. God.

It was the same guy.

It was too late to back out now, I was so close, and it would look weird if I were to turn around. Would it be weird though?

I took a deep breathe and walked straight, even though I would have to encounter him. Just ignore him and look the other way. 

Yes, I made it, I walked pass him. Or at least I thought I did. I then felt a hand rest upon my left shoulder. My eyes forced it self closed in disappointment as I didn't walk past him.

"Excuse me, would you like a flyer?" He smiled. "Uhm, no thanks. I'm good." I said as I slowly pivoted around to face him.

"Hey! It's you. The crazy girl I had to chase before accepting a flyer." He grinned showing his pearly whites.

"I'm the crazy one." I said sarcastically. "Who was the one that chased me half a block down the road?"

"Touchè. Here have a flyer, I'm sure you've learnt your lesson from last time." He said handing me a flyer.

"No, that's OK." I politely declined his offer.

"Do you really want me to chase you down half a block again. Or do you want to make it a whole block this time." He evilly grinned.

"You're lucky I don't feel like running right now and that there's a shoe sale today." I said as I grabbed the flyer. "What's the flyer about this time?" 

"As you can see, it's not about a hotdog place. It's for the local blood donating centre. You can really help lives if you donate blood." He said, still smiling.

"Hey, that doesn't sound half bad. I might go and donate blood today." I said.

"Hey, let's start again. My name's Kyung, nice to meet you." He held out hand, grinning.

I gladly accepted his offer and shook his hand. "Nice to meet you too Kyung. My name is Sunmi."

"You know what Kyung. You're really weird." I said upfront.

"Yeah, I get that a lot." He brushed it off as if it was normal. "My friends call me Kyung-cumber." He chuckled.

Kyung-cumber. I thought to my self. I think it took like five seconds for me to process the joke until I started to laugh.

"Oh, Kyung-cumber, I get it. That's so funny." I still continued to laugh.

After laughing, I finally stopped. 

"Alright, that's enough of me. I'm going to go now." I started to walk slowly, away from him. 

"Bye!" He started to frantically wave at me like a kid on a sugar rush. I waved back and turned around. Thanks to my clumsy self, I bumped into someone.

"Oh, I’m sorry. It was my fault." I said, but then changed my mind as I bumped into no other than the infamous mushroom head. "Oh, it's just you, never mind."

"What do you mean 'Oh it's just you.'" He imitated me, making his voice higher and more annoying. "Is that what you say to your saviour from last night?" 

"Yeah, what are you doing here anyway?" I asked. "I should be asking you the same question but I'm guessing you're here to go shopping?" He said and he was spot on as k nodded.

"You know me so well, old friend." I smiled. "So why are you here then?"

"Oh, I sort of got forced and I'm here with Minji." I frowned when he mentioned her. "Well I ditched her just now. Want to join me in having fun?" He asked.

"Uhm, how about, no?" I said. "Unless you want to join me to go and donate blood." 

"Sure, come on. I know where it is." He said as he lead the way.

 

------

 

 

When we entered the centre, I gulped. I forgot I was afraid of needles. I hope they wouldn’t use a really big needle because that would be really scary.

But then again if I donate blood that would mean that I'm helping other people in need.

Donating blood has a lot of benefits. I don't exactly know what types of benefits. But you know what I mean.

"Ma'am?" The receptionist asked, breaking my train of thought.

 "Oh, yeah, sorry what was that?" I asked. "Err, what's your blood type?" She asked, in the corner of my eye I can see Taemin snicker.

"I'm blood type O positive." I answered. "And you sir?" She asked looking at Taemin.

"I'm blood type B positive." He said as the receptionist started to type away on her computer. "So you're type O positive? The universal blood type. You know what a universal blood type is right?" He asked as I shook my head.

He smiled. "It's called the universal blood type because you can give your blood to any blood type. So for example if I needed blood, even though I'm a blood type B positive, you can still give me your blood but I can't give you mine as you can only accept type O positive blood."

"That's pretty cool. It's like I'm a super hero or something." I smiled. "And F.Y.I, I'd make sure that there is someone with type B positive blood type in the room before I give you mine."

"Excuse me, will you please follow me." A nurse with a clipboard came and lead us into a room.

"Please take a seat here please." The nurse offered a seat which I took. I wanted to be first because I wanted this thing to be done and over with. The nurse stood up and walked towards the bench top, I think she was preparing the needles.

I took a deep breathe. I'm going to be fine. It's not like I'm going to die or anything.

"Hey, you Okay?" Taemin asked. "Yeah,why wouldn't I be alright?" I asked.

"Well considering that you're as pale as snow right now." He chuckled while I tried to keep a straight face.

"Hey, you know you're not alone. I'm still here. I'm with you." He said as he stood next to me. Taemin can really be nice times.

"You ready?" She asked as I nodded. She wrapped a tourniquet around my arm, just above my elbow and then began to sterilise the area. Then the needle came, it looked like it was attached to a tube. This made me gulp.

"Hey, Sunmi, take my hand, you can squeeze it if you want." He offered his hand, at first I hesitated but then I held onto his hand.

"Close your eyes and count to ten." He instructed.

1..2 I felt the needle seep through my skin as I sighed. You know what it doesn't seem too bad. Taemin must've told the nurse to take my blood.

9..10. I opened my eyes and witnessed my blood being extracted from within me. It was like someone was one the other end of the tube and my blood. I laughed. I thought maybe a vampire was on the other side.

"See it wasn't so bad was it?" Taemin asked in a gentle voice.

 

"Hey thanks for doing that earlier. I really appreciate it." I thanked him, we were walking side by side hopefully we were going to go get something to eat.

"That's nothing, and you're welcome," He said as his head was bowed and his hands in his pockets.

"You should have seen your face earlier. It was as white as a sheet of paper and you looked like you saw a ghost." He chuckled,

"Yah! That's not nice." I said as I playfully slapped him. "OK, OK, stop, geez woman why do you always hit me?" He asked.

Taemin stopped me, he was looking at the far distance. So I looked to where he was looking and spotted her.

"Uhh. Taemin, I say we make a run for it before she sees us." I said, but it was too late as she spotted us. She was already making her way towards us, making clucking noises with her heels.

Taemin grabbed my hands and my eyes widened from the sudden contact. "Come on, lets go." He said as we both started to run for our lives.

 

 

 

-----------

 

 

Hello!:)
I updated again, you like this update? IDK how I even thought of this idea.
Yes, ther's an appearance of the KYUNG-CUMBER! TEEHEE
 
I watched Breakining Dawn pt. 2! IT WAS EPIC!
Yes I watched it late because Australia's like the last to get it's movies and because we didn't want to watch it in a packed cinema duhhh! :3
I cried like 3 times, at the ending twice and at the credits when they showed the characters.
I'm a cry-baby when it comes to movies.
I only have like 2-3 weeks left of school and then it's summer break. Freedom here I come!
 
 
 
Please comment + subscribe:)
 
Oh and here's Rain:
(I miss him D:)