Disasters Can Also Become Miracles

When Brainiacs Fall in Love

 

Thanks for Reading, I lurve you all!
 
----------
 
It's nothing big, Taemin's just asked me on hang out, sort of  like date. I just have to play it cool. Act like I don't care. This is probably nothing to Taemin anyway.
 
What am I kidding, I'm freaking out right now.
 
Gosh, what am I going to wear? What style should I do my hair? Should I put make up on?
 
So many questions started to jumble up my brain.
 
Arrrg! Even when Taemin isn't around, he just seems to annoy the heck out of me.
 
But I'm seriously really excited for this date. As soon as I could get the chance to talk to Yuri again, I spilled all the beans. And we screamed our heads of in a sign of excitement.
 
The next day, Yuri declared that we go out and shop for some new clothes. Declaring that I should look like hot stuff on the first date.
 
We eventually bought me some new fashion clothes, which as I can recall, will make me look like 'hot stuff.'
 
 
It was now five in the afternoon. Four more hours to go until our date. I don't know why Taemin told me to meet him, why couldn't he just pick me up? We literally live a few blocks away from each other.
 
"Honey?" My mother called out from the study.
 
"Yes mother?" I walked towards the study. Umma was sitting on her desk, piles of documents were scattered across the floor and the desk.
 
"I was wondering, are you going anywhere tonight?" She asked, looking up from whatever she was reading.
 
"Errr, I'm meeting up with someone later. Right now I'm free though." I answered.
 
"Is that so? Anyways, I have this huge favour that I need to ask of you. I know it's New Year's Eve and I know you have plans later but I really need your help." She said. 
 
I looked at my mother, I didn't notice when I walked into the room. But my mother was looking paler than usual, she had bags under her eyes, fatigue clearly shown on her delicate face. 
 
My father was away on a business trip with my brother, they left a day after Christmas. And since they were gone, Umma had to take care of the business here in Korea.
 
"Aigoo, of course I'll help you Umma. Hey, when was the last time you ate, or slept?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at her.
 
"I'm fine, it's just been a long day. Here help me with these. Investigate and note down any possible future partners that could help our company for next year." She changed the subject as she gave me a pile of Manila folders, inside was probably information about the other businesses.
 
"Okie dokie!" I said, I just hope I can finish this in time before I meet up with Taemin.
 
Minutes came by, eventually turning into hours of being in the study. Going through various folders of potential business partners. Finally, I was done.
 
I yawned as I stretched my arms out. I glanced at my watch, it was seven-thirty. I still had time to get ready.
 
"Mum, I'm finished, I'm going to make some hot cocoa, would you like some?" I said as I turned around, looking at my mother.
 
"Yeah, sure Hon--" My mother was cut off, as she collapsed on the floor.
 
I gasped as my eyes were wide open.
 
"Umma!" I dropped to my knees, shaking my mother hoping that she would wake up or even budge.
 
But none of that happened. I'm seriously scared sh!tless right now.
 
Before I knew, tears started to flow down my cheeks. Oh crap, I shouldn't be crying at a time like this, I should be looking for a way to help my mother!
 
But I couldn't help it, I was in my usual panic mode, whenever issues , like this came up.
 
Should I call the ambulance? Will they even get here fast enough? Aish! What should I do?
 
"Butler Jung!" I screamed. He came running into the room in a matter of seconds, which was pretty impressive.
 
"Aigoo, what happened here?" He asked. He didn't even give me time to explain.
 
"Don't worry, I'll go get the driver ready, and I'll carry your mother to the car." He said. You're a life saver, I can't even think straight right now.
 
 
-------
 
 
As soon as we got to the hospital, I ran to the reception area.
 
The nurse seemed to be chatting away on the phone about some drama she watched the other day.
 
"Excuse me?" I asked politely, but she held he forefinger up in a sign of 'just-wait' as she still kept talking on the phone on how Hyunbin was so hot in the drama 'Secret Garden'
 
"Yeah, I know he's so cute, even in a track suit....Why do you think that I'm watching the whole drama again, for like the millionth time?....Yeah, he's in the army now." Oh my gosh, this girl is seriously testing my patience.
 
"Excuse me but if your going to just stand there and talk on the hospital's phone and talk about how cute or hot Huyunbin is, then you aren't doing your job properly. Would you please listen, I have an emergency and I need help." I growled. Her face was priceless, it was beyond shocked.
 
"Sorry, and thank you for listening. And I do think that Hyunbin is cute even with a track suit on." I said which made her smile.
 
 
I was waiting outside the waiting room as I suddenly had the feeling in my gut that something was wrong. Like I had forgotten something. I just shrugged the feeling in my gut as the doctor approached me.
 
"Are you Choi Sunmi?" The doctor asked as she approached me and I nodded in response.
 
"Well, your mother is fine. She just collapsed from all the fatigue. She collapsed, probably from all the work she was doing. Next time, please do make sure she doesn't over work herself." She smiled.
 
"Thank you, is it alright if I go see her now?" I asked.
 
"Hmm, yeah, that's fine. Just be careful around her and make sure that when you leave you let her sleep. She just has to stay in the hospital for the night but can go home tomorrow." The doctor explained as I literally leaped out of my seat, going inside my mother's hospital room.
 
As I quietly crept inside the room, I saw my mom, lying down on a gurney, an    attached to her upper arm.
 
"Umma." I felt tears b in my eyelids as looked at my mother. Gosh, she didn't deserve this.
 
"Shhh, honey, I'm alright. Come here." She held out her arms as I practically threw myself at her, giving her a hug, sobbing on her shoulder.
 
"Umma, I was so scared when I saw you collapse after I asked if you wanted a hot cocoa." I continued to sob on her shoulder as she my hair to calm me down.
 
"I'm fine now, aren't I? Nothing in the world can take down this Iron Lady. Not even King Kong or the Hulk." She said her voice full of pride. I shook my head, this is how I know when my mum is back to normal, when she gets back to her craziness.
 
"What time is it now Honey." My mum asked as she yawned. I glanced at my Hello Kitty watch.
 
"It's ten-thirty." I answered her. My eyes widened at the sudden realisation. 
 
How could I be so stupid? I can't believe I forgot about Taemin and our little date.
 
"Uhm, Umma, I'll leave you to sleep now. I just have to call someone and I'll come back." I said assuring her as I got up from her gurney.
 
"Sunmi, I know that you were supposed to go somewhere tonight. I'm sorry, you can go, you don't have to stay here with an old lady like me." No! I didn't want to leave my mum her, especially if she was in this state.
 
"Don't be silly, go to sleep. I'll be back." I said as I kissed her forehead. She willingly shut her eyelids as she drifted off to dreamland.
 
Thank God my mother was alright, I don't know what I'd do without her.
 
Now, all I had to sort out was Taemin.
 
I pulled out my phone from my pocket and called Taemin. Anticipating for him to answer. I wouldn't blame him if he was mad at me for standing him up. He picked up at the third ring.
 
"What's up?" He answered, thankfully he didn't sound pissed.
 
"Uhm, I'm afraid I have to cancel our date tonight. My mum is currently at the hospital and I just can't leave her alone." I explained, still feeling like a btch for now telling him earlier.
 
"Oh, I hope Auntie will get better soon." He answered.
 
"Yeah, I'm really sorry about our date. I just can't leave my mum alone in the hospital, she needs me." I said, feeling down, because I was actually looking forward to this date.
 
"What if you don't have to leave and you can still have a date with me?" He asked. I was confused, how would I do that at the same time? I asked myself.
 
"Turn around." I turned around, it took me by surprise that Taemin was standing in a hospital hallway. We both hunger up. My jaw still dropped from the surprise that he was here.
 
"T-Taemin?" I stuttered, God, why was I stuttering. Hold yourself together Sunmi! 
 
"Why are you here? How'd you even get here?" I asked as he just chuckled, typical.
 
"I got a call from my mum that your mum is currently in the hospital. So I figured, after waiting for an hour or so for you, I came here." He explained. Gosh, I'm such a jerk to Taemin, and he was nice enough to come to the hospital.
 
I could see that he was hiding something behind his back.
 
"Errr, here, it's for you." He said sheepishly as he revealed a white rose from behind his back. I gasped, how sweet!
 
"Thank you." I took the flower and smelled it glorious scent.
 
"How about we walk around." Taemin suggested.
 
"By the way, I love your attire." He smirked. I glanced down a my outfit. Holy Cheese! I was still wearing my spongebob PJ's with my super comfy uggs on. Don't judge alright? PJ's are super comfy and they have Spongebob on them!
 
"Gee, thanks." I gave him my best toothy grin.
 
 
 
Thanks to the hospitals magnificent location next to a river, Taemin and I walked around the park, enjoying our time together. Laughing and sharing jokes.
 
We stopped to admire the river and the city lights. It was amazing, the way the lights reflected on the water, how it seemed like it was dancing on the water having their own fun.
 
"It's really beautiful." I said as I continued to admire the view. Taemin's hand wrapped around my waist, which instantly made my eyes widen, but soon relaxed.
 
"Yes, it's beautiful but not as beautiful as you." He said looking into my eyes. Oh crap, why did Taemin have to be sweet?
 
"Thanks, sorry for cancelling our date." I apologised yet again.
 
"Shh, it's OK now, we're here and as long as we're here right now, in this moment together." Taemin said, gosh, this guy can say the sweetest things.
 
Taemin looked at me in the eyes, trapping me in his perfectly  magnificent brown orbs. It felt as if every movement around us just stopped. Like it was only the two of us left. My heart started to beat faster, I could have sworn I just missed a beat.
 
Taemin's face was getting closer and closer, I braced myself, this is it, I'm finally going to feel his lips on mine. 3..2..I didn't even have to to finish my own little countdown inside my head before his perfect lips crashed onto mine.
 
I wrapped my arms around his neck, whilst his we're wrapped around my waist. The kiss was amazing, he my bottom lip asking for entrance and I willingly opened my mouth giving access. His kiss was sending shivers though my spine, I could see and hear fireworks setting on in my mind.
 
Hold on, I can actually hear fireworks right now. I reluctantly pulled away from hot kiss. 
 
Bang! Pop! I could hear the fireworks, I looked up, the dark sky of Seuol was now covered in the colours of the rainbow as fireworks shot up in the sky.
 
I cuddled up to Taemin. "Happy New Year!" He greeted me.
 
"Happy New Year to you too."  I tiptoed to peck his lips.
 
I could see that Taemin obviously wanted more as he captured my lips once again, grabbing my waist pulling me closer.
 
After our rather hot make out, we pulled apart.
 
"Sunmi, I really like you. Would you be my girlfriend." He asked. My insides was jumping, did he really just ask me to be his girlfriend? This all seemed surreal. A smirk appeared on my lips as I thought of an evil plan.
 
"Uhm, how about no?" I smirked, his face was priceless. His jaw dropped, obviously surprised from my answer.
 
I pushed his jaw up, closing his mouth. "Silly, you have to woo me first." I giggled.
 
"We'll then, I guess I have to do everything in my power to say that magic word and become my girlfriend." He hugged me from behind and kissed me on the cheek.
 
"I already have the feeling that you'll say yes." He said arrogantly.
 
"Is that a challenge pretty boy?" I asked, amused.
 
"Whatever you want baby girl." He chuckled as he kissed my cheek again.
 
 
 
-----
 
Greetings Eathlings, sorry for the long wait :(
Been busy this past week. It's summer here and I love every bit off it.
I wanna get a tan and get rid of my pale legs, but I can't stop thinking about the risk of getting cancer :(
 
Thanks for reading!
Please subscribe, comment, and don't forget to vote!
Love you all :*