Award Night

When Brainiacs Fall in Love

 

Note: Let's pretend that they didn't receive their awards yet.

i.e: Trophies, medals, certificates.

--------

The next day we didn't attend school because of the awards night. But we had to attend the awards night later in the evening.

Yuri came over to my house and basically forced me wear a dress. I mean I love wearing dresses, but I just felt like wearing jeans and a t shirt that day.

She did my hair as well. I had to refuse to the makeup. I hate makeup. It’s like my enemy at fashion.

 

 

 

I wore an elegant cream coloured dress with a bow. While Yuri wore the black version of my dress. I had my hair curled while she kept hers straight.

Yuri and I then got dropped off at school. Unfortunately, both our parents  has work to attend to.

When we got off, we noticed that we weren't the only ones all suited up formally. 

Yuri then shot me a 'I-told-you-so' look. "Whatever." I replied as she just smiled at me.

I saw Kris near the entrance; he looked like he was looking for someone.

"Yuri, you can go inside first, I'm just going to greet a friend." I said. "Make sure you save me a seat!" "Okie Dokie!" She made an 'OK' sign.

"Hey Kris." Oh my and how stunning did he look in that tux. It's not every day that you get to see a handsome guy in a tux every day.

"Oh Hi Sunmi. You look beautiful tonight." I blushed. "You look stunning yourself." I complimented him back.

"By the way, you were pretty awesome yesterday!" I complimented his rapping. "Oh, thank you. I'm glad that you were there. How come you didn't say hi?" He asked. 

Oh yeah now to think about it, I didn't visit Kris because I was too shy to approach him. 

"Err, I had to visit my best friend backstage." I nervously rubbed my elbow. "Oh, that's fine I guess."

"You were Jjang! I never knew You could rap so good." I said. "Thanks." He smiled.

"Sunmi!" Oh no, not him, not while I'm talking to Kris!

"Oh wow" He looked at me. "Hey, aren't you guys going to go inside?" He asked.

"Oh yeah, it's about to start." I remembered as I looked at my Hello Kitty watch that did not match my attire.

I quickly found Yuri and sat next to her.

Lee Sooman then walked on stage towards the podium. "Hello and Welcome to the Annual awards ceremony for the Math/Science and Singing/Dance Competition!" He spoke through the mic.

"We'll start with the Academics!" He said. "For the Science Speed Quiz, come on over. Please hold your applause 'til the end.

"Let's Announce the winner of the Speed Science Quiz. Please hold the applause for the end." He said. "For the Fourth Place is Mr. Kim Kibum!" He announced as Key appeared on stage with a tux, receiving a handshake from Lee Sooman and his medal.

"For Third place is Mr. Lee Jinki! Congratulations!" He smiled. Onew then appeared on stage with a dashing black polo shirt with a bow tie and slacks. The both exchanged handshakes as Sooman handed Onew his certificates and bronze trophy, with his name engraved on it.

"Finally, for the First and Second place." He chuckled. " In Second place is, Miss. Choi Sunmi! Congratulations young lady!" I got up from my seat and walked on stage. We bowed and he handed me my Second Place trophy. Great, another to add to my collection of second place achievements.

"OK, Ladies and Gentlemen, I announce the winner of the Science Speed Quiz. Mr. Lee Taemin!" Taemin walked up onstage. He was wearing a black tux with a black bowtie. He looked, /presentable/.

They exchanged handshakes.

"Hey Sunmi, you look nice in that dress." I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, sure thanks. You don't look so bad in that tux either" I complimented him. "Did you just compliment me?" He smirked.

"OK, let's give these outstanding achievers a round of applause!" He clapped and the audience followed.

All four of us bowed at the same time as we exited from the stage. 

"Well Done honey!" Yuri welcomed me.

"OK, now for the winners of the Math Competition. Once again please hold your applause 'till the end." He paused. "Placing Fourth place is Mr. Choi Minho!" Lee Sooman announced. Wow, Minho got Fourth place. Well then again, he's good at Math.

Minho then walked on stage with a white polo shirt, with the sleeves rolled up, with a matching black tie and slacks.

"Next, placing in third place is Mr. Lee Jinki. Congratulations!" Onew once again appeared on stage, with his attire and collected his Third Place trophy.

"Oh, looks like we have a tie for first place this year’s Math Competition." My eyes widened. No way, that means...

"Congratulations to Miss Choi Sunmi and Mr. Lee Taemin!" My mouth formed an 'o' shape. Literally.

I walked on stage with Taemin. I couldn't believe it, it's the first time I've place first or have been in a tie with Taemin before.

I knew Taemin wasn't too happy with the outcome because I knew he wanted to beat me. He just has that happy exterior to cover it up.

Sooman handed us our trophies and certificates and congratulated us. 

"Looks like, we finally tied at something." He smirked. "Yes, and it feels soo good." I replied. No wonder why Taemin loved beating me!

I retreated back to my seat as Yuri congratulated me again that day.

"Hey, Yuri that song you performed yesterday. Was that by any chance your group's debut song?" I asked, curious. She choked on the water which she was drinking. "How's you know?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Just a guess." "Just a guess, well that's on hell'of a guess you got there. And yes it was our debut song. Hyoyeon and I did the chereo and Taeyeon and Seohyun did the lyrics." She confessed.

"Well it was GREAT performance and I mean it. You girls rocked that stage." I complimented.

"OK, it's time to announce this tees winners of the Arts Competiton of Singing and Dancing. I saw a lot of talented young boys yesterday that grabbed my, BoA and Kangta's attention." He smiled. "We handpicked twelve talented boys." 

"And they are, Wu Fan, Luhan, Huang Zi Tao, Yixing, Oh Sehun, Byun Baekhyun, Do Kyunsoo, Park Chanyeol, Kim Jongin,  " He read out from a cue card. "May I welcome these boys up in stage."

One by one twelve dashing young men walked up on stage claiming their certificates.

"All three of us as judges couldn't believe at the talent you all showcased yesterday. We could help but choose all twelve of you boys. Talent like that can't be put to waste." Sooman said.

I'm so happy for those boys. Especially Kris who had just transferred. What an achievement.

 

-----

 

Later that evening, I was really busting to go to the toilet. So I had excused myself from the party to go to the toilet.

"Choi Sunmi." Uh-oh, not him, not now, especially when I really need to go toilet, but i must not show him my weak side!

"Neh?" I turned to face his direction.

"You got First place huh? With me, but that still doesn't mean that you've beaten me." He said arrogantly. Oh My god, he's even more cocky.

"Yes, I know, I still haven't beaten you. Now will you please excuse me." Finally, time to go toilet. But then I bumped into someone unexpected.

"Sunmi?" He said. Nooo! I was soo close to the toilet. I mentally face palmed myself.

"Hi Kris." I beamed. "Congratulations!" He cheerfully said. "Oh, congratz to you too!" I clapped. I tried to hide my sour face, but couldn't help it.

"Uhm, Kris, would you excuse me?" I literally ran towards the toilet.

 

"Ahhh~" Finally, I got to pee!

When I got out of the toilet, I noticed that Kris was still outside. Was he waiting for me?

"Err, Hi?" I said. "Oh, Hi Sunmi, I guess that's why you had the sour face on." He smiled. "What?! No! I really needed.." I blushed. "To Pee." I whispered.

“It’s OK, everyone needs to pee once in a while.” He laughed. “Yah! I never said that you were allowed to laugh!” I pointed towards him while pouting. “OK, OK I’m sorry.” He stopped laughing.

“Look, I’m sorry. Peace?” He held out his hand. I looked at it for a while, the shook his hand as we smiled to each other.

 

___________

 

Hello My readers! I have Updated again today!
I was trying to do my holiday homework, it was an essay, I was going crazy because I didn't know what to write.
I'm stuck....in the mud :P