Making Bentos

When Brainiacs Fall in Love

Thanks for Reading!

-----

 

When we got back to school, almost half of the class started to work on making bentos. While the rest planned on the gaming booth of 'Dunk'd'.

Luckily, while we were gone, Onew had already booked us a Kitchen at the Arts Campus. So with the help of the strong males in our class, the what seemed like a thousand shopping bags were then carried into the kitchen.

"OK, Ladies and Gents, let's get a crack on these bentos. Let's try to make a hundred today and a hundred again tomorrow." I said. 

"We will be making a Japanese bento, just a standard one. We'll make an original and a vegetarian one. You know for those that are vegan." I said. "We will make a healthy bento lunchbox containing, onigiri, veggies, some little sausages, egg. And your free to decorate as many bentos as you can. As long as they look pretty."
 

"Alright let's get cracking!" I said as I went to go cook the rice. We had to wait for the rice to cook so we all started to cook the other ingredients.

I went to go cook the veggies while others cooked the other ingredients.

To be honest the school kitchen didn't look like a kitchen anymore. On the floor, there were around 200 empty bentos. Ingredients and shopping bags were scattered all over the bench top. Girls, looked like girls cooking.

"Guys, let's put all our cooked ingredients in the centre so if we need any we can just grab it." I said, as we all managed to finish cooking our ingredients that were needed.

"Ping!" The sound of Rice cookers alarmed, signalling that it was finished.

"Come on Ladies, let's start on the onigiri" I said.

While I was forming my first rice ball, we got rudely interuppted by someone.

"Omo! Is this true?" He exaggerated. "Sunmi's cooking and she didn't even burn the kitchen?"

"Yah! I'll cook your mushroom head and purposely burn it if you don't shut up!" I pointed towards him with the spatula in my hand just like my Umma.

"Never!" He complained like a kid. I rolled my eyes at his childness.

"What are you doing here anyway?" I asked. 

"Oh yeah, I am here with some other guys because we finished ordering the stall, it will arrive tomorrow by the way." He explained. "We're here to help!" 

"Great, do any of you have any experience of being in the kitchen, actually cooking and not raiding the fridge?" I asked. As expected, no one raised their hands or say anything.

"Alright, ah! I know what you guys can do!" I seriously had a light bulb moment then. I pointed toward the sinks with huge piles of dirty dishes to wash.

They all groaned and basically dragged their feet towards the sink. 

"I hate washing the dishes." They all groaned. "Shhhhh!" I shushed them.

"You're a cruel, cruel lady." Taemin commented as he was washing the pots and other culinary items Yuri and I used. Yuri and I exchanged Hi-5s.

Eventually, the boys finished washing the dishes. Which meant they had to help us.

So I told them to pair up with a girl so they can tell them what to do. I saw all the girls blush and all the boys were laid back and choose random girls.

Girls started to blush when a cutie approached their bench top. I sighed, I wish Kris was here. I mean what?! I shook all thoughts away from my mind. Gosh, how could my mind wonder off somewhere.

"Hey Sunmi!" Onew hollered. “Oh Hi Onew. Want to work with me?" I said. He nodded as he walked towards my benchtop. But then some mushroom headed guy just had to push the innocent chicken lover out of the way.

I rolled my eyes. "Hyung! At least you can actually cook something, you don't need help.." He reasoned. "I on the other hand needs help in the kitchen." 

"Well too bad, I'd rather have Onew work with me than you." I objected. "Nah, Taemin is right, he should work with you." Onew smiled as he walked away.

"Ughh." I glared at Taemin. "Hey." I suddenly remembered something. "You said that you 'needed help'" I teased

"Whatever, this is a field which I am not very good at." Taemin said. "You know, just like you in sports"

"Yah! Uhh, oh yeah. I at sports." I couldn't object at that one. I'm the black hole at sports. The complete opposite to Taemin.

I'm probably only good at badminton. Sigh, everyone has something that they're not good at. And sports was what I wasn't good at. I was afraid to get hit by the ball.

But I have to admit, Hockey is pretty fun as well. Except for the fact that my own best friend wacked my ankle with the hockey stick and she was on my team! That was funny. (A.N- This actually happened to me earlier in the year)

"Taemin, I know what you can do. You can cut this broccoli. Cut it from the branches." He nodded, just before he was about to chop a part, I butted in. "Wait! before you do that, wash it first!" I scolded.

"Sorry Ma'am, I'm only human." He pouted as he started to wash the broccoli.

I started to decorate my first bento.
 

-------

 

 

"Done!" I said as I finished making about seven bentos at the end of the day. We managed to make a total of 124 bentos that day.

The designs looked awesome, girls really do have that artistic and feminine sense to them.


"Good Job Ladies and Gents." I applauded. "Now, we must start to clean. No sneaking out. This kitchen must be spotless before we go!" I demanded.

The girls started to clean while the men started to groan. Men + Cleaning = does not add up. Usually.

"Yah! Taemin, where are you going?" I asked as I caught that he was halfway out of the door. 

"Err, I was just looking out to the hallways for, Err, teachers, yeah, teachers." He explained. "Yeah, sure, whatever, now come help me clean this" I said.

The mess on our bench top was mostly because of Taemin. While he was chopping veggies, they came flying everywhere, eventually hitting his own eyes. To sum it up, it looked like a tornado came and messed up the place.

He groaned as he picked up the carrot peels and little pieces of broccoli which was not cut in proportion. His face was sour as he picked them up and chucked them in the bin.

I just looked at him and started to laugh. "Yah! Why are you laughing?" He asked ."Because you're cleaning up the mess you made and your facial expressions are so funny." I clenched my tummy from all the laughter.

"Oh, this is funny huh?" He threw a broccoli at me. "Yah! Don't waste food." I shouted at him as I splashed water at him. "You hypocrite! Don't waste water!" He retaliated.

"Yah!" I cupped water in my, but Taemin already ran away to the opposite side of the bench. When I'd turn right, he'd turn the opposite way.

I then ran after him but gave up thanks to my low stamina. Then I felt my back get wet. I turned around and saw Taemin. 

"You are so going to pay Mushroom Head!" I shouted as I chased after him.
 

After a fun fest of chasing and throwing things at each other, the kitchen was eventually clean. 

"Alright, guys, you can all go home now." Onew said as everyone dispersed from the classroom.

Before I could leave the classroom Yuri stopped me. "Yah. Wait for a bit." She said as she quickly grabbed her bag and we went home. While we were walking a strange topic came up.

"Hey, something strange was happening just before." Yuri started. "You seemed like you were having a really good time." "What do you mean? I'm like that all the time." I was confused at what she said. 

Yuri sighed. "I saw the look in Taemin's eyes." She smiled. "It looked like something alright." My eyes widened. "What are you proposing? That?" I asked. "You're so daft sometimes." Yuri shook her head.

"Yah! Tell me." I bugged her all the way home.

---------

 

Sup Babycakes! LMAO XD
Me updated again.
I have no school tomorrow until 1 o'clock, for th last periods because our teacher's are on strike
I see no point in going to school though.
My friends and I are gonna go to the park in our uniform before going to school.
Because we're rebel! :D
 
You know what I found out the other day? The cutest couple in our school broke up!
And they've been going out for what? Like a year now.
Apparently, the guy just said "i don't like you anymore." and left her hanging. What a cold-hearted jerk. Those people actually exist *shakes head*
 
YES! I LIKE 1D and Niall is so adorbs!
But I'm not like one of those obsessed fans, I just like their songs <3
 
jokes XD
 
Thanks For Reading! <3
Please SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT! ;D