Merry Chritmas!

When Brainiacs Fall in Love
Happy Reading!
Sorry for Late Update!
---------
 
 
 
 
Oh No, how come I never saw this coming before?
 
I'm so blind, this isn't supposed to happen, rivals aren't supposed to like or love each other. Their supposed to hate and compete with each other, right?
 
I'm not even sure myself, this whole thing is so Ludacris, it's crazy, it's weird.
 
I might have to get myself checked up.
 
Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and I have to face the guy. Great going life, why must you be so complicated. I remember when times used to be that I would just play around, not having to care about the world.
 
I might as well tell Yuri. But she's already asleep. 
 
I want to tell her, but she's already asleep, probably in her dreamland.
 
Who cares, she can punch me later but this is important and I'm so confused. She's the only one, apart from my mother who knows me well, and I to her.
 
"Yuri-ah~" I called out. She didn't budge.
 
I shook her this time, she still didn't move an inch.
 
"Yuri-ah, look it’s Wonbin Oppa!" I shrieked, as if it was some kind of awakening potion used in a Pokémon game, Yuri immediately arose from her stationary position.
 
"Huh, what? Where?" She looked left and right. "Wonbin Oppa's not here."
 
She then gave one me her trademark death glares.
 
"Alright, so Wonbin Oppa isn't really here, but I have an emergency, and was practically the only thing that got you to wake up." I smiled, explaining the situation to the confused, just woke up Yuri.
 
"I'm fully aware of that, seeing as I can't find that handsome man anywhere." She cracked a smile. 
 
"So what's that emergency of yours?" She asked. 
 
Here I go, I'm about to reveal to her everything.
 
I take a deep breath and looked at Yuri, looking through her eyes. I know I can trust her.
 
"I like Taemin." My eyes quickly reverted to my fidgeting palms.
 
Nothing, I don't hear anything, no response at all. I half expected her to laugh at me because I like Taemin, the guy whom I hate. But no, I don't hear any noise of laughter.
 
I force my eyes to look up and look at Yuri, only to see her smiling.
 
"Why are you smiling?" I asked, slightly confused.
 
For a second, she just kept smiling.
 
"I knew it." She continued to smile. "I knew you liked Taemin."
 
"Huh?" I continued to look at her with my confused face on.
 
"Sunmi, I know you hate Taemin, but you can't deny the fact that a part of your fragile heart likes him. Well, because it's true. Anyone can tell." She said. 
 
Anyone can tell how you two react with each other. Last night, I saw you smile, with sparkles in your eyes when you were dancing with him." She continued.
 
"But Yuri, I feel as if this is wrong, I'm supposed to hate Taemin not like him." I explained. "What should I do?"
 
"I say, you should use your confidence in confessing to him!" She said bodily.
 
"What? I can't do that, I hate him, and he hates me. What if he doesn't like me? What if he rejects me like the cruel person he is?" I look down, avoiding any glances from Yuri.
 
Yuri carefully lifts my chin up.
 
“Listen, you are a very intelligent, beautiful and funny girl. I don't see why Taemin wouldn't fancy you or anyone like you." She smiled. "Use your courage and seize the day."
 
Seize the day, I love that saying and Yuri knows it.
 
"Fine, I'll try." I smiled.
 
"You should have seen your face while you we're sleeping!" I said, changing the topic.
 
"What? Did I drool again?" She asked and we both busted out laughing.
 
 
-----
 
 
 
"Yah Sunmi! Are you ready yet?" Umma asked, more like shouted from across the room.
 
"Almost, hold on!" I said as I slipped into my reds weather, it had the cutest little deers on it, perfect for the Christmas season. I looked in the mirror, I felt as if something was missing.
 
I snapped my fingers as I remembered what it was. I quickly looked in my drawers and found my red Christmas hat.
 
"There, perfect." I smiled, looking at my outfit in total satisfaction.
 
The Lee's and Choi's always have Christmas dinner together, this year, the dinner is at our house. Since our family is the host tonight, we have to make everything as presentable as possible.
 
When I reached the dining room it was like I was in a Christmas wonderland, everything was decorated in white and gold. The table was set, a white table cloth was spread throughout the table, all the cutlery was shined and polished. A Christmas tree stood proudly in a corner with ornaments I decorated myself and presents were neatly tucked under the synthetic tree.
 
The only thing missing was food on the table. I quickly went to the kitchen to check up on what the Chef's had cooked this time.
 
Then I spotted a cupcake tower, handmade cupcakes were placed on every floor of the tower. I seriously want to eat one right now.
 
I looked left and right and quickly took one of the spares.
 
I the icing and turned around. Wow, this icing is amazing.
 
"Enjoying yourself, are we?" I followed to where the voice came from, which was to the door.
 
A figure stood ever so arrogantly against the wall, crossing his arms and a smirk plastered across his face.
 
"Nice to see you too Taemin." I returned his smirk with smile.
 
He approached me, his face getting closer to mine. Not again!
 
I stood completely still, stunned by his actions, once again. Why does this keep a happening to me, I feel something funny in the pit of my stomach.
 
He snickered, and ran his thumb across the corner of my mouth. My eyes widened, again he surprises me with his, attacks.
 
"Always the messy eater." He shakes his head, smiling.
 
I composed myself.
 
"So, what are you doing here? The party doesn't start until," I looked at my favourite Hello Kitty watch. "An hour or so."
 
"Wae? I'm not allowed to come to the party earlier?" He asked rhetorically as I rolled my eyes.
 
The doorbell rang, I quickly ran to the door. Opening the door revealing my favourite cousins.
 
"Jaeojoong Oppa and Woohyun Oppa!" I screamed.
 
"Merry Christmas Kiddo!" Jaejoong said as he hugged me.
 
"Merry Christmas Sunmi!" Hye Mi Unnie came through the door, with Sehun standing behind her, holding all the presents.
 
I hugged Hye Mi Unnie, but felt something in between our tummies.
 
My eyes widened as  I realised what had just happened.
 
"Kyaaa! Congrats Unnie! Congrats Oppa!" I screamed in delight.
 
(A.N - for those who don't know who the Woomi (Woohyun + Hye Mi) couple is, they’re the couple from my other story, they're just having a cameo appearance in this chapter. And Sehun happens to be Hye Mi’s brother.)
 
"Come in everyone!" I said as I cheerfully lead them into the family room.
 
"Ahem!" I heard Taemin cough gently.
 
"Oh and guys, if you don't already know, the Lee's are joining us for dinner tonight, as you can see Taemin is already here." I notified them.
 
"Oooh, why is Taemin here already?" Hye Mi Unnie smirked at me, while Woohyun Oppa made whistling noises.
 
My eyes widened, and waved my hands in disapproval.
 
"No, it's not like that, he just showed up here early." I tried to clear all misunderstandings.
 
"Yeah, sure, we believe you." Woohyun Oppa winked at me, signalling sarcasm.
 
To be honest, I was a little happy that Taemin was here a little early, but thanks to him, my tummy was getting weird feelings. 
 
 
-------
 
 
 
After the rest of the Lee's arrived we all dug into our dinner, admiring and giving praise to the chefs who had beautifully prepared our delicious dinner. 
 
They had prepared the signature Christmas ham, smothered in pineapple drizzle, it was absolutely to die for, literally. The best desert of cupcakes and
 
After dinner, everyone exchanged gifts. This was my favourite part of Christmas, I love getting a variety of gifts on an occasion other than my birthday.
 
One present this year had caught my eye. It was from the Lee family. It was a box, wrapped in a purple silk ribbon which held the box together, concealing the present inside.
 
"Go ahead, open it dear." Auntie insisted, if auntie insists then whatever is inside must be worth it.
 
I nodded carefully untied the perfect ribbon, I lifted the lid of the box, a gasp escaping my mouth, which I soon covered with my proffered hand. It was a dress, I haven't even gotten it out of the box yet but it already looks exquisite.
 
I took the dress out of the box and took a good look at it. It was a very beautiful dress; it was a strapless Maxi dress that is turquoise in colour. I saw this on the Internet while Yuri and I were doing our annual designer dress shopping.
 
How'd they get it? This dress is part of the Spring/Summer Collection and isn't out out for a good 3 months or so.
 
Unbelievable.
 
I got up and hugged my Auntie personally.
 
"Thanks for this dress Auntie!" I thanked her.
 
"Oh, you’re welcome honey. But if you're looking for someone to thank for that dress, it was Taemin here who picked out this dress, not me." She smiled as we pulled away from the hug.
 
I could see that Jieun, Taemin's sister was nodding her head. I glanced at Taemin, who was rubbing his neck, looking down, I assume to avoid any eye contact from me.
 
"Thank you Taemin, err, for you know, choosing this dress. I love it." I thanked him.
 
 
Minutes before midnight, I decided to go outside, breathe in the fresh air. Taking a break from all the festive activities, everyone was pretty much drunk from the wine. Well except for Jieun, Hye Mi Unnie, Taemin and I, well for obvious reasons.
 
It's going to be a new year soon. The year went by so fast. Well these months, thanks to school have gone quick. So many events had happened.
 
"Enjoying the time to ourselves are we?" A manly voice asked from behind, in an instant I already knew who that voice belonged to.
 
"Maybe. What's it to you?" I asked, as I hugged myself as the winter breeze just brushed past us.
 
"Why aren't you inside? It's cold out here." He explained as I narrowed my eyes at him, hinting my my suspicions.
 
"Err, I'm just worried you know. What if you catch a cold?" Did I hear that right? Taemin is actually worried for me? I don't know if I should squeal in happiness or punch him.
 
"Are you actually worried for me?" I asked and glanced at him. He was/cutely/ rubbing the back of his neck while avoiding my gaze, again. But after a matter of seconds, he looked at me, locking our gazes upon each other. His gaze was powerful, it was like there was an invisible force pulling me towards him. 
 
Then he did the unexpected, well it might not be that big, but he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me towards him. My eyes widened at his action. My cheeks are now as hot as a hot cocoa and as red as a tomato
 
"Let's just stay like this for a while." He had a smug expression on his face.
 
Damn it! Why aren't you pulling away? I asked as my body betrayed me.
 
"You know Sunmi, I've always wondered. Why do you dislike me? Is it because I beat you in Academics or what?" It's not just that, I dislike the fact that I like you. 
 
"Hey, it's going to be a new year soon, a chance for new beginnings. How about we make amends for the past years and turn over a new leaf?" He suggests. That's not actually a bad idea.
 
"So I was thinking, that maybe on New Year's Eve, We could hang out together, just before the New Year starts." Wait? Did he just indirectly ask me out?
 
Oh My Glob!
 
 
(A.N - I just love LSP from Adventure Time. Who else here loves LSP &/or Adventure Time?)
 
 
"I'd like that." I smiled, looking at him in the eyes.
 
"Re-really?" Taemin asked, a little too enthusiastically.
 
He coughed, clearing his throat, "I mean, really?" He said in his normal deep and arrogant voice.
 
I mentally laughed inside my head.
 
"That sounds great. Meet me at Namsan Tower so we can countdown to the New Year." Taemin suggested. "Let's meet at nine, I'll take you out to dinner, being the gentleman that I am."
 
"Perfect, you're not asking me out, are you?" I asked, totally regretting I asked.
 
He smirked evilly.
 
"You're so naïve sometimes." He winked and walked away, leaving me standing there in the cold. 
 
"What a jerk." I muttered as I stomped back inside.
 
But on the inside, I was filled with happiness and excitement. I mean who wouldn't. I get free dinner on New Year's Eve! So did he ask me out or what?
 

 

-----

 

Hey guys!
firstly, I'd like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
 
 
 
Since, it has been the holidays I've been busy :(
I received many presents, I hope you guys did as well!
 
On New Year's Eve, I went to the city with some Family friends and watched the fireworks.
My feet was literally dead and tired at the end of the day :(
 
Oh, and here's Kevin saying Hello:
 
 
 
 
Thanks for Subscribing, Reading, Commenting <3
Happy Holidays Guys! :)