Feelings?

When Brainiacs Fall in Love

thanks for reading! <3

--------


I woke up from my slumber and did my daily routine of stretching, then washed up and proceeded downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Good Morning Sunmi." My mum said as she was eating her breakfast. I said good morning back.

"How was the auction thing?" She asked, her eyes showed interest.

"Uhh, why are you looking at me like that?" I asked. "Anyways, it was alright. How was the conference?" I asked trying to navigate away from this topic as I wasn't comfortable talking about.

"Hey, I'm not done talking about the auction thing and don't try to change the subject." She said.

How'd she know?

"Umma, it's like you know what already happened and you just want me to say it myself." I said smartly, eyeing her.

My mother's hung her head down. She always did this to make me feel guilty and tell her or do what she wants.

"Alright, if you really want to know all the gossip, I'll tell you, but! Only because your my mum and I love you." I sighed as I began telling her what happened last night, minus the last part.

"Oh dear, where's that Minji girl! Want mummy to liquidate her family business?" My mum raged.

"Oh no Mum, don't do that, it's too much. I'm fine, Taemin brought me home and stood up for me." I explained thinking about last night.

My mum looked at me with dreamy eyes. Was there something on my face? Why was she looking at me like that? I narrowed my eyes at her, I felt a suspicious aura around her.

I then had that light bulb moment, you know the one when you suddenly realise something.

Well, that just happened to me.

"You talked to Auntie didn't you!" I accused. She looked t me innocently.

"I did talk to Taemin's ummma but I talked to someone before her." She smirked. 

Oh no she didn't!

"You talked to Yuri didn't you!" I finally realised, who else would have known about it and was close to my mum, other than Yuri!

"I heard that you and Taemin looked cute together." She smiled drawing a heart with her fingers.

"Aish, you know what, I'm going to school now." I said, as I bade farewell, grabbed my bag.

"Have fun at school Honey! Say hi to Taemin for me!" She waved cheerfully from the table.

Aish, this is embarrassing, I didn't want my mum to find out because I knew she would tease the hell out of me, like what she's doing right now.

Why did the auction have to be on a Thursday? Why couldn't it be on a friday so that the weekend would be straight after the party.

I don't feel like going to school anymore, but a part of me does and I don't know why.

As per usual, I greet the security guard, Mr Kim an then make my way inside the school.

Then, I saw him, he was standing by his locker with his friends, laughing about something.

Key then nudges him, motioning towards me. I'm confused, they don't usually do this, is there something wrong with me? Something on my faced or this case my shoulder.

Taemin acknowledge me with a smile, oh no, it's that smile again. Those brown eyes staring back at me, capturing me.

In my chest, I could feel something beat faster. I don't know what it is but I don't dislike it nor do I like it.

I just don't know.

Taemin was smiling waving at me, I looked away, breaking eye contact.

This is weird, this is wrong. 

I've got to find Yuri.

Reluctantly, I find her at her locker.

"Hey babe." She greets me.

 

-------
 

 

Today, many occurrences had happened, every time I would glance at Taemin the same things would happen. That pounding thing in my chest would happen. I would try to avoid Taemin all day but he always seems to pop out off somewhere and show himself.

Today Yuri suggested that we'd watch a drama, have a little girl time because apparently we haven't been having that lately.

So as of now, Yuri and I are setting up the room, she's sleeping over today so we laid down some futons and scattered pillows everywhere.

"Remember when we would build cubby houses?" Yuri asked. 

"Yeah, and we would always be intruded by my brother and his friends." I pouted.

"Every time they did we'd always kick their asses." We exchanged Hi-5's.

Then we got comfortable clutching our teddies tight as the drama began.

It was the typical romance drama, all the happy moments mixed with a lot of twists.

There was this one particular scene which caught my attention. Not saying that I wasn't paying attention this whole time in watching the drama.

I paid attention because this scene reflected on what was happening to me at the moment.

The girl went out on a date at the park with the guy, the day before and they almost kissed but got blocked by a duck quaking.

Yeah, I know it's funny and annoying at the same time.

Before all that happened, the girl started to feel something, her chest was pumping, she was getting lost in the guy's eyes and stayed like that for a while.

The next day, she was trying to avoid the guy because and every time she saw him and their eyes met, the same things happened.

It was exactly the same as me. It was like we were both sick, and the symptoms were: heart racing and heart fluttering.

Oh no, a big realisation came to my head. We did catch something together and it wasn't the flu.

It was the love bug.

I had all the symptoms of a love bug: my heart would race and flutter whenever I saw him. And we have been spending a lot of time lately. Not like we don't already. And I was mad at Minji or clinging onto Taemin.

So it's true, I've been bitten by the love bug.

I think, I think I like Taemin.

I like my rival, my one and only rival.

 

 

 

-------

 

An update for you!
I wanted to make sure that I update before the world ended.
LOL as if the worlds going to end.
I declare that the world will not end until I marry this guy (:

  

/le faints/

 

Oooh, it seems as if Sunmi figured it out herself, what will happen next?

Please Comment and subcribe (: