chapter 6

The Real Water Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The figure I saw lying on the ground was my grandma. I rushed to her side. Shaking her shoulders slightly in hopes she would wake up. My attempt to wake her up was useless. Niel Rushed to my side. Grabbing her hand he checked for a pulse.

“Grandma! Wake up please!”

“E-Eunbin?”

At the sound of her voice my eyes shot open

“Neh”

“Oh sweet heart. What am I doing on the ground?”

Worry crossed my face when I realised what happened. Niel was by my side with the same worried expression as me. After placing grandma into her room, I walked Niel towards the front door since it was already late.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to stay with you tonight?”

“Neh oppa. I think its best if you go home and rest”

“But what about-“

“I’ll look after her”

Niel didn’t want to leave me alone knowing that I would have my hands full. Smiling warmly at Niel, I opened the door for him.

“Thanks for walking me home Oppa”

“If anything happens again, ring me”

“Neh”

With a heavy sigh Niel left. Walking into grandma’s room I noticed that she looked very pale. Ever since she has been sick, she would often black out and not remember what had happened. Many times I tried to heal her, but no matter how hard I tried nothing would work.

Taking a seat on the side of the bed, I fixed the blankets until they met her shoulders. Gazing at her I wished that I could take the pain away. She has done so much for me, and raising me was no easy task.

*please get better soon grandma. I don’t know what I’ll do without you*

 

~~~~~ooOOoo~~~~~~

The next morning I woke up early to cheek on my Grandma. After getting changed and brushing my teeth, I headed off down the hall way towards her room. Opening the door as quietly as I could, peered through the gap that I had created only to find her bed empty.

Swinging the door all the way open i searched her room. After checking everywhere in her room, I decided to head to towards the main dining area. As I turned the corner I jumped back slightly, startled by my Grandma’s movement. She was setting the table for breakfast, so she must have heard me get up.

She walked towards the cupboards to pull out two glasses from the top shelves. She struggled slightly at the height of the shelf, as she stood on her tippy toes.

“Grandma! Let me get them”

I said as I rushed over. I was still concerned for her health, since she collapsed last night. After places the cups down on the bench, I grabbed both of Grandma’s hands. Shocked by my sudden action she turned to me with a puzzled look on her face.

“Eunbin, what are you doi-“

“You should be resting”

I said cutting her off. I wasn’t one to disrespect elders but when it came to the only family I had, I would do anything to keep them safe. If I lost my Grandma I would be lost. I know I have Niel but Grandma has been there ever since my parents disappeared.

Grandma sighed heavily as she pulled her hands away. Grabbing the cups she placed them on the table, before walking over to get the fruit she had cut up.

“Grandma Im serious, you condition is getting worse and you need to rest. You shouldn’t go and heal people today since you’re still weak”

“Im perfectly fine Eunbin”

She said with a chuckle. I knew she was lying to me since her smile soon faded. She wasn’t her usual happy self this morning, and I had a feeling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter