Chapter 23

The Real Water Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days later I was finally given permission to return to the academy. The news about my wedding to JR seemed to have spread like fire as every student was talking about it. As I walked down the hall way towards my locker, I couldn’t help but feel uneasy. I was scared that Niel had found out about the wedding and wouldn’t want to talk to me but as I got closer to my locker, I could see him leaning against it with his arms crossed.

“Niel?’ A whispered as I got closer to him. At the sound of my voice he lifted his head, locking his gaze on me before sloping down to the ring on my finger. “So it true? You are marrying him?” his words were full of something I couldn’t pick up. It sounded deep and full of emotions that I couldn’t decipher which one it was.

Nodding my head I lowered my gaze. “It’s for the best of the people” I whispered only to receive a snort from him. “The best for the people? Or the best for the fire tribe?” “Niel-“I was cut off when someone pulled my back. Looking at the person in front of me, the red uniform and hair told me that JR had heard the whole thing.

“Don’t speak to the princess like that, peasant” JR said through gritted teeth. Placing my hand on his upper arm I softly spoke. “JR oppa please, stop” Sighing JR grabbed my hand and interlaced his fingers with mine. A warm tingle ran down my back but fear filled my chest. This was wrong I knew it was but I also like the feeling of being with JR.

Before I was able to speak, Niel had grabbed JR by the collar and slammed him up against the lockers. “You and your fire nation are only doing this to become more power full” Niel snarled as he glared at him. “You know nothing. I’m doing this because I love Eunbi-“I sickening crunch echoed through the hallway.

“Stop!” I yelled as I tried to pull Niel off JR but with no avail. Looking around at the crowed that was forming I had no other choice but to use my bending. Clenching my fist, I raised to the front of me before throwing my hand out towards my side. Water had latched onto Niel’s arm before throwing him onto the ground.

Gasp’s echoed through the hall way as students watched stunned that I had used my bending on my own tribe member. “Niel stop” meeting eyes with Niel l I could see how hurt he was. “I’m doing this for our people. And for you” I whispered the last part but Niel was able to pick it up. Standing to his feet he glared at me for the first time.

“For me! You’re doing this for yourself. I was the one that looked after you! I was the one that loved you first!” pain hit my chest from his words. *He loved me?* “Niel I-““save it. Your married now” with that Niel looked between JR and me before walking off down the hallway.

“Eunbin!” a voice yelled. Rushing to my side, Yoseob frantically looked over my face. “Are you okay? I saw the whole thing” Closing my eyes I tried to stop the tears that were threatening to fall. Grabbing my hand JR started to pull me away from the crowed. “Not here Eunbin, come on”

 

Throughout the whole day Niel had not spoken a word t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter