chapter 16

The Real Water Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as the battle ended between Sunyoung and I, school was dismissed for the rest of the day. We had been told that the queen and King needed time to talk, so all students were sent home. Walking back towards our tribe, Teen top couldn’t stop talking about my match. They kept saying how the queen just waved her hand and the blade was gone.

I was confused. Why would the queen stop the blade? Okay it was against the rules to use such weapons like that but she didn’t have to interfere in the match, did she? Sighing I ran my hand through my hair. I was drained from today and all I wanted to do was get home to grandma and tell her that I had won the match.

As we rounded the corner to our village, we noticed that there seemed to be a big fuss. People were moving around, gossiping whilst other seemed to be looking for someone. As we got closer to the tribe, one of the elder’s noticed us. Her eyes landed on me before they rounded. Running towards me she grabbed my shoulders. She looked upset and scared.

“Eunbin, you need to come with me” Her voice broke slightly as if she had been crying. Neil frowned. “Is there something wrong?” The elder of the tribe nodded her head. “It’s your grandma Eunbin” At the mention of her my eyes widened. “No” I whispered. Without saying another word I ran towards the small healing area of the tribe. “Eunbin!” the boys yelled before chasing after me.

Running through the crowd of people, I prayed that she would be okay. I prayed that she hadn’t left yet, since I had so much I wanted to say to her. Rushing through the blue curtains of the healing room, I came to a sudden stop at the person lying on the bed. They looked weak and very pale but that wasn’t the only person there.

Sitting beside my grandma was the queen. She looked like she had been crying as she held my grandma’s hand. “Grandma?” I whispered. Turning her head the queen sadly gazed at me. “Eunbin are you-“Chunji stopped along with the rest of the group as the spotted the queen. Bowing before her they made sure not to say anything.

“Eunbin” she whispered. Walking closer towards the bed I noticed grandma was awake. Kneeling down beside the bed, I grabbed grandma’s hand from the queen. “Grandma what happened? Are you okay? Please tell me your okay?” I whispered as I sniffled. A lump was forming in the back of my throat as I gazed down at her.

Smiling she lifted her hand to place it on my cheek. “You’ve grown up so well darling” grasping her hand I furiously shook my head. “Don’t talk like you’re never going to see me again” Grandma weakly smiled up at me. Her gazed moved to the queen before back to me. “You look just like your mother Eunbin” Eunbin nodded her head. “You always say that Grandma” I whispered.

Grandma smiled before looking back at the queen. “There is so much I wanted to tell you Eunbin but I never had the courage to” Frowning I shook my head. “What do you mean?” looking up at the queen I noticed her eyes were red and puffy like she had been shedding tears. Snapping my eyes back to grandma I frantically looked over her face. “Grandma please tell me”

Grandma inhaled as she softly squeezed my hand. “Your mother and father didn’t die

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter