Chapter 1

The Real Water Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sitting along the water bank on the outer parts of your tribe, you were watching Niel your childhood friend bend the water. He had learnt a few new tricks and wanted to show you. Even though he wasn’t doing such a great job, you felt like you had to listen to him as he was instructing you on what to do.

“Okay now place your left hand at eye level, whilst your right hand is down by your waist”

Nodding your head, you followed his instructions. He was teaching you on how to lift a water bubble from a moving river. You had never been able to move things from something that was moving, so you were feeling a little scared about it.

“Okay that’s good. Now concentrate on how much water you want to move, whether it is a little bit or you want to move a lot”

Furrowing your eye brows, you stared intently at the spot you wanted to move. As you raised your right hand and lowered your left, you noticed the water starting to shake and move slightly. Niel moved closer to your side with a bright smile on his face. He had been training you well before you had your abilities. Niel had gotten his bending power 2 years before you, so he was trying to catch you up on all the different moves there were.

“That’s good Eunbin! Focus a little harder though, you’re not putting enough energy into it”

You squinted your eyes in hopes of being able to concentrate more, but all that did was make the water that you were slowly bringing into the air to fall back into the river. An annoyed sigh escaped your lips as you shook your head. Niel was better at bending than you, and in your tribe the girls were meant to know a little more about bending then males.

Niel watched you as you took a seat under a tree, anger was written all over your face. A warm smile formed on Niel’s lips, as he walked over towards you taking a seat next to you. He knew how much you wanted to be able to bend water, since all the girls in the tribe were already able to.

“Don’t worry Eunbin. It took me awhile to get it, and even now I still can’t get it right. It takes time for a bender to learn new skills. You will be a great bender one day, but it takes time. Okay?”

“Neh”

You said whilst resting your head on your knees. No matter how hard you tried you could never be as good as the other benders in your tribe. You wanted to be able to show Hyori that you can be a good bender even if you learnt late, but of course you weren’t able to do so.

“Im just angry Niel. No matter how hard I try I can’t seem to bend like the other girls”

“Don’t always set yourself high goals. Look at me, yeah okay I got mine early but all the other boys were already so good at their bending then what I was. You just can’t let it get to you that all”

Your eyes never left the river. You found it peaceful to watch the water rush passed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter