The Train Ride

WHAT?! I'm EXO's New Member?

You bolted out of the front door and down the hallway towards the elevator that would lead you down to ground level. 

Luhan was screaming behind you to stop at that instant but you had to go your own way. 

No matter how much your brain tells you that going to get Ena is a dangerous and stupid idea by yourself but your heart kept you going. 

The rush of adrenaline from the chase made the elevator appear to be a mile away. 

You accidentally skid the top of your boots along the carpet which caused you to trip up. 

You could feel the vibration of the floor from Luhan's strides. 

"Ross what are you doing?!" Luhan shouted from behind you. You desperately tried to get up but Luhan grabbed ahold of your jacket and tugged you back. 

You flung yourself towards the elevator but failed. 

Luhan flipped you over on the ground and straddled your hips to stop you from moving. 

"Let me go!" you shrieked as time was running out. 

"No! Explain to me why you injured Jongin." Luhan grabbed your vest with both hands and pulled you closer to him. 

Nothing was coming to mind when you thought of a way to escape his grasps. Eventually a ridiculous plan came into mind that could work.

Although the idea hurt you deeply. You whipped your head forward. You headbutted Luhan.

The pain ran a shockwave through your skull but you had to endure it. 

Luhan fell onto his back and groaned in agony. He didn't know why you were acting like this, he was sure that you've gone mentally insane. 

You just so happened to be right next to the emergency exit that leads to the stairs. You nauseously stumbled towards the the door and pushed it open while you cupped your forehead from the soreness. 

I'm so sorry...

 

 

 

" Luhan! Are you alright?!" Xiumin ran up to him and kneeled next to the wounded man. 

Luhan was still whimpering from the sudden headbutt. 

By now everyone was awake from the ruckus. Baekhyun was still with the others and sneaked out through the other exit as the group gathered around Luhan. 

As Baekhyun passed a fire extinguisher cabinet he opened it revealing a black tote bag. He swiftly grabbed it and ran down the other emergency passageway glancing one last time at his distressed group. 

 

Eventually you staggered to the door that lead to the back of the carpark.

You waited for Baekhyun arrive as you thought about Luhan.

Collateral damage...

 

 

You saw someone towards your left coming out of the other exit. You breathed a sigh of relief as it was Baekhyun.

(this is kris but lets pretend its baekhyun)

He was carrying a bag that made you a bit apprenhensive.

Baekhyun quickened his pace and check your forehead when he got closer to you

"I'm sorry Ross. I couldn't stop them."  Baekhyun gave you an apologetic look. 

"It's fine. What's in that bag?" 

You grabbed it from him and ped it to find clothes for men. 

Baekhyun grabbed out a pair of pants and jacket for you. "This is our disguise to avoid the media from recognising us. Here, wear this beanie and moustache". 

You couldn't help but let out a little giggle, you shook yourself out of it. 

Baekhyun undressed in front of you giving a brief glance of his sculpted torso. You didn't think much of it and got changed as well. 

You two stuffed the clothes in the bag and left the bag there. 

Baekhyun checked his clock "It's 1:51 we have to hurry!". Off you two sprinted in the general direction of the train station. 

 

The streets outside were still packed with people which is to your advantage as you could blend in and avoid detection.

You looked back and saw a few security guards running out of the grand entrance to the apartment complex and hurriedly scanned the horizon for you two. 

Your moustache happened to fly off your face and you tried to grab it exposing you in the crowd. 

Baekhyun placed his hand on your shoulder and pushed you down into a crouch position. 

" that was close" you muttered under your heavy breath. 

"Theres no time." Baekhyun grabbed your hand and you two continued to sprint towards the train station. 

 

Eventually you two arrived at the train station on time. Baekhyun received a phone call at the exact moment the security doors closed in the main entrance. 

Baekhyun nervously accepted the call and listened attentively. 

 

 

"We have to get to platform 4 and take the last train thats coming in 30 seconds". 

You immediately sped off with Baekhyun following closely behind you. You were so worried that you weren't going to make it on time. 

You almost slipped around the last corner that leads to platform 4.

The both of you flung yourselves into the train in the last minute. Baekhyun had to propel himself into the train otherwise the doors would have closed on him leaving you alone. He landed with a loud thump on the train floor. 

He appeared to have injured his wrist. 

"Hyung, are you alright?" you kneeled beside him in the empty train carriage. 

He managed a faint smile and nodded. He lifted himself up and made a strange expression. 

"Um what's wrong?" you sat down in a seat opposite him. 

"Trains are usually disabled for this platform in the morning...".

You rolled your eyes "Must've been their work. Which stop are we getting off?" 

"The last stop for this train. It should take about 10 minutes". Baekhyun checked his text messages to make sure he was saying the right information. 

You leaned back to relax for a bit but your mind was still wandering about Ena's current state. 

"Don't worry about the guys, they'll understand" Baekhyun beamed a smile at you. 

"I'm not worried about them. They can handle themselves right?" the two of you broke into laughter. 

Laughter was a calming relief from the anxiety and pain that was about to follow unbeknownst to the two of you. 

 

"The next stop is Hoehyeon. Please be ready to alight" 

 

"How many stops are there left?" you looked up at the map that confused the hell out of you. 

"There's still heaps of stops until the last one." Baekhyun traced his finger along the system map that was stuck onto the inner wall of the train.

 

 

"Hey hyung, why are you helping me anyway? Your note only told you to bring me here. " you sudden asked Baekhyun who was know sitting opposite you. 

His head bolted up and he looked into your eyes. "Well, because I had to just like you were forced to come here and..." 

"and...?" you tilted your head slightly in anticipation. 

 

 

 

"and because I want to protect you." his cheeks blushed a subtle pink hue. 

You managed a wide grin. "Thanks for being a true brother to me Bacon". 

 

Your words struck his heart like an arrow. This isn't what he wanted you to say. It pained him to hear you say those words which you genuinely meant. 

"No, Ross I-" he realised that he was expressing his thoughts out loud and stopped himself before he leaked anymore. 

You looked at Baekhyun for a bit, confused at his sudden cut-off. 

"...you were saying?" 

Baekhyun shook his head, "nevermind...". 

 

"Right..." you squinted your eyes at him, he looked awfully fidgety though. 

 

 

After a few stops you became really sleepy, after all it was more than 18 hours since you slept. 

 

 

 

"Last stop, Danggogae station. Please be ready to alight"

 

 

You were alert once again from the announcement and tied your hair up into a high ponytail. 

 

The bus station was no longer underground but it was in the open. The train came to a halt as you passed a decrepit sign that said "DANGGOGAE STATION" in Korean. 

 

You got up and went to an exit where Baekhyun was already standing. You looked up at Baekhyun before exiting the train.