Tension

WHAT?! I'm EXO's New Member?

"It is best if you stayed home for a while. Good night" the detective said as he left the apartment.

 

 

Dinner was eaten in silence. Nothing was heard except for the clinking of the cutlery against the ceramic dishes. You didn't even touch your food.

Everyone was looking down when they ate, some with frowns embedded in their foreheads. Some faces were stone cold from shock.

Your anger was building up inside of you. You didn't want to scare the others but you were no longer capable of keeping it cool. 

Your best friend was kidnapped not long after her membership. You felt like a total failure not being able to protect her the second she got here. 

You lowered your hair even lower trying to cover the tears that were cascading down your cheeks. 

Baekhyun was sitting next to you, he noticed that you were crying and tried to comfort you but was stopped by someone else. 

You placed your chopsticks on the table and got up from your chair. You began to walk towards your room in a stiff shuffle. 

You could feel everyone's eyes on you. 

The dark hall appear as an endless abyss. You broke out into an uncontrollable sob as you continued towards the door to your room. 

Luhan leaped out of his chair but was dragged back down by Chen. 

"Don't." Chen whispered to Luhan with teary eyes. "Give her time to think on her own."

 

You entered the pitch black room and collapsed onto your bed. You wished that this was just a nightmare but it is reality. 

Your breathing became irregular from the crying causing an uncomfortable ache in your empty chest. 

Soon, your fatigue made you fall asleep. 

 

 

 

By now its was midnight.

The boys were all awake trying to think of a way to find Ena. However, realistically, they were all too young and inexperienced in life to even know where to begin. 

They felt helpless. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. 

"God, I can't stand this" Xiumin blurted out. He was clearly agitated and hurt by this situation. 

"You can't stand this?! How can you say that when all of us are dying inside because Ena's gone?" Luhan scolded Xiumin. This was the first time that any member has shouted at each other. 

Xiumin could only look up and glare at Luhan. They are best friends but tonight they appeared to be mortal enemies. 

Kris stood between them trying to ease the argument.

"Calm down, we don't know whether or not Ena's been kidnapped." Kris sad in his low gentle voice. 

Both Xiumin and Luhan sighed in annoyance and gazed elsewhere. No matter how angry they are with each other, the fact that they can openly argue means that their bond is tight. 

Kai stood upright from leaning against the couch and approached the hall way leading up to his room that he shares with Suho and Chen. He flicked on the lights and was eyeing your room.

You had woken up and wanted to get a glass of water. You bumped into each other in the end of the hall way where your dorms were located exactly opposite each other. This was out of the view from the dining room where everyone was. 

"Sorry" you mumbled. 

One of Kai's arms s around your back and pulled you towards him. You could feel his other hand slide into your front pocket where you've been hiding the notes. 

Your heart stopped the moment he pulled them out and read them. He pushed you back a little and unfolded the notes.

 

"...or else there will be consequences." Kai looked up at you but you averted your eyes away from his. 

"You know I won't let you go." Kai's voice grew dominant. You swiftly turned your head back to look at him. 

"How did you know?" you asked in hesitation.

"I saw them in your pocket when you left the dinner table" he told you and made you feel like an idiot for not being careful enough.

"If you get in my way I swear I can't promise that I won't hurt you" your normal voice transformed into a threatening whisper. 

"We'll see about that." Kai threw the pieces of paper at you and went back to the others.