tug of war

And He Called Me Ugly

 

Chapter 25

 

Since when did my life turn into such a drama? This is seriously so cliché.

 

JunHyung walked towards me and DooJoon still with that stupid smile on his face. “Are you so confident that I would pick you over him?” I asked JunHyung.

 

He smirked. “Well, you were the one who said ‘what if I told you I don’t like you anymore’, right? It means you’re interested in someone else.”

 

It was my turn to smirk. “Doesn’t automatically mean you.” I retorted back at him. “Besides, it was hypothetically speaking. You don’t know if I do still like DooJoon.”

 

Wait, who did I really like out of these two losers anyway?

There’s my loser best friend who can’t even tell me why he kissed me, twice.

Then there’s this jerkface who decides that he does like me after tormenting my life all these years.

 

My life doesn’t get any better than this.

 

“Well, guess what she is going to pick me.” JunHyung’s voice said as he yanked me closer to him.

 

“She loved me first!” DooJoon shot back and pulled me to him.

 

“I was the only one who stuck by her all this time!” JunHyung shouted back.

 

“She’s gonna come back to me, you’ll see.” DooJoon called back.

 

That got me back to earth. I glared at the two boys and wriggled my arms away from their grips. “You two can go yourselves.” They looked at me with surprised eyes but I just glared at each of them and started walking off to the apartment. I’ve had enough for one day, thank you very much. I turned back and saw the two of them walking towards me. I stopped and they stopped. “TRY AND FOLLOW ME I WILL BREAK YOUR FINGERS ONE BY ONE.” I shouted at them.

 

“BUT HYUNJI!” DooJoon called out. “WE LIVE IN THE SAME APARTMENT BUILDING!”

 

O GOD. WHY DO I HAVE TO GET THE IDIOTS!?

 

“AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!” I shouted and groaned out.

 

I got home fuming mad. Good thing HyunSeung was home because I still cannot figure out where I left my keys. “Who rained down on your parade?” HyunSeung asked with a small laugh.

 

I glared at him, walking to the kitchen and getting water. “Don’t get me started.” I told him. “By the way, if JunHyung or DooJoon comes over, tell them to get lost or or to do something useful to their lives.” I told him.

 

“DooJoon?” HyunSeung replied interestingly, raising an eyebrow. “Anything you wanna share with your twin brother?”

 

I sneered. “The loser named DooJoon decided that he now likes me when I decided to loathe him for all eternity.” I told my brother. “Then the other loser named JunHyung decides to kiss me when he’s clearly dating someone that is not me.”

 

My brother laughed. “Well which loser do you like better?” he asked. “I mean, if you don’t like DooJoon and swore to loathe him then give Junhyung a chance. You’ve stuck with him your whole high school life and it seems like he does care about you. Not really that difficult right?” he said. He had a point. “Unless you do still like DooJoon. Then that complicated everything my dear sister.”