two kisses in one day

And He Called Me Ugly

 

Chapter 23

 

We walked out of the theatre with me mostly pissed off with DooJoon. SaeByul walked out, holding on to JunHyung’s arm. She smiled at him before turning to me and DooJoon, “well that was fun wasn’t it?” she said. “Only if that person didn’t shout earlier.”

 

Oh SaeByul, that person was me. Because you know, I almost got harassed by this jerkface. I looked at JunHyung and he was eyeing DooJoon, like he wanted to throw daggers at him with his eyes. “Yeah, if only.” JunHyung said.

 

I rolled my eyes. This is not the date that I was thinking of.

 

“So, where to next?” SaeByul asked, looking from DooJoon to JunHyung. Her eyes lit up, clapping her hands together. “Should we have dinner? Or go to the noraebang!” she suggested.

 

I clamped my mouth shut. Well, since I can’t really decide since I lost to DooJoon and he’s in full control of my life right now. “Yeah, let’s go have some dinner. HyunJi and I haven’t eaten the whole day since we woke up.”

 

SaeByul gasped. “You guys slept together?”

 

“WHAT!?” I shouted. “Who slept together?” I asked. Well, I wasn’t really paying attention to their conversation. I looked at JunHyung and it seemed like he really didn’t care at all.

 

DooJoon suddenly pulled me closer to him. “Yeah, poor HyunJi got drunk last night and she lost her house keys so she had to sleep over at my place.” He looked at me with a smile. Technically everything he said was right and I was too tired to argue back. I’ve been arguing with him since this morning, I do get tired you know? “Come on, let’s go eat!” he said.

 

We left the mall and went to a BunShik. BunShik is one of those red tents you see at night where people get drunk in Korean dramas. DooJoon and SaeByul were talking animatedly about things that I didn’t really care about, SaeByul would casually turn to JunHyung and ask him things and he would reply to her with a smile.

 

I’ve never seen him smile so much since I knew him.

 

I nudged DooJoon and he turned to me abruptly. “I’m gonna go pee.” I told him and he nodded in reply. I walked out and looked for a nearby comfort room and found one a street away from where our bunshik was. It’s one of those portable toilets that usually smell funky.

 

Use those? Or go into another shop and pee?

Ugh. Why is this so complicated?

 

I started walking towards the portable toilet when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and was surprised to see JunHyung behind me. “What are you doing here?” I asked him. “You need to pee too?” I asked.

 

He sighed deeply. “You think I’ll let you go look for a comfort room by yourself?” he said in a naggy voice. “Come on.” He said, holding on to my arm.

 

I lowered my head and smiled.

I kinda missed it.

Him being next to me all the time.

 

So, we darted off towards a café nearby and he waited for me to finish my business and we walked back together to the bunshik, taking our time.

 

“So…” I started. “You and SaeByul… Interesting.” I said, for the lack of a better word.

 

I was expecting him to smile. But he didn’t. “Yeah.” He said. “And you’re finally with DooJoon, huh?” he said.

 

I sneered. “Right.” I said, glancing at him and found him looking at me. “You’re different when you’re with her.” I said, feeling hurt.

 

He suddenly pulled me back softly. “Hyunji.” He said softly.

 

And for the second time today, I got kissed. But this time, I got kissed by my best friend.

 

Who I think… Is the one who stole my first kiss.