Transformation

And He Called Me Ugly

Chapter 3

“LEAVE ME ALONE!”

 

“JANG HYUNJI OPEN THIS DOOR!”

 

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

 

You might be wondering why I’m shouting like that. Well, remember JunHyung dragged me off to go shopping? Yeah. DongWoon and YoSeob came and wanted to help pick out my so-called ‘costume’ for dancing with them. We got in one store called Forever 21. It was a really girly store but I didn’t have any choice. They locked me in a dressing room, throwing in random things at me for me to change into.

 

Shorts, sparkly shirts, dresses. NO. FREAKIN. WAY. So, I decided to put up an argument then ended up locking myself inside the dressing room because JunHyung was threatening me that he was gonna come in and FORCE the clothes on me.

 

“HYUNJI, LET GO OF THE DOORKNOB!” YoSeob shouted, pulling on the door.

 

“NO!” I shouted back, pulling the doorknob. “THERE IS NO ING WAY YOU WILL GET IN HERE.” I shouted, putting up a fight.

 

“JUNHYUNG HYUNG IS RIGHT. YOU ARE SUCH A MAN!” I heard DongWoon complain who’s probably tugging on the other side.

 

All of a sudden, the tugging stopped. What the freak is happening at the other side of this freakin’ door!? No, I’m not stupid I’m not gonna open it. JunHyung’s probably raging mad at the other side.

 

“Jang HyunJi.” JunHyung’s calm voice said on the other side. “On the count of five, and you haven’t picked anything, ANYTHING to wear from that pile of clothes, and showed it to me, I will seriously drag that Yoon DooJoon guy over here and make you deal with him. Don’t make this any more difficult.” JunHyung’s voice sounded serious.

 

Nah. He won’t do it.

 

“I will do it you know.” His voice responded.

 

Whoa, is he psychic or what? He can hear my thoughts?

 

“, you’re thinking out loud!” JunHyung said and suddenly banged on the door which surprised me. “Now, at the count of five.”

 

HOLY . NO WAY.

 

“One.” He said, probably holding up a finger in front of the door.

 

I started rummaging through the pile. Ugh, I guess the good thing was, all they picked was either, black or grey. I found a dress. It was a chiffon sleeveless dress. Ew. No.

 

“Two!”

 

. DON’T PANIC. DON’T PANIC. I picked up a grey shirt that had splats of different colored inks on it and a black leather jacket that was cut on the midriff and picked out black ripped jeans.

 

Sure I don’t dress well for myself but it doesn’t mean I have no sense of fashion.

 

Anyway, JunHyung said show right? Not wear.

 

“THREE. JANG HYUNJI I’M WARNING YOU!”

 

I unlocked the door and peeked my head out. “I SWEAR IF ANY OF YOU TOUCHES ME, I WILL SUE FOR HARASSMENT!” I shouted at them. None of them moved, thank god.

 

I showed them the items I had on hand. JunHyung eyed it carefully, putting a hand under his chin. “Wear it.” He barked at me.

 

I rolled my eyes and closed the door then quickly changed into the clothes I picked out. I opened the door and peeked out my head once more. “don’t laugh.” I instructed them.

 

The three of them gave me serious faces. I sighed and opened the door revealing me in the outfit. “What!? Do I really look that ugly?” I asked as they looked at me from head to toe.

 

Okay, this is getting awkward. I was about to turn back when JunHyung grabbed my arm. He suddenly smiled at me. Its not one of those sarcastic smiles. It felt so genuine. “You look great.” He said.

 

Wow. Was that a compliment from Yong JunHyung?

 

“o—okay I’m gonna change out of these clothes now.” I told them, walking back in but JunHyung grabbed my arm again.

 

God his grip seriously hurts.

 

“Wear them. For the rest of the day.” He said, dragging me (again) to the cashier.

 

WAIT. WHAT!? “NOOO! THAT WASN’T PART OF THE PLAN!” I shouted at him, struggling out of his grip.

 

He stopped walking and looked back at me then sighed. “Jang HyunJi. Please don’t make this more difficult than it already is.” He said, I could hear the tiredness in his voice. “I’m urging you to wear them for the rest of the day so you can get used to them. I’m not ridiculing you, nor playing games with you.”

 

I suddenly felt bad. Well not really.

 

Then he stared at my feet. He made a face then walked off. I followed him as he walked around and finally found the section he was looking for.

 

Shoes.

 

He was staring from shelf to shelf, like he was looking for something in particular. He suddenly turned back to me and motioned for me to come towards him. I obeyed and he pointed for me to sit on the couch. I did as I was told and waited. After a few seconds, he came back and crouched in front of me. He took off my shoes and slipped my feet into some knee high boots. He suddenly held out his hand to me.

 

This seems really romantic and all… Or maybe I just haven’t seen this soft side of JunHyung before.

 

“WHAT THE HYUNJI, DO I HAVE TO DRAG YOU AGAIN?” He said, annoyed of waiting.

 

Yeah, he had to ruin the moment.

 

Well, it is Yong JunHyung.

 

I took his hand and he helped me stand up. He started to walk off and I just remained in my spot. He looked back at me and raised an eyebrow. “What? So now that you look like a girl do you want me to treat you as one too?” he barked at me.

 

“I DON’T KNOW HOW TO WALK IN THESE HEELS YOU SMARTASS!” I shouted back at him.

 

Seriously, I am not surprised why we’re not kicked out yet.

 

JunHyung looked back at me and sighed. I know you , you’re not the only one who’s struggling here. I rolled my eyes at him and lifted my feet. Soon enough, I was starting to walk very slowly and I got the hang of it again. Its been 2 and a half years since I last wore high heels.

 

We… well I struggled to the cashier, seems like JunHyung already finished paying. He handed me a paper bag with all my school clothes and flats in it then we left.

 

I started to walk towards the arcade when JunHyung tugged on my arm again. “We’re not yet done.” He said. I just followed quietly.

 

He’s gonna probably want me to do more shopping.

 

We suddenly entered a salon. YoSeob and DongWoon were already inside. “JunHyung.” I said in a serious tone.

 

He looked back at me and sighed. “I know you hate this. But, we have to do something with your hair always in your face.” He said then entered the salon, waiting for me by the door.

 

I sighed in defeat and entered anyway.

 

JunHyung was the one talking to the stylist. I was playing a game with DongWoon’s PSP. The female stylist suddenly came up to my chair and smiled. “Don’t worry, he told me not to cut a lot.” She said with a smile. Then draped a blanket over the mirror. “He also said not to show you just yet.”
 

I looked back at JunHyung and he nodded at me then sat down beside YoSeob. Well, what can I do right?

 

After almost an hour of snipping and putting blue smelly stuff on my hair, the stylist momentarily left me and walked towards JunHyung. The stylist spun me around to show me to JunHyung. His bored sullen eyes suddenly turned round and surprised.

 

“Whoa.” YoSeob said as he laid eyes on me.

 

I was actually somewhat scared of their reactions, when Junhyung suddenly smiled. He nodded at the stylist and she removed the blanket over the mirror.

 

To be honest, I was scared. But I still spun around to look at myself.

 

My long black hair was cut into layers, not to mention I have a fringe, framing my face but the majority was still the same length as before. And some of the bottom and back parts had blonde highlights. I touched my hair in disbelief. It really looked nice. I smiled a bit and looked back at JunHyung. “There you go…” he said then smirked. “Ugly.”