admitting defeat

And He Called Me Ugly

 

Chapter 28

 

“Hey, great job today.” KiKwang said as we walked from the studio and to my house. Yeah, he would drop me by the apartment complex then go on his way home. I told him he didn’t have too but we always end up arguing. He’s really stubborn like that.

 

I smiled, “yeah, we did really well, I think.” I told him with a small chuckle. “We still have a month more before the actual contest. So plenty of time to make changes and perfect the routine.” I told him and yawned. I was really tired.

 

He laughed. “Yah, don’t fall asleep when you get home. You need to finish your homework!” he told me, slightly pushing me off the sidewalk.

 

“Loser.” I told him and pushed him as well. “I know I have to do homework, APPA.” I told him, emphasizing the word Appa. I looked at him and he was looking straight curiously. So I looked at the direction he was looking at too.

 

It was SaeByul. She was standing outside Time Out, still in her school uniform. I slowly walked up to her, with KiKwang trailing by my side. She looked to our way and she broke into a small smile. “Hey HyunJi. I was hoping I’d bump into you.” She said with a wary voice.

 

Bump into me? More like waiting for me. And I think I know what this is about. I looked at KiKwang who still had a curious look on his face. “Go home KiKwang. My house is near here anyway, I’m gonna go talk to SaeByul first.”

 

KiKwang frowned. “Fine. But you have to call me once you’re at home. I don’t want HyunSeung killing me because you’ve gone missing.” He said and I chuckled with a nod. He smiled at me then at SaeByul. “Bye you two. Take care!” He said then left.

 

I turned to SaeByul and motioned to go in Time Out. “Come on, let’s talk here.” I told her and entered. We sat at the farthest booth, well there was barely any people inside anyway. I looked at SaeByul and something was definitely wrong.

 

She looked up at me with a blank expression, “HyunJi, do you like JunHyung?” she asked all of a sudden which caught me off guard.

 

Why do people always ask me this question? Is it that obvious?

I don’t even talk to him anymore for goodness sake.

 

“Why do you ask?” I threw back at her.

 

She chuckled a little. “I don’t know, to be honest.” She said. “We were doing fine until today. After classes, I knew he went to look for you. I don’t know what you guys talked about though. Then when we left school, he took me to practice with the boys then we had ice cream here.” She said. “He told me a lot of confusing things at first then I realized what he was trying to do.” She looked down at her feet.

 

Oh gosh, please don’t cry. I can’t handle people crying.

Aigooo please don’t cry. T_T

I might just cry.

 

“Did… did you two break up?” I asked her and she nodded with a bitter smile on her lips. “Oh.” Was all I could say. “Well, he did come to talk to me, he asked if KiKwang and I were really a couple and I told him the truth. We argued for a while but I didn’t think it was that bad. We always argue.” I told her with a shrug.

 

SaeByul just looked at me while I told her those words. “But, do you like him? JunHyung I mean.” She asked again. “It’s just the two of us, you can tell me.” She said.

 

“Doesn’t it hurt?” I shot back at her. “Talking about him.”

 

Then she waved her head and afterwards she bit her lower lip. “I don’t want to hold him back. I know that he’s always liked you from the moment you guys became friends. It was pretty obvious. Before, I don’t know if you were only playing dumb or if you were completely oblivious to it, now I know.” She said with a smile. A real smile this time.

 

I couldn’t say anything.

JunHyung has liked me since we became friends?

Sure, I am a little slow.

Well, not just a little to be honest.

It’s just… I like it when people explicitly tell me what they want from me.

Why do you have to make it so complicated right?

 

“And DooJoon, he’s just playing hard to get, but I’ve always known the truth.” SaeByul added with a giggle. “Boys are boys, they find the weirdest ways to express their feelings for you.” She said, slightly shrugging.

 

I looked outside while the cars were zooming off to their houses. Did JunHyung really like me all this time? And DooJoon? Why was this getting more complicated that it should be? I looked at SaeByul and she was smiling. “Thanks Saebyul.” I told her simply.

 

She placed a hand on top of mine, “don’t be afraid to admit your feelings.” She told me. “if you like Junhyung or Doojoon, tell them. You know what you have, don’t wait for it to get lost. And besides,” she said with a smile, “if you don’t I’ll really go after JunHyung myself.”

 

Really, she wasn’t such a bad girl. And no, she’s not really annoying.

I was simply…

 

Ugh. Do I really have to admit it?

Fine, I was jealous.

You all happy now?


 

on a different note, two more chapters people before the grand finale.

the poll, as you guys can see, Junhyung clearly won but for the DooJoon fans (like me) I will be posting three endings.

YES, you read it correctly, I said 3 endings. because I love my readers and subscribers <3

 

so, anticipate for the endingsss~

 

-listeningsoul