Chapter 17: breaking up.

And He Called Me Ugly

 

hello my dearest readers!

did y'all miss me? :) yes, I am here to update! the new character comes out after this chapter btw. :) thanks for all the love and support! the comments make me so happy. <3 you're all awesome!



 

Chapter 17

 

"5 minute break then let's run it again." JungHyung said and I nodded in reply.

 

We’ve been practicing for 3 hours already, we were going to have our very first performance at the Club tomorrow night. JunHyung’s been really obsessed with practices lately. He says he wants everything to be just perfect.

 

I looked behind me and saw DongHae, he was concentrated on playing on his PSP. I smiled and walked towards him, sitting down beside him. I took a peek and he was playing soccer. Of course. “Aren’t you a little bored?” I asked him.

 

He paused his game then looked at me and smiled. “Nope, I like watching you dance.” He said and I gave him a small smile in return.

 

I really feel guilty about DongHae. I’m dating him because… well because it was an impulse. I thought it was interesting to get to know him. He’s too nice for me.

 

We continued dancing until it was about 10 in the evening. My brother started calling and I told him I was gonna go home soon. I turned to JunHyung and he was on the phone, I walked closer to him and heard him say things like, dinner, cutie and later. He quickly hanged up and looked at me. “You look suspicious.” She told him.

 

JunHyung shrugged and walked past her. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He replied simply and turning on the song again. “Let’s run it one more time.” He said.

 

After another round of dancing, I went home with DongHae. He was just looking down, he wasn’t even talking. Usually, he’d be really talkative. “Anything wrong?” I asked him.

 

He looked up at me. “Do you really like me?” he suddenly asked, which caught me off guard. “I mean, honestly like me, like me. If that made sense.”

 

“I like you.” I replied confidently. “I like you just fine.” I smiled a bit.

 

He groaned and buried his face on his hands. “No you don’t.” he concluded then looked up the sky and sighed.

 

“Donghae…” I started thinking of something to say. He just looked at me. “Sorry, I’m not good at this.” I told him honestly. “I don’t know how to be a girlfriend. I really don’t.” I told him mildly shrugging. “Yeah I agreed to go out with you because I was surprised when you asked me out on a date during valentine’s day but… I didn’t think it’s gonna go this far.”

 

DongHae sighed and smiled. “Well, thanks HyunJi.” He said sincerely as they stopped in front of their apartment complex. “You were a fun person to be with, you know. Not like those clingy annoying girls.” He said, rubbing her head affectionately. “JunHyung’s so lucky to have you.”

 

“thanks.” I muttered under my breath.

 

Wait, what?

I looked up at DongHae, surprised. But he was grinning at me.

“Wait—“ I started but he laughed.

 

“I’ve always know you liked JunHyung.” He said. “Well, I’m leaving.” He said then looked at me. He was making those googly eyes. Weird. “We’re still friends right?” he asked, extending a hand out to me.

 

Is this how it feels to break up?

Like someone dropped a tall building on you.

 

I smiled and hugged him instead. “Of course we are.” I told him, punching him in the arm. “Thanks Donghae.”

 

I watched him leave, waving at him.

Then I felt my cheeks were wet.

 

 

Was I crying?

 

 But, I would know that right?

 

 

Hanging out with JunHyung has made me stupid.

 

Then I felt it, the droplets on my head.

It’s raining. Great.

 

I turned around and saw Jerkface watching there. “OH MY LORD!” since I was really surprised.

 

“No, it’s DooJoon.” He said simply.

 

“Still jerkface to me.” I muttered under my breath as I walked away from him.