hesitation

And He Called Me Ugly

 

Chapter 26

 

The next day, I decided to skip school. I didn’t want to see either JunHyung or DooJoon. I mean, who wants drama in their life right? No one. So I locked myself inside my room so HyunSeung couldn’t wake me up and he gave up around 30 minutes ago.

 

So, I threw on my jeans and a shirt, pulled on my chucks then left the apartment. I sighed as I got out. I was honestly expecting DooJoon to come bursting through somewhere. Good thing he didn’t.

 

“I knew you wouldn’t go to school.” Junhyung’s voice suddenly called out.

 

I looked behind and saw Junhyung leaning on the wall of the apartment building. He had a lollipop stuck between his lips and a smile to go along with it. He was also wearing casual clothes like me. I rolled my eyes and ignored him, turning around and continued walking.

 

I could hear his footsteps following me. “Hyunji… Don’t do this.” He said.

 

I stopped walking and I heard him stop too. I sighed and turned around. “Do what Junhyung?” I replied. “Stop ignoring you? What do you want me to do then? Should I start jumping up and down then hug you because you kissed me TWICE!?” I told him, letting out all the rage. “You can’t even tell me what that kiss meant.”

 

He stared at me, and not the hard expressionless stare he usually gives. It was more of a hurt, painful stare. “If I tell you what it meant, would you be able to give back what I’m asking from you?”

 

It was my turn to stare at him. “I… I don’t know Junhyung.” I replied honestly.

 

Maybe what Hyunseung said was right.

Why was I hesitating so much?

 

“Just give me a little more time and leave me alone for now, please.” I told him. He gave a small smile and nodded so I turned around and continued walking.

 

I was just walking, minding my own business. I didn’t even realize my feet brought me to Time Out. DongWan oppa was at the counter, I walked up to him with a smile. “Hi oppa, strawberry sherbet please.” I told him.

 

DongWan smiled with a nod. “You don’t look like you’re in a good mood.” He said, scooping out my strawberry sherbet. “Well, have a good rest of the day.” He said, handing me the ice cream. It had two scoops. I was about to tell him he got my order wrong but he winked at me, “Second scoop is for free to make a pretty girl smile.”

 

So I smiled then paid him for my ice cream. I held on my cup and sat down on a booth then sighed into my ice cream. What am I supposed to do now? I feel like I lost my best friend.

 

“Hyunji?” A familiar voice asked. I looked up and saw KiKwang with a curious face then it turned into a smile. He was wearing the school uniform. Obviously skipped classes. “You weren’t in class today.” He said.

 

I smiled at him. “You skipped classes today.” I told him in reply, pointing to his uniform.

 

He shrugged in reply. “Class was boring.” He concluded then stretched out his arms. “Besides, I need more practice.” He told me as I looked back into my ice cream.

 

I looked back up when he mentioned the word practice. “Practice for what?” I asked him.

 

He started digging through his bag and fished out a poster then handed it to me. “It’s a dance competition to get into this dance school in LA. It’s really cool you know, no more boring lectures just dancing. I’ve always dreamed of going.” He said.

 

It was pretty interesting. A full scholarship for 4 years in a dancing school in LA. 4 years was an awfully long time. And besides, the registrations were already closed. I saw him peering at me with a smile. “I can enter you as my partner if you’re interested. I mean it’s no big deal, if we win, we both get the scholarship.”

 

My eyes widened as I looked at him. “Really?” I asked and he nodded.

 

It wouldn’t hurt to try, right?

Who knows?

This might be the thing that can actually change my life.