What I really want

And He Called Me Ugly

 

Chapter 27

 

I went back to school after that. Though, I mostly avoided DooJoon and JunHyung and they definitely noticed. I would come to class, actually give a about lessons, spend all of my free time with KiKwang and spend the whole afternoon until late nights with KiKwang still then go home and do it all over again.

 

It’s been a whole month and spring break was almost near.  DooJoon tried to speak to me but I’m good at dodging people. JunHyung? He gave me the breathing space since I asked him to. A rumor was actually spreading that KiKwang and I were officially a couple now. Not that it’s real, I mean KiKwang is an angel, he’s very nice and funny too but our relationship is more of an oppa-dongsaeng relationship. Besides, the loser likes someone else.

 

“Hey HyunJi,” KiKwang started while I fixed my things. I looked up at him and saw him smiling at me. “I’ll wait for you by the gate okay?” he said and I nodded. He waved at me then left.

 

I finally finished putting my stuff in my bag and when I looked up, JunHyung was sitting on top of the teacher’s desk. He waved a hand, “Hi.” He said.

 

I smiled at him, putting on my backpack. “Hi JunHyung.” I replied with a small wave.

 

“You have a few minutes?” he asked before I could say that I had to go. I hesitated, looking outside, watching people leave the school. “It’s been a month since we actually spoke HyunJi.” He said.

 

“Fine.” I said, sitting down on my desk. “You stay there, I’ll stay here and we’ll talk.” I told him.

 

“Okay, I’ll take it.” He said, making himself comfortable on the desk. “Are you dating KiKwang?” he asked.

 

I’ve always loved that about JunHyung. He never beats around the bush.

 

I looked at him and sneered. “What do you think?”

 

“Answer the question HyunJi.” He said, staring at me intently.

 

“No. I am not dating Lee KiKwang.” I replied and he suddenly relaxed. “Was that all you needed to know? I have to go, KiKwang’s waiting for me.” I told him standing up and walking towards him darting for the door.

 

“I’m gonna break up with SaeByul.” He suddenly said when I was by the door.

 

I turned back and frowned at him. “Why would you do that?” I asked him back.

 

He shrugged. “Because I’m a fool.” He said without looking at me. “Because she’s a nice girl who deserves better than what I give her.”

 

“You’re a fool if you let her go.” I told him. And I don’t exactly know why, but I did. “She’s a great girl. Not that I would know but I think she is. Though, I think your personalities clash, don’t they always say opposites attract?” I said with a small smile.

 

Then he looked at me with those soft eyes. “Are we ever gonna be friends again?” he asked.

 

Are friends all we could be?

I wanted to ask him so badly.

 

“I don’t know JunHyung. I’ll tell you when I find out.” I told him and turned away. And before I could take a step out the door he spoke up again.

 

“Stop running away.” He said. “You’re always like this, running away from your problems. From people that complicate your life. Next thing you know, you have no one left. You’ll be all alone.” He said softly. “You don’t know what you want HyunJi.”

 

Who was he to tell me such words?

But somehow, everything that he said was right.

Was.

Not anymore.

 

I fully turned to him with a smile on my face. And he looked quite surprised too. I started looking for the flyer that KiKwang gave me at Time Out and handed it to him. “I used to be all those things that you said, but now I know what I want.” I told him and pointed to the paper. “This is what I want JunHyung.” I told him and left the room immediately.

 

I also wanted another thing but I couldn’t tell him.

I couldn’t tell him. It was him that I wanted the most.

But what difference was it gonna do?

Besides, I don’t want to hurt anyone. So I think it’s better that I don’t choose at all.