the truth... finally.

And He Called Me Ugly

 

Chapter 24

 

We sat down by the Han River. We haven’t spoken to each other since he kissed me. He just kind of took my hand and we continued walking.

 

“Why did you do it?” I asked him, feeling curious but too afraid to look at him.

 

I heard him gave out a short chuckle. “You didn’t ask DooJoon why he kissed you earlier.” He said.

 

“You saw that?” I asked him completely surprised. I turned to him and saw him looking down at his feet.

 

“Yeah.” He said, chuckling again then looking at me. “If only you knew how much I had to stop myself from standing up and walking over to give him a punch.” He mumbled enough for me to hear it.

 

I broke away from his gaze. “You still haven’t answered my question.” I told him flatly. “Why’d you do it?” I asked again.

 

He looked at me intently, “you’re asking me why I kissed you…” he started then looked down again and chuckled. “Are you really that slow that you can’t pick up?” he said.

 

I rolled my eyes and stood up which surprised him. “Thanks Junhyung.” I told him sarcastically and started walking off.

 

Why did I keep asking?

Because I wanted to hear it from him.

Yes, a kiss can mean a lot of different things.

So naturally, I wanted to affirm what kind of feelings he had for me.

 

Because I wanted to hear him say he loves me, more than a friend.

 

Then I felt the familiar grip on my arm as he yanked me towards his chest, his arms completely enveloping me. “Don’t be so difficult HyunJi.” He told me.

 

I pushed him away and glared at him. “You’re making it difficult. I feel like I’m wasting my time on you JunHyung. I just want to hear why you kissed me tonight and that time at Time Out.” I told him and his eyes widened. “Yes, I know it was you.”

 

He took a step closer to me and I took a step back. “Hyunji…” he started.

 

“Don’t be so difficult, I know.” I told him. “But JunHyung, you’re being difficult too.” I turned around and started walking off to the bus stop. Luckily, JunHyung didn’t follow me and the bus arrived a few minutes while waiting.

 

He keeps blaming me on being difficult when he’s being difficult too. It was only when I got in the bus when I realized my phone was going off.

 

DooJoon calling…

 

I sighed and answered the call. “What do you want?” I asked him, feeling tired.

 

“Where are you? What happened?” he asked. He sounded tired. “I’ve been looking for you for hours. I thought you got kidnapped or something.” He said.

 

I smiled a bit. “I’m on the bus, on my way home. Meet you there.” I told him and hanged up.

 

In a few minutes, the bus finally came to my stop. I got off and saw DooJoon sitting there, with his eyes closed. I kicked his leg lightly and he sat up then immediately stood up when he saw me. “Where were you? What happened?” he asked.

 

I walked off, going to our street leaving him on the bus stop. I saw him from the corner of my eye, trying to catch up. I stopped walking and turned to him. “After all these years, why the sudden interest with me?” I asked him.

 

He stared at me. “I’ve always liked you HyunJi. I just never really liked your personality when I first met you. When you were… a Barbie.” He said. “I just knew there was something better in you.”

 

“So, you waited for me to become this sarcastic girl who turned into a man hater because of you?” I retorted back at him.

 

The loser smiled. “If you were a man hater, you won’t be friends with JunHyung, YoSeob and DongWoon.” He replied.

 

“But, why do you keep calling me ugly?” I asked him further.

 

He laughed again. “Hyunji, did your mom never tell you that when boys are mean to you, that usually means that they like you?” he replied.

 

“What if I told you that I don’t like you anymore?”

 

That’s when his smile finally faltered a little bit. “Then, I guess I’d have to compete with Junhyung for your attention.”

 

Wait…

How did he know I was talking about JunHyung?

 

“But, in your mind, you’ve already picked. Haven’t you Hyunji?” Another voice came from behind. And I was so afraid to look but my eyes betrayed me and turned to look at JunHyung with a smile on his face.