Chapter 08

Undying Memories

Music: Trust By Generationals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeV-p33Lj-g

*Credit to them :D

 

 

 

 

“Miss Sunmi your back!” One of the maids called out as one of the maid open the door for Taecyeon and Sunmi.

Everyone was at the front hall, Ye Eun, Grandpa and Grandma Lee, all the maids and butler. The word was out that Mr.Ok took Sunmi somewhere and everyone wanted to know what happened.

As Sunmi stepped inside the mansion she took off her coat and hanged it at the clothes hanger. Everyone stared at Sunmi intensively, but to bad Sunmi who had a long day was too tired to notice.

Walking in front of the grand stairs that take up to the second floor where Sunmi’s room was she stopped and turned to her grandpa and grandma.

“Good night hal-abeojiwa halmeoni.” Sunmi said and bowed with respect and started climbing up the stairs. Everyone was shock as Ye Eun grabbed Sohee and ran up the stairs following Sunmi.

“Sunmi-ah! Wait up!” Ye Eun called as she hurried up with Sohee following behind.

Grandpa Lee watched as Sunmi disappear out of sight and turned to look at Taeyeon with a smile.

“My boy, I don’t know what you did with her but I thank you! She had never hanged her coat up that hanger ever since she started to behave like kid. She leaves everything a mess on the floor with the maid cleaning it up behind her.” Grandpa Lee exclaimed with a gleam in his eyes.

“Uhhhh,” Taecyeon made out as he scratched his head with everyone looking at him with a smile “It’s my pleasure sir.”

“No, no I shall pay you back with something? What will you like?” Grandpa Lee asks as Taecyeon shook his head.

“Please anything to ease this old man heart?” Grandpa Lee asks with a puppy face. Taecyeon seeing this gave in and thought about something he needed.

“How about a bicycle, I want a bicycle.” Taecyeon said as Grandpa Lee nodded his head in approval.

“Very well I shall fetch someone to get you a brand new bike by tomorrow.”

“Thank you sir,” Taecyeon spoke and bowed.

“I’m sure you had a long day today, everyone dismiss!” Grandpa Lee yelled, a key to tell everyone to go to bed for the rest of the day. Hooking his arm with his wife they both went up the stairs.

Taecyeon watched as Mr.Lee and Ms.Lee went up the stairs as the butler walking down the hall to get ready for bed. As he turned around he faced all the maids staring dreamingly at him.

“Uh……annyeong,” Taecyeon muster as all the girls sigh in front of him. “I should get going-“

“Let us help you!” All the maids yell as Taecyeon decided now was the time to run. Turning around and running down the other side of the hallway he turned a corner and went inside a room closing it right behind him. Catching his breath he could hear the maids running down the hall. Waiting for the footsteps to drift away he turned the door knob and opened the door slightly. Seeing no one he opened it and walked out, straighten his shirt for a second he heard someone yell.

“He’s right here!” One of the maids called out to the group. Turning around Taecyeon cursed under his breath and started to run once more.

Just then someone tugged on his shirt and pulled him to another dark room and closed it. Looking at who it was he found it was another of the Lee’s maid who helped him earlier in the days. She turned to look at him; they could see each other in room. It was lighted by the moon light, the room they were in happened to be connected to the outside garden.

“Thank you back there, for saving me Miss Sohee.” Taecyeon said as Sohee looked shocked.

“You remember me?” She asks with a blush as Taecyeon nod his head missing her cheeks turn pink.

“I wouldn’t forget a lady that helps a gentleman in distress.”  Taecyeon said as Sohee blushed more furiously.

“We should go outside to the garden; you don’t want to be in Ms. Lee’s office.” Sohee said as Taecyeon followed her. Opening the door she walked out with Taecyeon doing the same. Shutting the door and making sure the door was lock she turned to look at Taecyeon.

The moonlight caught his figure so perfectly that made him look more handsome at night. Sohee looked away knowing that she was staring.

“So Miss Sohee, how did you know I was being chased with maids?” Taecyeon ask as they started walking in the garden.

“I went downstairs when Miss Ye Eun told me I could rest and she will be taking care of Miss Sunmi instead of me. So she told me to stay at the guest room where she will be staying for tonight and she will sleep in my bed.” Sohee explained.

“You take care of her at night?” Taecyeon ask with a confuse face.

“Oh no, you see Miss Sunmi doesn’t like being alone at night when she sleep, she believes it’s too quiet.  So she has another bed in her room which I stay in.”

“So you’re like her personal maid?” Taecyeon ask as Sohee nod her head.

“Yes, but she treats me as her own sister and I’m grateful since I’m a single child.”

“So where are your parents exactly then?” Taecyeon ask facing her.

“Well they are living in Seoul peacefully.”” Sohee commented looking up at the moon.

“So how did you become to be a maid here?”

Sohee fix her gaze from the moon to Taecyeon who had a concern face. Just then something gave her the urge to talk about her family past to him.

“It’s okay if you don’t,” Taecyeon started to say.

“No that’s alright. It was two years ago when I was sixteen when I became a maid here in the Lee’s mansion.”

--------------------------------- [Flash Back] -------------------------------------Music: Secret Story by My Fair Lady OST http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BJjpb4pQ9o&feature=related

“Please Mr .Yu let me work here!” Sohee cried as she pulled onto the man’s coat.

“I’m sorry Miss Anh but you did not pass the maids standard test. Therefore you did not meet the requirement and you are fair to young to work in the Lee’s mansion. Mr. Lee strictly does not hire age sixteen.” Mr. Yu explained as he tugged back on his coat.

“Please! My family needs the money!” Sohee yelled as Mr. Yu went back inside the Lee’s mansion. Tears started to form in her eyes as the sky started to rain. Looking up at the grey sky she gave a slight smile.

“I guess you’re sad for me also huh?” she asked up at the sky. Just then she heard a car came to a stop, ignoring it she continues to sit on the ground as her clothes got wet.

“Are you alright?”

Looking up to the voice she found a fairly young girl about her age holding an umbrella over the both of them. With long dark hair and her body like a model she gave a smile at Sohee.

“I didn’t get hire to work at the Lee’s mansion and I need money for my family. I don’t know what to do anymore.” Sohee explained and looked back at the Lee’s mansion.

“Come on, I’ll help you.”

With that the young girl took out her hand and Sohee took it. Getting up from the ground they walked inside the mansion’s door with one of the maid holding it open for her. As the young girl gave her umbrella to another maid she told Sohee to follow her.

Walking down a long hall and many corners they finally stop in front of a door. Knocking on it and receiving a reply to come in the young girl open the door.

“Come on in don’t be scared I’m here with you.” The young girl said as Sohee hesitated and followed into the room.

“Hal-abeoji, I found this young girl sitting in front of the Lee’s mansion in the pouring rain.”

Grandpa Lee looked behind his granddaughter and to a young girl all wet.

“She needs help and I’m helping her in anyway if you won’t.”

“Sunmi-ah,” Grandpa Lee started to say “I know you want to help her but-”

“Hal-abeoji her family needs her help and I can’t just watch that! I’m hiring her to work here and become my personal maid and that’s final.” Sunmi spoke as her grandpa stared at her in astonishment. Never since the past two years had his granddaughter acted like an adult since she always acted as a kid.

Looking back at the young girl with amazement to what she made Sunmi did amaze him.

“She may work here then, and you young lady come here.” Grandpa Lee gesture Sohee to come forward.

“What is your name?”

“Anh Sohee.”

“Sohee tell me what happened in your family?” Grandpa Lee asks with a concern.

“My father is sick and were running out of money to cure him, besides that our family is running low on money-” Sohee explained and never finishing it since tears started to fall down from her eyes.

“I see, well don’t worry everything will be fine. Welcome to the family Sohee.” Grandpa Lee said with a smile as Sohee thanked him and gave Sunmi a hug thanking her.

----------------------------------- [End of flashback] --------------------------------

“So that is how I work here, being the youngest of all the maids.” Sohee explained as Taecyeon nod his head. They both sat down on the grass in the garden still.

“I really owe Mr. Lee and mostly Miss Sunmi a lot. Without them I wouldn’t have been here with my father healthy once again and my family living well.” Sohee said.

“So please Mr. Ok treat Miss Sunmi well, she isn’t all that bad. She isn’t spoil like many rich girls are. She has a kind heart; it’s just that she acts like a kid at times.”

“What do you mean at times?” Taecyeon ask confused.

“You see Sunmi doesn’t act likea child all the time. She can be very calm and patient like an adult only to particular people that are close to her. Like Miss Ye Eun, Mr. Jang,” Sohee said when Taecyeon cut in.

“And with you also,” Taecyeon said as Sohee nod her head.

“Yes, the only reason she doesn’t show it to her grandparents is because, well I actually don’t know. She’d never told me and I’d never bother to ask, I believe she will tell me when she wants to.” Sohee said and stared at Taecyeon.

“This is the longest we have talked.” He commented breaking the silence when it came across them.

“Yes it is,” Sohee whispered out. Without any more words, they both stared up at the sky taking in the peaceful quiet time.

 

-------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update, and thanks for everyone support by commenting I love to read it. :D Made this one a fairly long chapter hope you guys enjoy it~heart