Chapter 22

Undying Memories

Music: Mocha by Coffee Prince OST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh6A4RABUYA

*Credit to them (:

 

 

 

As Sunmi walked out of the nurse office she found somebody waiting outside the door for her. He was leaning against the wall with his arm crossed over his chest. Changed into his school uniform once more Nichkhun had his eyes on the ground. He quickly stood straight seeing Sunmi walk out and followed right after her.

 

“Is he alright? Your friend I mean.” His word stumbled out fast as Sunmi quicken her pace. She came to an abrupt stop turning around towards him with a frown.

 

“Why are you doing this?” Sunmi asks as Nichkhun taken by surprise fell silent.

 

“I…I like you Sunmi.” He simply said as Sunmi shook her head.

 

“No you don’t. You just think you do please just leave me alone. For years my life had been a roller coaster till now. Please let me live in peace.”

 

As Nichkhun looked into her eyes he saw an angel pleading. Not knowing what to say he just stared at her until someone interrupted them.

 

“Ahem.” Taecyeon cleared his throat as both Sunmi and Nichkhnu looked at him.

 

“Come on Sunmi we need to get going.” Taecyeon said as Sunmi nod her head. Sunmi was glad Taecyeon showed up to get her out of that situation. They didn’t have plans together he was just here to help her get away from Nichkhun. As they both walked down the hall Taecyeon mentioned her to change back into her school uniform as she was still wearing her gym clothes.

 

“You should really tell that guy to give up.” He advise once Sunmi step out of the girl’s locker room in her school uniform now.

 

“I just did awhile back, but he won’t give up. What do I do Taecyeon?” She asks with concern in her eyes.

 

“What I think you should do is simply tell him the truth again.”

 

Letting out a strain sigh she thought about his advice and decided to follow it. The next day Sunmi decided to go to school early with Taecyeon by her side for support without telling Wooyoung. Nickhun stood in front of Sunmi at the school garden shifting his eyes towards Sunmi then to Taecyeon. The sight of Taecyeon there was making him uncomfortable.

 

“So why am I here early again?” Taecyeon asks Sunmi as she waved her hand to silence him.

 

“Nichkhun I know you like me, but I’m going to show you that you don’t. I’ll go on a date with you.” Both Taecyeon and Nichkhun eyes pop out by surprise.

 

“What are you doing Sunmi? This isn’t my advice I told you about.” Taecyeon grab Sunmi and swivel her around to face him.

 

“I know, but I just need to prove to Nichkhun that he isn’t in love with me and by proving that we need to go on a date. But don’t tell Youngie okay?” Sunmi whisper the last part to Taecyeon so Nichkhun couldn’t hear. Turning back around she put on a serious face and spoke to Nichkhun.

 

“Let’s go on our date today. Skip school and everything.”

 

“Are you crazy Sunmi?! You can’t skip school.” Taecyeon shouted.

 

“I’ll call in sick for school no one will know and as for you,” she point to Nichkhun “you just don’t call in sick or anything so no one will suspect us being together.”

 

“Geez you make it sound like it’s a crime being with me.” Nichkhun said silently to himself sulking feeling hurt. From seeing that Sunmi soften her facial and touch her hand on his shoulder.

 

“Come on let’s go.” She said as she thanked Taecyeon for covering for her at school and not letting Wooyoung know.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

“So where do you want to go?” Nickhun asks Sunmi as they both stroll down the busy Seoul Street dressed in regular clothes. They had walked in silence for twenty minutes.

 

“It doesn’t matter.” She simply replied with her hands behind her back. He scratched his head as he didn’t have time to plan anything since this date came out of the blue.

 

Ten minutes later they were sitting at a park having a picnic. They both stared at the view in front of them. Children were playing on the grass taken out by their mother.

 

“So…” Nichkhun try to start a conversation, but realize he had nothing to say since he barely knows Sunmi.

 

“Yes?” She asks still staring ahead.

 

“Why don’t you tell me about yourself?” Nichkun asks, it occurs to him this “date” was like meeting a new friend.

 

“Well,” Sunmi thought about how to start her story and began, “my father died in a car accident when I was thirteen.”

 

Nichkhun listened intently and realize what a sad past Sunmi had had. Breaking the awkwardness he told some jokes to her that made her laugh. As time ticked away they both went to the ice cream shop for some ice cream.

 

Walking to a bus stop they both looked at each other with a smile. It was a nice spring day as the wind picked up nice cool breezes.

 

“I had fun today Nichkhun, but it doesn’t mean I like like you. I only see you as a friend.” Sunmi said while scrunching her brows together becoming serious.

 

“I know and I realized that I barely know you when I fell umm in love with you.” Nichkhun said blushing feeling like he acted like a fool for the past weeks.  Sunmi stuck out her hand for a hand shake, “Friends?” Nichkhun smiled and took her hands in his, “Friends.”

 

As they both got on the bus they decided to go to their school to wait for Taecyeon and Wooyoung from afar in case any teachers happen to see them. Standing near a street sign from a block down from their school they saw two figures hurrying towards them. Sunmi had informed them both to where they were.

 

“Sunmi are you alright? Why did you lie?” Wooyoung asks with hurt in his eyes as he got close to Sunmi. He gave daggers at Nichkhun who stood behind Sunmi.

 

“I’m alright and I’m sorry for lying I just wanted to clear up this situation.” She responded as Taecyeon cross his arms over his chest.

 

“Did you then?” Wooyoung asks noticing Nickhun smiling, suddenly he felt like he lost. He lost Sunmi to this Prince Charming guy. He clenches both of his fists together and walked right up to Nichkhun. His whole body was being build up with rage and he had the urge to swing his fist right on to Nichkhun’s jaw, but he couldn’t. A nice guy simply doesn’t fight.

 

“Youngie?” Sunmi called out touching his shoulder, he felt himself relax right there from her touch.

 

“Are you guys together then?” Looking at Nichkhun he asks this serious question. He didn’t dare look at Sunmi and ask her this question. He was afraid his tears might come out right then.

 

“No, we’re friends.” Nichkhun slowly said letting this answer sink into Wooyoung’s head.

 

He couldn’t believe what he just heard and turn around facing Sunmi who had a big smile on her face. “Is this true?”

 

“Yes you babo I wouldn’t leave you for him.” Sunmi pointed at Nichkhun.

 

“Hey! I thought we were friends?!” Nichkhun shouted pretending to be mad.

 

“I guess everything is solved then.”  Taecyeon who had stayed quite throughout the whole time said. All three of them nodded as Taecyeon smile. Life couldn’t be better than this.

 

----------------------------

Hurray to Chapter 22! Sorry if it's a bit boring ): I wasn't sure where the plot will be going for Sunmi, Wooyoung, and Nichkhun situation. I do hope you enjoyed it. Comments are welcome <3